Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Artist's interpretation https://youtu.be/O1d7i3i0LLI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Goddamn. Can you imagine being a pregnant single mom who accidentally killed her husband and is in loving jail for it? Like they should just give her an SSRI drip freed.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Jerry Cotton posted:

I wouldn't call your posts a career.

Well that's two things i suck at, then...

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Nice piece of fish posted:

Not really OSHA, but the competition for internships in nuclear power has really gotten crazy.

tl;dr: Apparently, a power company tried hiring interns based on number of facebook likes of their bikini pictures. This backfired.

I don't know, they look tasteful enough and very OSHA, they deffo have hardhats on.

Is this how you got your job, Three-Phase?

I am under a NDA and cannot discuss that.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Hot_leaked_threephase_nudes_xxx.png

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bubblyblubber posted:

No hardhat. The union's gonna be pissed when he get's injured and the management lords that over his head.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Dance of the Combi Hammer Fairy

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Man that's the weirder area of Shutterstock.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Bubblyblubber posted:

:stare: More like, "Shuttershock"

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

cakesmith handyman posted:

I want to make a steel camel-toe joke but I'm afraid of the fallout

Something something, "Iron Curtains"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Mah laser sights ain't working!"

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Say Nothing posted:

"Mah laser sights ain't working!"

I was wondering if he just grazed himself until I saw how fast blood was coming out and spilling on the floor.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He almost got killed twice for real in this one. Either that or I don't know enough about electricity and he put on a good show. Note his gimmick is loving up and making it look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT3vGaOLWqE

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

oohhboy posted:

He almost got killed twice for real in this one. Either that or I don't know enough about electricity and he put on a good show. Note his gimmick is loving up and making it look good.

This guy is delightful
God drat this stupid bastard catching his jacob's sparkler. It's like my poor friend who had a big soldering iron and it tipped over so he caught it and ended up pretty much burning his palm off. Automatic reactions...

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 29, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm Commander Sagebrush and Electroboom is my favorite guy on YouTube

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Baronjutter posted:

This guy is delightful
God drat this stupid bastard catching his jacob's sparkler. It's like my poor friend who had a big soldering iron and it tipped over so he caught it and ended up pretty much burning his palm off. Automatic reactions...

He's a pro engineer. Spotting where he's going to put the explosions in his video's has been a hobby of mine for years.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
What a stupid fuckin' hobby.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Immediately thought of this thread when I saw this story on the news, though I'm not sure there's any explanation of why the guy was loving around with power lines.

Man electrocuted on power lines in SE Portland

"The intersection is closed to all traffic and there may be a power outage in the area"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What a stupid fuckin' hobby.

:shrug: Gotta' nuke something.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I think you mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRkgO02Uy5U

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
so what book did she put in front of his chest?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Three-Phase posted:

Man that's the weirder area of Shutterstock.

https://twitter.com/darkstockphotos/

There's even a thread relevant one:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

oohhboy posted:

Occasionally, when doing a really stupidly dangerous thing he breaks character and shows off some of his trickery. He'll usually have various safeties or even completely different circuits, or just fake shocks with some effects.

Dude knows his stuff.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

:pusheen:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

At first I thought 'nitric acid'. Then I sold my house to buy a playstation threeeeeeeeee~.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ammonium Hydroxide and Hydrogen Peroxide mixed in 1:1?

I think NH4OH gets a dead fish symbol...

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I'm really at a loss as to what that chemical could be.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

There's some exciting heavy metal fluorides that get you close but they usually have the Jolly Roger instead of a !.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Darwin Awards get better every year
I'm sure that'll be a great consolation to their 3YO

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

JFairfax posted:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

dis astranagant posted:

There's some exciting heavy metal fluorides that get you close but they usually have the Jolly Roger instead of a !.

I'm thinking it's some oxidizer metal yeah.

Not ammonium hydroxide I just checked the jug and no dead fish.

Edit: looked around and did find ethylenediamine with a jolly roger, flame, corrosive, and !.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 29, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm thinking it's some oxidizer metal yeah.

Not ammonium hydroxide I just checked the jug and no dead fish.

Edit: looked around and did find ethylenediamine with a jolly roger, flame, corrosive, and !.

Ammonium chromates are corrosive, dead fish, oxidizer, and jolly roger (and one of them has a couple extras for good measure).

Corrosive + ! is kinda rare since corrosive implies most of !s indicators and you're left with things that aren't acutely toxic enough for jolly roger or something that chronically fucks up a specific organ in a single exposure. Add in oxidizer and you usually get jolly roger from all the fun oxidation products.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jun 29, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

dis astranagant posted:

Ammonium chromates are corrosive, dead fish, oxidizer, and jolly roger (and one of them has a couple extras for good measure).

Corrosive + ! is kinda rare since corrosive implies most of !s indicators and you're left with things that aren't acutely toxic enough for jolly roger or something that chronically fucks up a specific organ in a single exposure. Add in oxidizer and you usually get jolly roger from all the fun oxidation products.

Corrosive doesn't cover inhalation hazard in particular. Just skin or metals. Like on HCl you get both because the fumes.

Ye olde jug of HF gets corrosive, jolly roger, and !! black lung... Oh dear.

Edit: actually I lied HF gets black lung instead since it's an inhalation hazard and wants to murder you.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 29, 2017

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Baronjutter posted:

This guy is delightful

I am pretty sure he fakes his accidents and in one video he even showed how.

Edit: I am not beaten, I am not beaten *turns into corncob*

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

Corrosive doesn't cover inhalation hazard in particular. Just skin or metals. Like on HCl you get both because the fumes.

Ye olde jug of HF gets corrosive, jolly roger, and !! black lung... Oh dear.

Edit: actually I lied HF gets black lung instead since it's an inhalation hazard and wants to murder you.

Found it. It's pool bleach and other hypochlorites.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

dis astranagant posted:

Meh I was hoping something more wild.

Speaking of: hot tub 'bleach' can blow up if you mix in the wrong pool chemical.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

Meh I was hoping something more wild.

Speaking of: hot tub 'bleach' can blow up if you mix in the wrong pool chemical.

The ! was really the giveaway since all the wild stuff will actually poison you without needing colossal doses. It's for things with grams per kg LD50s and respiratory exposures of don't huff this poo poo and you'll probably live.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jun 29, 2017

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

JFairfax posted:

"How to die like a loving idiot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

dis astranagant posted:

Well that explains the "Hey this kills fish, stupid" graphic. I wonder how many geniuses try to keep their fishtanks clean by pouring chlorine into it.