Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Definitely give it a spin if you've got Ashe too, I have her, Rapha, and Marach's BSBs and anything weak to lightning melts hilariously fast.

Plus Ashe's LM2 is doublecast lightning abilities :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Think I'm gonna save this D300 Torment until after July 4th. I can take him to his weak phase surprisingly easily, but don't have near enough firepower to push through it. I have a couple of things I could do to make it more possible, but they involve making the first part much more difficult or removing the CM team. And I need those spirit motes.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

This Seph fight is absolutely stupid

I thought there was a multiplayer?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I can get him down to like half health before failing. Looks like I will need lots of last stands. Don't know if I can beat this fight. My own sephiroth can do a crapton of damage and probably kill him almost by himself, but the problem is keeping my guys alive.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I'm definitely playing this game wrong but if a fight is too frustrating or takes more than 10 minutes I just skip it it seems unhealthy to be that invested in a phone game that's fifty percent a slot machine

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i do very much like when i put the blue crystals in and rainbow orbs shoot out, though

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Beasteh posted:

This Seph fight is absolutely stupid

I thought there was a multiplayer?

If I recall correctly a little later on in the Fest there will be an MP version of it as well, possibly around the same time the Nemesis MP drops.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
2/11 on banner 3

Raijin's ssb and bsb.

I think I'm being told something.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I don't natively have wall or a stacking debuff person (best options being Pentabreak Barrett, Mag/Res Fujin, and I guess some of my Thief Bursts have Mug Commands). I feel absolutely poo poo out of luck in this Sephiroth fight.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Dollar pull got Lightning's USB! Woopwoop!

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Did two pulls on P3. 2/22 dupe Saintly Ex and TGCid SSB.

150 mythril used this fest for a dupe and 3 SSBs. I guess I'll still pull once on P4 but this fest is not my friend.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

NGDBSS posted:

Powerchain is nice to have for certain combos, but as a tool for Orlandeau OSB it's only useful for the first shot. (Beyond that you get Thunder God mode for 25 seconds which gives you 3x cast speed, and if you're using Orlandeau OSB once you're probably looking to chain it.)

Thanks for posting this, it's really helpful. I think I'll do Multi-Break right now even though Tyro is the only one who can use it. I've got three pulls lined up for Banner #5 so with a little luck I'll get SG to go with his BSB and he'll be a staple in my party anyway. Then I'll have to figure out what to stick in Orlandeau's second slot.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Orlandeau tends to either hold the medal condition in my second slot, or Gaia Cross, or Hailstorm for more damage.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Gotta say, not a fan of locking 5* motes behind super difficult, limited time events. The torment dungeons at least return (assuming jump start torments return), but ridiculous Sephiroth battle is pushing it for such a limited resource that can have such a major impact on gameplay. If it at least returned every now and then, that'd be different.

I think I have the tools to pull it off, but I either need to have RW wall for the first part of battle or something more significant on damage for the latter part. So far, switching to the other has made the other part of the battle too deadly.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Pulled to shore up my lacking lightning damage, and I suppose this'll do. Durandal isn't the hottest thing, but Raijin is going to do some goddamn work with a Cloud USB RW, and my native Chant, Eiko BSB, etc. :black101:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So Cloud's game-breaking USB is coming not long after the current fest right?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

So Cloud's game-breaking USB is coming not long after the current fest right?

July 4th.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

KataraniSword posted:

So once again: has anyone beaten the D300 without Cloud/Luneth OSB or Native Wall? I figure you can miss out on one or the other, but lacking both means gently caress you in particular.

I did it without either but with two sources of magic blink (keepers tome and renewing rains).

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
And doesn't the Sephiroth fight go away before Cloud USB comes out as well?

Also, I think my problem is just not enough breaks. And after experimenting with Radiant Shield shenanigans, I just don't think I have enough of the *right* SBs to get through it. Like, I can get most everything I need into the strat except a hastega, which I'd really rather not go without.

So, I think I'm going to try honing up more stuff (Full Break to R3) and replace my bigger damage dealer with Locke. I can put Steal Power on him, and his BSB will let me Mug ATK/MAG too, and hopefully by the end he'll be able to just slam his not-great OSB into a hopefully triple imperiled Sephiroth and pray for the best. No other better supports, so OK will have to carry FB and MBD. Hopefully 3x breaks on each of ATK and MAG will be enough to not just keel over instantly.

I would have to RW Wall, unless I go for Radiant in which case I should RW Eiko USB probably, but if I can stack enough breakdowns would it be possible to survive (without wall) with RW Setzer?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Pander posted:

$1 5* - Raijin SSB.

Ehhhhh.

Not a dupe, but not super exciting given my already-rich FFVIII synergy. I don't really know if I'd ever slot him in just for that unless I REALLY needed last stand.

Aura is amazingly good - Last Stand + Instant Cast is a fantastic buff to spread around, especially for Jump Starts. Raijin doesn't have much actual utility in his skillset, but sometimes you just need a guy to keep everyone alive and to get lots of actions off.

Also finally got D300 CM down without using Wall. It was a matter of making the right sequence of moves and praying that he didn't use Flare and Megaflare too much. I'll probably put up my team later if people want it, but really the fight is all about blitzing, especially since he can Megaflare starting from turn 3, so there's really no reason to ease up on the gas. He's basically a much tougher Ifrit.

I'll tackle Sephiroth... later.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Sephiroth doesn't gently caress around yikes. Gotta have a medica and defense buffs queued up for every dispel

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Still having trouble with the 220 MP Fiend, whenever I take Tyro/Y'shtola for survivability my team doesn't have enough damage, when I take DPS we never have enough survivability! :negative:

At least I beat Chadarnook, I haven't even attempted Sephiroth or the Torment dungeon.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
And boom goes the dynamite.

