Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

St Evan Echoes posted:

So is it BCG or BCW??????

Black Canvas Grappling is a puro promotion in the default TEW database. He would have just added the default images for like random characters and poo poo like that and used the BCG image for his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yeah, it's the most garish / least amateurish of the default tileset and I didn't want to make my own.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

Yeah, it's the most garish / least amateurish of the default tileset and I didn't want to make my own.

I always use it for my developmental fed, it's a solid look.

Re-purposing all of the default images for newly generated workers makes the game a lot less bland later on as well.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Definitely. There a couple of solid "free pictures" databases / image packs out there

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Tye Dillinger won the IC title and then lost it to Sin Cara in his first defense. Seems about right.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Sooner or later I guess you run into the hidden heat mechanic that's randomly set for each worker. I'm building one of my brands around high card WWE refugees who have overness and talent in equal supply, and my other brand is newer guys and those who were good enough to get over but were never pushed. They have talent, but the top guys in division 2 are B- overness tops, whereas the top guys in division 1 are solidly in the A range.

My last PPV was a massive success, TV viewership jumped 2 points overnight. And everybody who got saddled with a story got overness boosts. Everybody, that is, except KENTA and Matt Riddle, who I'd planned as my cornerstones. They won hot storylines and are noticeably sluggish in their overness gains - they might actually be overtaken by upper card workers with weaker or no storyline emphasis. .Maybe there's a secret ingredient I'm missing.

Oh well, we're 3 months from our WM equivalent, so things could still turn around. I recently poached Dolph Ziggler (in the middle of an absurdly strong WWE push) to feed to KENTA, and NJPW's loaning me Naito to pair with my fresh-from-the-dojo monster heel. Turns out they have excellent chemistry.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

Sooner or later I guess you run into the hidden heat mechanic that's randomly set for each worker. I'm building one of my brands around high card WWE refugees who have overness and talent in equal supply, and my other brand is newer guys and those who were good enough to get over but were never pushed. They have talent, but the top guys in division 2 are B- overness tops, whereas the top guys in division 1 are solidly in the A range.

My last PPV was a massive success, TV viewership jumped 2 points overnight. And everybody who got saddled with a story got overness boosts. Everybody, that is, except KENTA and Matt Riddle, who I'd planned as my cornerstones. They won hot storylines and are noticeably sluggish in their overness gains - they might actually be overtaken by upper card workers with weaker or no storyline emphasis. .Maybe there's a secret ingredient I'm missing.

Oh well, we're 3 months from our WM equivalent, so things could still turn around. I recently poached Dolph Ziggler (in the middle of an absurdly strong WWE push) to feed to KENTA, and NJPW's loaning me Naito to pair with my fresh-from-the-dojo monster heel. Turns out they have excellent chemistry.

Hidden destiny rolls. Basically some guys are destined not to be megastars in your save and you're hitting the overness cap for them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Instead of canvas, the surface of the ring is a giant bearskin rug.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

quote:

Hello guys and gals, company mouthpiece Dave K here once again to bring you the score.

Customization is the beating heart of the Fire Pro Wrestling series. Today I’m going to talk about how we’ve overhauled Edit Mode and explain how to share your creation over the Steam Workshop.

[EDIT WRESTLER]

Newcomers may not notice the improvements but we’ve made the system more user-friendly. Now you can preview the wrestler from the front and back (as well as do a 360-turn around of individual parts). On top of 4 costumes per wrestler, you can now adjust the size of individual parts (head/torso/arm/hand/leg). But the biggest change is how layers are handled.

It’s easier to explain if we look at a real example with my favorite bruiser, “Suplex Hurricane” Max Bertrand. His shoe is broken up into 4 layers: The “body” of the shoe, the soles, the stripes and the laces. In previous Fire Pros, all these pieces would have been a single layer and adjusting the color a particular element was a matter of trial-and-error. Now you can easily edit the color of each layer AND there’s even a RGB color picker that allows you to copy/paste colors between layers.

