Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Moriatti posted:

Anyone here run Curse of Strahd?
How close is it to the original module?

Also, if anyone has played with the Roll20 mod, can I use those maps with any system if I kinda don't like 5e?

Theyre just maps so they work fine regardless of system. Youll miss out on some integrated features like the monsters stats and character sheets, but its not hard to ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Cassa posted:

Probably because I'm currently infatuated with it, but you could run some dark stuff with Fragged Empire's mechanics. Make attribute healing even slower and you've made combat extra lethal.

mllaneza posted:

That's Traveller. Character generation could be quicker, but that hits the rest of your points.

Thanks, I'll check them out. I remember people talking about Fragged Empire recently, it looked solid but I forgot to actually read up on it in more detail.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I wonder how the V:tM 5th edition dev is going

ah

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
She's an ephebophile you carefags, LOL triggered much?

It's official. 4chan is writing the new Vampire.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

/tg/ homebrew and fangames are actually pretty well written if only lacking on several mechanic stuff.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Halloween Jack posted:

She's an ephebophile you carefags, LOL triggered much?

It's official. 4chan is writing the new Vampire.

Zak S is working on it isn't he?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Covok posted:

Not yet, as far as I know.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

potatocubed posted:

Not yet, as far as I know.

Oh right, he works for the parent company or something.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

he worked on one of the mobile app preview story things

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Reene posted:

ah

So she has a thing for new vampires AND young teenagers. That makes her a pedophile twice over. A biped if you will.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Reene posted:

ah

I'm at work and I'm not opening that document here but I'm pretty sure it states she fucks children. Feeding on children isn't that bad as far as White Wolf/Onyx Path stuff goes but that line made me do a double take.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I'm at work and I'm not opening that document here but I'm pretty sure it states she fucks children. Feeding on children isn't that bad as far as White Wolf/Onyx Path stuff goes but that line made me do a double take.

What. Where is this document?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Helical Nightmares posted:

What. Where is this document?

https://blog.white-wolf.com/2017/06/15/v5-pre-alpha-the-curtain-rises/

I downloaded it on my phone and screen capped it.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Uh, I think you'll find it's a metaphorical, no wait where are you going

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

:stare:

Well now. Yep. Uh huh.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeesh I didn't expect it to be that explicit and considering a lot of vampires get turned when they're too young to understand the consequences of becoming an immortal night-beast, they might as well have just said "Yeah she fucks kids".

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i mean if you wanna get technical that screen-cap says you love the young and then immediately clarifies in that it means a vampire who's only recently been turned

but if you're at a point where you have to go 'no the character i wrote is not a pedophile' it's not gonna be a great look, even if you're right

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Would it have been better if they specified young adults? (ie over 18?)

:can:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

i mean if you wanna get technical that screen-cap says you love the young and then immediately clarifies in that it means a vampire who's only recently been turned

Agreed but they REALLY need to be specific instead of "you love the young." period full stop.

"You love the freshly turned" would have been better.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I play tabletop games to escape reality so I ain't playing as the kidfucker who doesn't go out in the sun. YCS!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Disclaimer: I do not actually gently caress kids

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
That text was dodgy, but to me it was the "has to feed on kids and teens" that sent the cat over the cliff.

The excuse, of course, was written like that's something that fell onto the page by accident and it's not their fault a vampire has to feed on kids, it's not like they wrote it or anything...

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Actually, gently caress the world of darkness!

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

Why don't they use one of the terms from their game that literally mean young vampire and don't leave that kind of ambiguity? There are two separate terms for the drat thing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Reene posted:

Why don't they use one of the terms from their game that literally mean young vampire and don't leave that kind of ambiguity? There are two separate terms for the drat thing.

Ominous Jazz posted:

Really it feels like nobody is stopping the writers from just spewing whatever 'edgy' poo poo that comes out of their mouth. Because if there actually is somebody riding herd on the Vampire writers, they're not doing their loving job.

Pachakuti
Jun 25, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reene posted:

Because there isn't any ambiguity, the character is a YA author and secretly runs childcare centers. The player character is almost explicitly a serial child molester.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

I mean I knew the answer when I typed that but it's just an incredibly poor cover in the FAQ when it isn't even backed up by their own fiction.

Pachakuti
Jun 25, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
"OK gang, for this playtest we have a child molester, a South African pro-apartheid mercenary who worked for the Interahamwe, Toreador Joseph Goebbels, and Twitter sensation Milkshake Duck. Who wants who?"

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pachakuti posted:

Because there isn't any ambiguity, the character is a YA author and secretly runs childcare centers. The player character is almost explicitly a serial child molester.

I really can't wait to see Werewolf after the comments by Swede Dracula on them being Neo-Nazis. With Vampire, he just talked about how dark the game should be and how he wants to go back to the old days. With Werewolf he's leading with them being Neo-Nazis and the depths they'll sink to are now endless.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Swedracula is absolutely intent on recreating the oWoD as exactly what its most dismissive critics made it out to be in the 1990s, isn't he? It's like every exaggerated caricature of the game and its setting and player base, all mushed together and served up The New Official Version.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHH3s5u_2bc&t=9s

Covok
May 27, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Disclaimer: I do not actually gently caress kids

You know you're in a bad place in your life when you need to make this disclaimer.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pachakuti posted:

the character is a YA author and secretly runs childcare centers.

Even "better"

quote:

Influence: Through your Camarilla position you have huge influence over Pergida groups in Berlin and right-winger police in Mitte and Prenzlauer Berg. Personally you control a refugee centre for solitarily arrived children. Through a loyal ghoul you have access to the shelter at all times. This influence is unknown to others.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Just saw today that one of my distributors actually has Fragged Empire and the Protagonist Archive in stock. Ordered the poo poo outa that. Hell yeah.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

FMguru posted:

Swedracula is absolutely intent on recreating the oWoD as exactly what its most dismissive critics made it out to be in the 1990s, isn't he?
Yeah, but you can play Ed Kramer this time!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

S.J. posted:

Just saw today that one of my distributors actually has Fragged Empire and the Protagonist Archive in stock. Ordered the poo poo outa that. Hell yeah.

:yeah:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I came in to talk about how good the roll20 star wars plugin stuff is and then I see this and holy poo poo. Why.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I really can't wait to see Werewolf after the comments by Swede Dracula on them being Neo-Nazis.

WHAT. :manning:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

You have no idea how excited I am about this. I can use my Infinity minis for it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

In fact, I quote and poo poo you not, he said: "[...] the price of violent activism and the lure of heroic fascism in Werewolf [...]".

Source.

Lure. Of. Heroic. Fascism. In. Werewolf.

I already found Werewolf the most ridiculous of the WW games, but I guess you can always top yourself.

[edit]Also he talks about the "lost vulnerable souls on the brink in Changeling", a game that often features children as PCs. You know, the guy who has already displayed such amazing tact in his editorial work over this very same subject. Also note that Swedish Dracula re-released a story anthology edited by a condemned pedophile and kept the foreword and short written by the guy. This was the first published book by nuWW.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 29, 2017

• Locked thread