Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wow, that sure is an unnecessary DVA nerf. Her damage was already garbage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

p-hop posted:

I use the stylized Varian with all the ?s around his head on 99% of my loadouts. Whenever someone on either team does something idiotic you can drop it on the ground. Murky led you directly to his egg? Spray. Enemy hero walked into the death zone of your base on spooky cannon towers? Spray. Guy just keeps trying to activate/collect the objective while you beat on him and cancel his channeling every time? Spray.

I get way more mileage out of it than anything else, for sure.

Yeah I use that one on pretty much all mine as well.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I use the stylized one that's Li Li doing the Kermit-sipping-tea image, that suits all my needs.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lol they nerfed nitros. I will die on the hill that it wasn't best in tier already

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Lol they nerfed nitros. I will die on the hill that it wasn't best in tier already

I always took Rush-Down over it because the game is very liberal about when you "exit" combat

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Oh man they did it, they made brightwing's E not garbo

Yeah I mostly used e to keep up with mounted teammates, or to sometimes help someone chase or run away. Glad to see it's gonna be more useful.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

People were mad about D.va's damage output because she's already an amazing tank who can control fights very easily with her "stop dealing damage" flashlight.

Also the fact that she effectively has two healthbars, which is a big smelly deal for several reasons.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yeah you should really start CPR with chest compressions. Rescue breaths aren't even necessary 90% of the time!

e: Reddit justifies its existence once more:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Wow, that hit to Nitrous basically ends any discussion over which is better for D.Va.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I always took Rush-Down over it because the game is very liberal about when you "exit" combat

The talent does specify don't take or deal damage during the boost.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Patch just went out for a new loading screen.

It's loving great.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Best patch ever.

Make sure you wait to craft anything until the end of the event to make sure you avoid doubles.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Power Bottom posted:

Patch just went out for a new loading screen.

It's loving great.

I'm gonna miss the skeleton in the lower left screaming LOADING

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Tender Bender posted:

I use the stylized one that's Li Li doing the Kermit-sipping-tea image, that suits all my needs.
The most correct option.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

you guys are forgetting about hunky tychus and sunglasses li ming

the gently caress is wrong with you all

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Today I realised Nazeebo can cancel his Zombie Wall. :aaaaa:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

MMAgCh posted:

How long have you been Nazeeboing without that knowledge?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MMAgCh posted:

There's the reason it's front and center on any list of Nazeebo tips. In bold. With sirens.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Literally every ability that puts up a wall can be cancelled to bring the wall down. Every single ability, I'm pretty sure.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I know I can put the wall down, I just choose not to lower it when I trap my team mates.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

god drat loving lovely rear end teammates

I bombed my placements this time, and almost every single loss was directly attributable to one specific window licking idiot on the team. Two games in a row it was the same person. Then I placed gold 5, giving me a HUGE climb back up to where I was, and lost my first two games for the same reason-- one due to a feeding Sylv who ended the game with 12 deaths, half the team's total, and the other to a dehaka who was allergic to being near the team and died over and over trying to split push.

I'm tilted as hell right now.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Onean posted:

Literally every ability that puts up a wall can be cancelled to bring the wall down. Every single ability, I'm pretty sure.

I believe Tassadar Force Wall is the only one that cannot.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Spudd posted:

How long have you been Nazeeboing without that knowledge?
Only 13 games, thankfully. :shobon:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Don't ask me how long I played before I realized fountain cooldown was per-player, not per fountain.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

bamhand posted:

If that's the case then it's changed. You definitely used to be able to.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

bamhand posted:

You should still be able to.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

MMAgCh posted:

Only 13 games, thankfully. :shobon:

Your teammates must have loved you, despite the fact that getting your team killed in your zombie wall is an integral part of the Nazeebo experience.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Technically couldn't walling your own teammate save them from Butcher's charge?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Alpha Mayo posted:

You can think so, but it's still going to end with you walling your teammate in with the Butcher.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Alpha Mayo posted:

Don't think so. The zombies can still be meleed through with most dudes. I mean maybe it'd cancel/stop the stun but you'll still wind up with them trapped in melee of the butcher, you're doubly screwing them over if it fires off at just the wrong time and butcher is IN the wall with them.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Watching a Varian charge while stuck in a Zombie Wall or Entomb is still my favourite thing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Spudd posted:

Watching a Varian charge while stuck in a Zombie Wall or Entomb is still my favourite thing

http://i.imgur.com/CQYS5aM.gifv

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I don't think there's any hero that I feel as functionally useless as than D.Va, I have literally no idea what I'm supposed to be doing at any time.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Semper Fudge posted:

I don't think there's any hero that I feel as functionally useless as than D.Va, I have literally no idea what I'm supposed to be doing at any time.

Use the boost to peel, save the bomb for when it looks like you're about to die, put the field on whoever seems dangerous, and have 2 health bars.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

D.Va is also really good at chasing down the running mage with 5% health left.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Also if you're going to die you can do what the rest of the OW cast can do and just loving leave the fight with your extremely insane mobility

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

wiegieman posted:

D.Va is also really good at chasing down the running mage with 5% health left.

Yeah (at least pre nerf) her Q was deceptively good at killing dudes. Not to mention if you circled behind a character you could bump them back towrds your tem and then use the slow on W to help your team catch up.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Also if you're going to die you can do what the rest of the OW cast can do and just loving leave the fight with your extremely insane mobility

Zarya is really good at just zipping around.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I don't know if anyone's brought this up yet but they added jiggle physics to Tychus' gut with his new swimsuit skins that isn't there in his shirtless prisoner skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I wish they'd redo Probius. He feels kind of half assed. His warp rifts/explosions doesn't fit him at all, I feel like they gave him it due to being unable to balance a more probe-like hero. And Null Gate is probably the worst ult in the game. I guess it looks cool but why a giant gate that slows, when he casts slow fields everywhere to start with?

Imagine if he had a push build where he could build a Gateway that spawned Zealots from minerals mined, or a Forge to give the team temporary buffs. You can get so creative with him and what we got is just a disappointment.