The new system will give you greater freedom than ever before. If you need proof, look no further than “Sergeant” Steel Johnson’s camo pants. And if there’s a design element that’s sorely lacking, let us know!

[STEAM WORKSHOP]

Operating the Workshop is so simple you could do it trapped in a headlock. You can both upload and download items from within the Edit Mode menu.

When you upload an item, you’ll be able to include a description, revision notes and search tags. To download an item, simply subscribe to it and restart the application. Once subscribed to an item, any updates will be downloaded automatically. You can even use these edits as the base for your own creations!

I’d show you examples of our test uploads, but the testers aren’t pro CAW creators. That’s why I’m counting on you—yes, you reading this!—to help populate the Workshop with the champions of tomorrow, today. (OK, technically the game doesn’t launch until July 10, but you know what I mean.)

Until next time, stay strong.

-Dave K

https://fireproworld.com/2017/06/27/dev-blog-2-edit-mode-workshop/

And the director confirmed on Twitter that roster size for CAW is only limited by hard drive space. There's no hard limit.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:psyduck: Subscribe and reboot the application to download a CAW. Clunky as hell.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

oldskool posted:

:psyduck: Subscribe and reboot the application to download a CAW. Clunky as hell.

Well, you can look through Workshop without being in game, too.

Rebooting is a bit annoying but I can live with that.

e: tabletop simulator can pull new things without rebooting, so I don't know why fpww can't but :shrug:

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 28, 2017

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

oldskool posted:

Since it's steam workshop you should be able to browse it from steam itself and not the fire pro game itself so it's not THAT bad.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Clunkiness aside, "subscribing" to a CAW is pretty great, if it really works the way it sounds (dynamically updating the CAW as the original creator makes new edits).

Call Me Charlie posted:

And the director confirmed on Twitter that roster size for CAW is only limited by hard drive space. There's no hard limit.
:vince:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
There's gonna be some really nifty poo poo made for Steam Fire Pro.

There's also gonna be some really horrific poo poo made as well but thems the breaks.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Can't wait for it to drop on PS4.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Wonder if it's possible to import things from outside the game.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jack Anderson posted:

Wonder if it's possible to import things from outside the game.

Yeah, like are we going to be able to import our own textures for CAW? Or something to let us make say... CM Punk's Pepsi/Cobra tattoos?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Minidust posted:

Clunkiness aside, "subscribing" to a CAW is pretty great, if it really works the way it sounds (dynamically updating the CAW as the original creator makes new edits).
:vince:

You'll get updates when the author updates it in Steam Workshop.

No clue how well Workshop works when you have hundreds if not thousands of wrestlers and other items like I'm sure some people will manage, but we'll see I suppose! Hopefully someone figures out how to package a whole bunch into one file, so you can just subscribe to a WWE pack.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

spongeh posted:

You'll get updates when the author updates it in Steam Workshop.

No clue how well Workshop works when you have hundreds if not thousands of wrestlers and other items like I'm sure some people will manage, but we'll see I suppose! Hopefully someone figures out how to package a whole bunch into one file, so you can just subscribe to a WWE pack.
Pretty sure you can subscribe to a mod author's entire body of work.

won't take a hell of a lot to cobble together a better system than 2K's, at least

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Basic Chunnel posted:

Pretty sure you can subscribe to a mod author's entire body of work.

won't take a hell of a lot to cobble together a better system than 2K's, at least

It sounds like you can only subscribe by the individual wrestler. No packs or any way to subscribe to a mod author's entire body of work with a single click. But, in theory, a mod author should be able to tag his creations with whatever tags he wants. So if xXxStOnEcOLDxXx creates an entire 1997 WWF roster, he should be able to tag those creations with '1997 WWF' or his name or the wrestler's name or any other related keyword he can think of.

I'm also curious to see how user-created rings/belts are going to be handled. Will they be available through the same Steam Workshop section?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Testekill posted:

Hidden destiny rolls. Basically some guys are destined not to be megastars in your save and you're hitting the overness cap for them.

