Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Turmoilx posted:

also this clown chase happened in a battle today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtxrNxPCCXo

This is gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

This is proclick, no matter how foolish Turmoil's quest to reach the lofty heights of the top ten in ranked may be.

hey i was rank 8 yesterday also my sleep pattern is jacked up so bad im now sleeping through ranked so thats why i couldnt move up even higher than rank 8 atm im preferring to sleep through it so eh top 100 i guess LUL

also i got the tier 9 struv its pretty cool but the tier 8 was better (still stock tier 9 though so not sure but tier 8 was faster and smaller though they have the same camo so thats weird but tier 9 also has armor which i bounced a t95 shell and 2 m103 shells the first battle in it , that was awesome)

im gonna sleep now..maybe ill get lucky and play some ranked in a few hrs because uh game is like drugs or something.. right hand?

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 26, 2017

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Turmoilx posted:

hey i was rank 8 yesterday also my sleep pattern is jacked up so bad im now sleeping through ranked so thats why i couldnt move up even higher than rank 8 atm im preferring to sleep through it so eh top 100 i guess LUL

also i got the tier 9 struv its pretty cool but the tier 8 was better (still stock tier 9 though so not sure but tier 8 was faster and smaller though they have the same camo so thats weird but tier 9 also has armor which i bounced a t95 shell and 2 m103 shells the first battle in it , that was awesome)

im gonna sleep now..maybe ill get lucky and play some ranked in a few hrs because uh game is like drugs or something.. right hand?

You should be able to bounce the m103 all day unless they know where to aim. The T95 must have been using the small gun or some kind of weird autobounce crap as a 155 should overmatch every time. Note: The Udes can't even bounce a Pershing round. It is obviously the Swedes were supposed to rely on changes to the overmatch mechanics which were scrapped when they found it made things like the IS-3 invulnerable to everything.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Atomizer posted:

It's not my nickname of choice, but to be fair many other players may not know what we mean by "Jagzilla" or "Rhoomba" either.

What the gently caress is the Jagzilla? The Jagdtiger? Or -88?

I've heard Jingles call the Type 5 the "Gojira" in his most broken fake Japanese accent, but Jagzilla is now to me in here.

Rhoomba makes sense, because it's a loving floor vac with a gun, so you add in the "h" and have a witty portmaneau. Same with Vindalowe, even though it apparently never really caught on. (And it took me forever to figure it out, because I'd never heard of vindaloo.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Jagzilla is the JPE100
Death Star is the 183, but that one doesn't get used as much, I find.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Turmoilx posted:

The 103-0 is the first one where you can start to go aggressive and can stand invulnerable to a set of tanks not firing 120mm or greater guns unless they are firing HEAT or HE. You also get more speed while deployed so you can play ridges and hills to poke and fire.

The 103b is incredible, even more so once you figure out how to bully with it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Hellsau posted:

Stage 1 end: 10% cutoff at 1200th place, 4 points, 69.23%
Stage 2 start: 10% cutoff at 280th place
Stage 2 end: 10% cutoff at 880th place, 9 points, 67.78%
Stage 3 start: 10% cutoff at 177th place, 14 points 69.92%
Stage 3 end: 10% cutoff at 403rd place, 17 points, 72.03%

Stage 4 start: 10% cutoff at 137th place, 22 points, 66.67%

My numbers were close enough to correct. Top 25% ends at #341 (18 points 63.32%) and top 50% ends at #681 (15 points, 54.18%) so that's close enough. There are 1362 players with 12 or more points on the NA server. There's going to be very few people with an OP equipment on the NA server, and there's a whole lotta people who are just locked out of the leagues on the leaderboard.

The worst 12 pointer is a coinflipper that has 455 battles in Ranked and a 40.88% chev/battle ratio. They've got a 49.45% winrate in Ranked so they might just be botting ranked mode. I have 221 battles in Ranked and a 66.06% chev/battle ratio, and I have 20 rank points. Turmoil has 524 battles, 36 rank points with a 59.54% chev/battle ratio. It's kind of absurd that I have half the battles of this dude and 2/3rds more rank points, and Turmoil has three times the number of rank points with only an 1/8th more battles. Gotta fail your way upwards any way you can I guess.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

My numbers were close enough to correct. Top 25% ends at #341 (18 points 63.32%) and top 50% ends at #681 (15 points, 54.18%) so that's close enough. There are 1362 players with 12 or more points on the NA server. There's going to be very few people with an OP equipment on the NA server, and there's a whole lotta people who are just locked out of the leagues on the leaderboard.