Feel a little cheated out of the killshot since he just kind of explodes instead of fades, but whatever.

Team was:
Alphinaud <Deployment Tactics> Curaga/Meltdown (never used Meltdown, though)
Rikku <Master Thief> Mug Bloodlust/Exhausting Polka
Faris <Phantom> Full Break/Magic Breakdown
Rosa <Benediction> Protectga/Ultra Cure
Relm <Star Prism> Shellga/Curaja
RW Eiko USB

The strategy here was to pop Deployment Tactics and let Sephiroth kill himself. Just needed to keep his damage managed with debuffs and extra heals. Didn't master it since he used Octoslash of Despair more than 10 times. Could have gotten past that if I gave up some debuffs for burst potential, but really didn't care enough for those bravery motes.

If you go this route and use a healer USB, just be sure to keep someone ready to pop it whenever you get close to his debuff points. Always having Last Stand up is also a great idea in case he decides to pick on one person. Once he gets to his final phase of Octoslashing nonstop, that's actually the easiest part with two healers since they get SB gauge like crazy and the damage of the attack isn't all that bad, just constant. It works against him with damage reflection up.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Sephiroth doesn't gently caress around yikes. Gotta have a medica and defense buffs queued up for every dispel

Eiko's USB is a great RW for getting back on your feet after one of his dispels.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Also beat the fucker:

On the first time, even. I thought Sephiroth was supposed to be hard. :smug:

Alphinaud for his SSB, for Radiant Shield.
Setzer and Irvine BSB's for debuffs.
Selphie and Relm USB's for heals.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
After banging my head against D300 Bahamut for several hours, Sephiroth was honestly a cakewalk.

Copious amount of Breaks to weaken him, Tyro has Keeper's Tome and Wrath to replenish it, and natural access to Deployment Tactics. Eiko has her USB, and I RWed it as well to give an early Haste and another source of Last Stand. Also pulled out Yuffie's USB for the first time in a real fight - aside from adding yet another debuff, it's also instant, and provides a backup heal. Even got the kill with it, too.

All the debuffs possible really. Quadruple debuffs on ATK, MAG and DEF.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jun 29, 2017

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

I've seen some strats to double OSB Sephiroth's health from 80%-40% so you only have to experience one dispel. I haven't heard of anyone using a blink to block the dispel, but I also can't find any information to say it isn't possible. It's coded NAT, so it should be blockable by either type of blink, right?

I'm lacking in enough gear to double 99,999 my OSBs, but I'm drat close. If I can fit a blink and block the dispel, my follow up OSBs will do the job.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

I can confirm you cannot Mblink the dispel at least.

This is a rough fight.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Never mind I got him with mastery. After the lovely P3 pulls that felt pretty good.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

4/22 on this banner - Ashe OSB, Ashe BSB (dupe), Lightning BSB 2 and Orlandeau BSB. I have his OSB so the proper usage is OSB>BSB>CMD1 spam, with the occasional CMD2 to heal? Or is it just OSB's until dead?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I went 5/22 on this banner. 4 Dupes. 3 of those were Chaos Blades.

But I got Orlandu's OSB! :woop:

(Oh god why do I have so much stuff for FFT...)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I want frightening lightning, but that and Rapha's BSB are the only things that wouldn't be dupes. Do chain breaks make more appearances? They're so rare.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
No seriously when are we getting 5* Spirit motes? This is loving stupid.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Stirdog posted:

I haven't heard of anyone using a blink to block the dispel, but I also can't find any information to say it isn't possible. It's coded NAT, so it should be blockable by either type of blink, right?

The only time you can blink a Dispel is when it is paired with damage on the same action. If the dispel comes by itself, like Sephiroth's does, you can't prevent it from hitting you.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The only Radiant Shield effect I have native is Seifer's BSB. Is that worth trying to use on Sephiroth or should I just RW Deployment Tactics?

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Zurai posted:

The only time you can blink a Dispel is when it is paired with damage on the same action. If the dispel comes by itself, like Sephiroth's does, you can't prevent it from hitting you.

drat...

When do we get the dispel shield SB effect?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Bell_ posted:

I want frightening lightning, but that and Rapha's BSB are the only things that wouldn't be dupes. Do chain breaks make more appearances? They're so rare.

There's one for each element and that's pretty much it

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Elephant Ambush posted:

The only Radiant Shield effect I have native is Seifer's BSB. Is that worth trying to use on Sephiroth or should I just RW Deployment Tactics?

Seifer BSB is only a personal Radiant Shield, not a party Radiant Shield. It's also weird and is gradient on how many times he uses CMD1.

I love Seifer BSB, but I don't think its useful for this fight.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

bilperkins2 posted:

4/22 on this banner - Ashe OSB, Ashe BSB (dupe), Lightning BSB 2 and Orlandeau BSB. I have his OSB so the proper usage is OSB>BSB>CMD1 spam, with the occasional CMD2 to heal? Or is it just OSB's until dead?

I do both, depending on the situation. If the boss is almost dead, or lightning weak, I'll spam his OSB, but if I need more sustained damage or to add an attack debuff to help mitigate damage, I'll use his BSB. Assuming you have two SB charges, of course. The OSB always takes precedence for me otherwise, the BSB isn't nearly as useful without Thunder God mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

This poo poo was outrageously hard.

Also, Refia, queen of punching, gives no fucks about your fire resist. 25-30k damage a round!

• Locked thread