You can actually figure out the destiny rolls of younger workers based on the scouting report under 'hot prospects'

This thread on the official forums goes into detail:
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525815

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
That feeling when you've just started a huge angle you intend to last months, in which Adam Cole and Tyler Black turned heel and started a stable of young guys who they're going to teach "the right way" to wrestle and then this happens on a random show

RIP

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Marquis de Pyro posted:

That feeling when you've just started a huge angle you intend to last months, in which Adam Cole and Tyler Black turned heel and started a stable of young guys who they're going to teach "the right way" to wrestle and then this happens on a random show

RIP

tell him to walk it off

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

RIP

Still not as bad as Stevie Richards getting a brain tumour in a match with Shane McMahon in my ECW game

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

C. Everett Koop posted:

tell him to walk it off

I do think it's funny that this wasn't an injury that caused them to go home early or change the finish to the match

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Testekill posted:

Still not as bad as Stevie Richards getting a brain tumour in a match with Shane McMahon in my ECW game

Is Shane really so bad of a worker

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Testekill posted:

Brain Tumor is the worst I've heard for sure. I did have Adam Cole miss a year earlier in this save when he got stomach cancer from a Naito botch

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I assume it's possible for a worker to die from a particular bad botch in a particularly dangerous match?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Testekill posted:

I'm just picturing Calculon.
"That was so bad I think you gave me cancer"

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I assume it's possible for a worker to die from a particular bad botch in a particularly dangerous match?

I don't think so. I think the worst you'll get is someone retiring if their hp for their body parts drop below a certain percentage. Wrestlers tend to die either randomly or due to age/lifestyle.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
As an added bonus Henry Manchester has huge heat with the entire lockerroom now and my backstage is at 60%. Apparently crippling one of the beloved stars of the company with a botch isn't a move that engenders sympathy from your colleagues :argh:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

In completely expected news, Kurt Angle is the carrot for WWE2K18 preorders / DLC fodder a few months out from launch. Suggests that like last year, showcase mode is out.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

RIP

Tyler back

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Is this a new move?

https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/880639708195418114

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I think that one's already in the game

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Already in R, I think as the Gory Bomb or something similar.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

These dirtsheets need to mind their business

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
It's annoying to me that if I want to hire female workers in my company, I have to open an entire female division, since that's closer to my "product" than integrating. Which, I guess sort of makes sense from a "content" standpoint, but from the perspective of me writin' dem checks, it'd be nice if I could hire one or two wrestlers instead of a dozen.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'm kind of disappointed how, over the long game, so many of the AI bookers are so bad that they can't meet very lax TV broadcast standards and end up getting shuffled to worse and worse timeslots. I've never dropped to below a grade and a half above the minimum. It could just be that the AI booker stats are set to be really bad, or there's just no way to program the bots such that they don't bog down their cards in low-rated guys and dilute the shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm kind of disappointed how, over the long game, so many of the AI bookers are so bad that they can't meet very lax TV broadcast standards and end up getting shuffled to worse and worse timeslots. I've never dropped to below a grade and a half above the minimum. It could just be that the AI booker stats are set to be really bad, or there's just no way to program the bots such that they don't bog down their cards in low-rated guys and dilute the shows.

The biggest issue I have is that WWE seems to make zero effort to keep stars. Early on they were way more aggressive than in past versions at signing indy talent, which made the early game a lot harder and was a nice improvement.

But once myself and, funnily enough, TNA reached a level where we could sort of compete with them, Vince just threw in the towel and let WWE crumble into poo poo.

Now we're to the point where Patrick Clark vs Tyler Bate main events Summerslam with the biggest names on the undercard being Alexa Bliss and Mahabali Shera. Also, the AI promotions make zero attempts to sign young workers so unless I force myself not to do so it's way too easy to snap up all the interesting young talent.

I don't really care TOO much, since in the long run what's interesting to me is just building up young talent and trying to put on the best possible shows, more than "competing" with the AI, but that said it would make the game a lot more realistic if there was any company at least attempting to compete with me.