The worst 12 pointer is a coinflipper that has 455 battles in Ranked and a 40.88% chev/battle ratio. They've got a 49.45% winrate in Ranked so they might just be botting ranked mode. I have 221 battles in Ranked and a 66.06% chev/battle ratio, and I have 20 rank points. Turmoil has 524 battles, 36 rank points with a 59.54% chev/battle ratio. It's kind of absurd that I have half the battles of this dude and 2/3rds more rank points, and Turmoil has three times the number of rank points with only an 1/8th more battles. Gotta fail your way upwards any way you can I guess.

Unless major changes are made to the format, I doubt I'll do ranked again. Too much time, too much effort.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

HFX posted:

Unless major changes are made to the format, I doubt I'll do ranked again. Too much time, too much effort.

Don't worry, you'll soon be able to build up a collection of the special equipment by buying the OPPotM's "Ultra Mega Deluxe Supreme with Guacamole" package, because if there's one kind of player Wargaming wants to honor above all others, it's those with disposable income and very poor judgment.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Don't worry, you'll soon be able to build up a collection of the special equipment by buying the OPPotM's "Ultra Mega Deluxe Supreme with Guacamole" package, because if there's one kind of player Wargaming wants to honor above all others, it's those with disposable income and very poor judgment.

I have said this is a way to backdoor Rubicon into the game. I did look into pubg, but it looks like I really need to get a new video card because of how poorly it runs. Unfortunately, other people with poor judgement have put the nvidia cards into the stratosphere.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Welp rank 4, 3/7 chevs towards rank 5, and in the top 10%. I hate the playerbase so much. Every loving time I lose a chevron it's because I assume my teammates want to win and/or shoot tanks and I'm just proven wrong. Or I get into a position and fail to pen unangled Maus turret cheeks while they pen my angled turret, because I'm aiming my shots and the enemies are deliberately moving back and forth to get more bloom because #snapshotmeta. Christ.

BTW T-34-85M Marathon from July 14-August 1st. So if you're done grinding Ranked, how about grinding lovely missions for a pretty good tier 6?

HFX posted:

I have said this is a way to backdoor Rubicon into the game. I did look into pubg, but it looks like I really need to get a new video card because of how poorly it runs. Unfortunately, other people with poor judgement have put the nvidia cards into the stratosphere.

I have a 1070 and PUBG looks and plays like poo poo. It's just an unoptimized early access game. Kind of fun if you don't give a poo poo, but the time between rounds is really irritating when you can just die in a random lucky shot from a dude who just turned and sprayed with a pistol and happened to headshot you.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 27, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The amazing thing is, they already have a means by which they could save money - give clan commanders the ability to accept land holding payments in gold or bonds which they can parcel out to their members. They seem to have conveniently forgotten Strongholds are a thing, too.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The amazing thing is, they already have a means by which they could save money - give clan commanders the ability to accept land holding payments in gold or bonds which they can parcel out to their members. They seem to have conveniently forgotten Strongholds are a thing, too.

They're actually disabling tier ten strongholds soon and the tier ten advances will switch to 10v10, lol NA server.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Gentlemen, behold

It's...

It's beautiful.

just quoting this to cheer myself up

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

HFX posted:

You should be able to bounce the m103 all day unless they know where to aim. The T95 must have been using the small gun or some kind of weird autobounce crap as a 155 should overmatch every time. Note: The Udes can't even bounce a Pershing round. It is obviously the Swedes were supposed to rely on changes to the overmatch mechanics which were scrapped when they found it made things like the IS-3 invulnerable to everything.

yeah t95 was using big gun. found a guy with 85k battles when i checked his stats after his questionable movements in his 183, 13k games in the t40.. http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/mike_the_gamer/1001268700/

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 27, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
If you already have the T-34-85M and are dumb enough to do the marathon missions for it, do you get gold or credits?

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Barry posted:

If you already have the T-34-85M and are dumb enough to do the marathon missions for it, do you get gold or credits?

