Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Both are 5 stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

keep if at least one of them is 5*

rarity is the only thing that really matters, unless you get like 5* bartre

Both are only available as 5*.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Weissritter posted:

Julia and Lucina in my first roll. Keep?
Holy poo poo, yes.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I hear Julia is a lameo for nerds.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Weissritter posted:

Julia and Lucina in my first roll. Keep?

Julia is the best counter to the best unit in the game and is otherwise very good. And Lucina is pretty ok.

Yeah you should keep it.

Clawtopsy posted:

I hear Julia is a lameo for nerds.

She's very strong and my friend.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Julia is the best counter to the best unit in the game and is otherwise very good.
With Green Tomebreaker, she also wrecks Nino and Cecilia who are also frequently-used meta units.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I neglected to play FEH most of today, but Priscilla still won. Woooo free 500 feathers.

And wow, this was a much easier inferno GHB than the previous one with Legion.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Snipee posted:

And wow, this was a much easier inferno GHB than the previous one with Legion.
It would have been harder with more Panic Ploy and if Clarisse didn't faff about repositioning herself over and over, IMO. But yeah, my Cav team melted them with, of all units, Leo being the MVP.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I had a lot more trouble with this one than with Legion, but I got it in the end.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Between Julia and Reinhardt's abilities to OHKO most enemies, I just needed Azura and Olivia to dance them into safety. The only tricky part was the ninja with the absurdly high stars who required a melee unit to weak him enough for Reinhardt to finish him off.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Lacheese is against Elise. RIP.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Is Xander worth promoting even though I have a Ryoma? Now that I have a Reinhardt I'm thinking the answer is yes for happy horse times

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

acumen posted:

Is Xander worth promoting even though I have a Ryoma? Now that I have a Reinhardt I'm thinking the answer is yes for happy horse times

I find Xander better than Ryoma so i'd say yes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Having a really high defense red unit with distant counter has been pretty useful in GHBs so far

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tired Moritz posted:

Lacheese is against Elise. RIP.

Imagining how many 7x multipliers we're gonna get makes me giddy.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Julia is the best counter to the best unit in the game and is otherwise very good. And Lucina is pretty ok.

Yeah you should keep it.

She's very strong and my friend.

What is the best unit?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Lachesis is destroying Elise. Lmao Currently 300,000,000 points more.

Anyway, what's the best assist skill and B skill for Camus? I need to clear some space for the summer banner.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weissritter posted:

What is the best unit?

Reinhardt

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Weissritter posted:

What is the best unit?
There is no single best unit, but the cream of the crop are imo Reinhardt, Eirika, Azura, Nino, Xander and Hector.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Don't have a *5 Xander, but my -DEF Ike was tanky enough to basically solo Clarisse Infernal (minus the blue mage). Ike, some buffs, a defense tile and lots of Aether. Watching everyone kill themselves on Ike while he keeps healing himself is nice, it's like playing Path of Radiance again.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Weissritter posted:

What is the best unit?

To expand on what others have said, Reinhardt and Hector are almost universally regarded as being the best characters in the game, as the best offensive and defensive units respectively.

Reinhardt has a unique weapon that allows him two attacks before the enemy can respond, and he hits the weaker of the two defensive stats. He also rides a horse, giving him incredible range.

Hector has a skill that means he can counterattack at any range, and a unique weapon that lets him do so twice regardless of relative speeds. He's theoretically weak to mages, but in practice he beats them into paste before they get the second hit in.

Julia, depending on build, can beat both of them. She doesn't have their adaptability, but she can counter pretty much any non-red threat in the metagame.

are we telling him about IVs yet?:ohdear:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Welp, Clarine lost, so I joined Team Priscilla. My Priscilla is lv 1. At least I seem to have at least two people on my friend list on the same team. Thus far I've been handed a lv 40 Azura and Saizo to stomp all over the lv 1 scrubs. It's pretty funny.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why havent i been getting 2 orbs for logging in every day anymore?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

mabels big day posted:

Free orbs aren't guaranteed. They seem to be sent out based on a whim. Sometimes you get 10 orbs, sometimes you get 100 feathers.

After using peoples Kagero in the voting gauntlet I really want a Kagero. Not enough to pull colorless yet though.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Roger Explosion posted:

There is no single best unit, but the cream of the crop are imo Reinhardt, Eirika, Azura, Nino, Xander and Hector.