Should be the equivalent in gold. Depending on the mission it might be worth it?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Reminder, fv 4005

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

got the upgraded engine on tier 9 struv and it can do wheelies now new fun thing to do while camping now ill never be ready for a shot at the enemy if i find a ridge to camp on..only a matter of time before i end up upside down :smuggo: sand river here i come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQysOp66aRg

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 27, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Stage 1 end: 10% cutoff at 1200th place, 4 points, 69.23%
Stage 2 start: 10% cutoff at 280th place
Stage 2 end: 10% cutoff at 880th place, 9 points, 67.78%
Stage 3 start: 10% cutoff at 177th place, 14 points 69.92%
Stage 3 end: 10% cutoff at 403rd place, 17 points, 72.03%

Currently top 10% ends at #198, 24 points with 63.67%. That means the top 10% has opened up 61 spots in two days, meaning there have been 610 or so new people getting up to 12 points and entering the leaderboard. Additionally, the 25 pointers start from #156 and end at #184, and the 24 pointers end at #228, and the 23 pointers end at #274. It's unlikely that too many people are going to wrack up large numbers of points and jump ahead really high in the point rankings, especially with the ridiculous queue times. I assume that people will continue to enter the leaderboard at a reasonable rate - if the queue times at lower ranks starts being as bad as they are at higher ranks then we're all hosed.

Predictions for what you need to be top 10%:
Top 10% cutoff will end at 275th place
26 points will be ~90% safe, depending on your tiebreaker - 100% tiebreaker should be 90% safe, 0% tiebreaker probably closer to 80% safe
27 points will be 99% safe at any tiebreaker, with that 10% being if something extremely odd happens like low rank matchmaking simply failing while high rank matchmaking speeds up, so that the rich get richer AND the people with high points continue to play
28 points will be locked for top 10% barring Wargaming shenanigans (mass bannings, free rank point giveaways, unannounced leaderboard cutoff changes, etc)

e: 25 points may get in if lots of high rank people stop gaining ranks, and lots of low rank people keep getting ranks and entering the leaderboard - this could happen if, for example, people get tired of 2+ minute queue times and just do something else instead of getting additional rank points when they already have more than 20. There's a chance the top 10% just expands and people stop racking up additional points and the 10% encompasses some 23 pointers or whatever.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 28, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just got LT-15-3! :woop:

All it took was 4.2k of my own damage and 2.9k from shooting tracks/spotting.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

I just got LT-15-3! :woop:

All it took was 4.2k of my own damage and 2.9k from shooting tracks/spotting.

I had 6800 combined when I got TKed trying to get honors on LT-15-4. It felt pretty bad!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Just got back in after three weeks out. Did ranked bleed down to the masses? I swear I've seen so much what the gently caress and holy poo poo moments tonight
Kv-1S with the derp is a pretty fun tank

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

Just got back in after three weeks out. Did ranked bleed down to the masses? I swear I've seen so much what the gently caress and holy poo poo moments tonight
Kv-1S with the derp is a pretty fun tank

Average to goods are playing ranked. After playing ranked for x hours, they get tired of tanks and do not want to keep playing. Add in summer players and newbies, and yes the basic game is bad right now.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

HFX posted:

Average to goods are playing ranked. After playing ranked for x hours, they get tired of tanks and do not want to keep playing. Add in summer players and newbies, and yes the basic game is bad right now.

Yeah, I generally just play 4-6 games on Monday to get to rank 2, so I can keep my supply of directives full with the 200 bonds I get each week. Otherwise, the weekly rewards are too low and the season-long rewards are way too exclusive.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

HFX posted:

Whenever I get in a tier 10 match in a tier 8 (which is basically every time) it is almost guaranteed that the 3 top tiers are all baddies.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Maus losing some DPM and HP in supertest

Hit Points: 3200 ⟶ 3000

Reload Time: 12 sec. ⟶ 13.3 sec.

Rate of Fire: 5.214 ⟶ 4.705

DPM: 2,555 ⟶ 2305.3

and the bottom of the hull now gets 50mm armour instead of 250mm

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

250mm hull floor armor on the Maus might be why it takes so little damage from the shittier artilleries, it's gonna take a LOT more from splashes now. Also the damage output will still be pretty good and going back to 3000 HP is only a problem because of artillery.

The Maus is really stupid right now.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
So to kick off a couple that weren't worth their own posts:

This rockstar was calling everyone arseholes when I checked the results screen they had done zero damage. Now maybe this is a Wargaming bug :shrug:.

Mom joke goes wrong/right?

There aren't words.

Then this legend

Kick off with threats and being obnoxious during the match. Turns out it was the match I got mastery in.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3675901#malinovka-herrcartoon-vk_28_01

When called on it (The missing first line is me pointing out that I got mastery spotters etc. and carried his fat arse to a win), doubles down with the good old 'get on my level' stat burn. :supaburn:

:jerkbag:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Some absolutely brutal packet loss on NA East tonight. I think I'm done with ranked.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

McGavin posted:

Some absolutely brutal packet loss on NA East tonight. I think I'm done with ranked.

thought i was the only one also some pubbie said "loving trailer trash nut hugging heavies" lol they come up with the most interesting stuff

AND clan chat is broken it wont send my stuff

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 29, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Everything is loving broken. Wargaming is a trash company run by mongoloids.

I want to play their game, but it's like they are doing everything in their power to make me quit.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

I had a major lag spike during the hour I played ranked, and then a bunch of rounds of PUBG I was basically useless for a long time from the lag. Probably something major going on on the east coast. #BlameTelia. Also you're pretty much out of the running for any of the big bond bonuses at 14 points, unless you want to get up to rank 4 this stage for the credit boosters. Ranked really isn't worth the stress though.

Turmoilx posted:

AND clan chat is broken it wont send my stuff

That's a long standing bug, you need to relog. Nothing else will fix it. It's been in the game since....2013? Never been fixed, never even been publicly identified as a bug by Wargaming.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

I had a major lag spike during the hour I played ranked, and then a bunch of rounds of PUBG I was basically useless for a long time from the lag. Probably something major going on on the east coast. #BlameTelia. Also you're pretty much out of the running for any of the big bond bonuses at 14 points, unless you want to get up to rank 4 this stage for the credit boosters. Ranked really isn't worth the stress though.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to do well in ranked when half the time is up before you get home from work and you're fighting teleporting tanks. West coast players got shafted hard.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Yeah, it's kinda hard to do well in ranked when half the time is up before you get home from work and you're fighting teleporting tanks. West coast players got shafted hard.

To be fair they got shafted even harder first stage, so at least WGA listened a bit. Of course it was loving stupid having the poo poo be from 5-8 west coast, given that they themselves are based in the west coast and should probably recognize exactly how much that fucks most people with a job or commute over, but whatever.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Well, watched a KV-2 bitch out the team because "No one supported me". For clarification this guy sat in an open field on Fisherman's Bay and let a T-29 he couldn't see tear him apart one shot at a time. He had a MoE too, which I guess comes down to dumb luck if this is how he normally plays.
We ended up losing because the West side camped and sent one tank at a time into the abyss of unspotted tanks to be torn apart

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

Wait, now East is unplayable?! I've generally been able to play on either cluster, being in the Midwest, but recently West has been laggy as gently caress for me. If East is also bad...uh...I don't really have any options left! Welp!

McGavin posted:

I want to play their game, but it's like they are doing everything in their power to make me quit.

They always come back....

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

McGavin posted:

Their first quality of life improvement. :3:

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Atomizer posted:

Wait, now East is unplayable?! I've generally been able to play on either cluster, being in the Midwest, but recently West has been laggy as gently caress for me. If East is also bad...uh...I don't really have any options left! Welp!

They always come back....

These was higher than normal packet loss on East. Imagine clicking a tanks week spot only to have the shell leave moments later causing you to miss the entire tank.

West has been broken since they first had that problem where everything was lagging all the time. I use to be able to play on west better than east because at least there wasn't major packet loss.

I generally get 20-30ms of ping to east, and 90-100ms of ping to west. For the type of game WoT is, I consider both to be playable as long as there is no packet loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

HFX posted:

I generally get 20-30ms of ping to east, and 90-100ms of ping to west. For the type of game WoT is, I consider both to be playable as long as there is no packet loss.

Same but with the pings reversed.