I'm pretty casual but actually have an Eirika and Nino I am building up. What makes them so good? Eirika seems like an okay buff char and Nino could be a glass cannon I guess?
What skills should I give them, esp Nino since I don't really have many mages that are usable yet?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

ChiTownEddie posted:

I'm pretty casual but actually have an Eirika and Nino I am building up. What makes them so good? Eirika seems like an okay buff char and Nino could be a glass cannon I guess?
What skills should I give them, esp Nino since I don't really have many mages that are usable yet?

Nino is fast and has a blade tome, which gives you bonus damage equal to your stat buffs. Eirika (and Ephraim) have the best capacity for buffs due to their unique weapons. Those two plus a blue (or red with Ephraim) dancer form one of the most potent arena cores and is just a really strong set-up in general.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

mabels big day posted:

They like to turn them off periodically to encourage people to buy Orbs instead. They usually bring them back after a time.

The longest drought was something stupid like 10 days or something. That sucked.

ChiTownEddie posted:

What makes them good is you put them together. Nino's tome gives a flat bonus to damage with every buff she gets. So, +4 speed from Eirika's C skill gives her +4 damage. The +3 Atk from Eirika's weapon becomes +6 Atk, etc.

You attach them at the hip, throw in a dancer. Have Nino nuke something, then have the dancer either give her another turn to nuke something else, or she can use her support skill, Draw Back, to get both herself and the dancer out of the danger zone.

For skills, the standard is Fury for the A slot (you can also use Darting Blow if your Nino isn't +spd), and Desperation for the B. For her special, she'll want Moonbow, as -blade tomes make specials take longer to charge up and Moonbow charges the fastest.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

Ryoma? Effie? Ike? Bridelia?

They have a tier list that is kinda okay to go by.

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tier_List

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Trebek posted:

Ryoma? Effie? Ike? Bridelia?

They have a tier list that is kinda okay to go by.

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tier_List

Unless you sacrifice a Hector to her, Effie isn't that great.

Also, those tier lists are bad (and pretty pointless anyway)

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
The tier list is only good as a reference for who's good right out of the box without putting any effort into them. You can make any character with a decent statline work, and the only ones that are really bad are the ones that have a both a bad statline and a bad skillset.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Honestly, I trust what you guys say more than any tier list.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Roger Explosion posted:

Honestly, I trust what you guys say more than any tier list.

Let me tell you about my super sophia idea

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

The tier list is only good as a reference for who's good right out of the box without putting any effort into them. You can make any character with a decent statline work, and the only ones that are really bad are the ones that have a both a bad statline and a bad skillset.

This. Enough whaling can make almost any unit functional, but the tier lists are useful for figuring out which units are the easiest to build.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Got a 5* Ogma on my last bid for Luke. That's the third time on this banner I'm pulling off-focus units.

You do you, game.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

ChiTownEddie posted:

Eirika isn't just "okay" she's the best buff character in the game. With her sword, Hone Speed, Rally Defense and the Res seal, she can buff up every stat all by her lonesome. Unlike her brother (who will get wrecked by green units), Eirika can take care of the things that are most likely to threaten Nino: sword lords, green tome users with Green Tome breaker, Hector. I highly recommend Swordbreaker and even Distant Counter if you ever have a Hector to spare (if not, Triangle Adept). If you're lucky enough to get you hands on an Azura, congrats you have one of the consistently best teams for every part of this game. Just make sure whoever ends up being the 4th member has Drawback or Reposition. You'll thank me when you get to the high Arena tiers.

UHD posted:

Let me tell you about my super sophia idea
Hey man, +ATK, multi-merge, redblade+, Death Blow 3 and Moonbow with Quickened Pulse and Eirika up her rear end. It could work. :shepface:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Snipee posted:

This. Enough whaling can make almost any unit functional, but the tier lists are useful for figuring out which units are the easiest to build.

They aren't useful for even that. Look at the posted tier list where Reinhardt is the third tier while being really easy to build and one of the strongest units in the game.

The inheritance tier list on the same same site on the other hand assumes you have infinite of every skill and unit and judges from there (and questionably at that). It's loving useless.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sophia seems like a pretty good Raven tome + TA3 unit with her really high bulk

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Folks poo poo on Sophia a lot because of her trash-tier speed, but this and her decent attack stat sure as hell make her a lot more appealing as a unit than characters like Caeda or Odin.

I'm also just imagining an alternate universe where she can inherit Wary Fighter and define the meta. :allears:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Andrast posted:

poo poo that's actually not a bad idea. Her terrible speed doesn't matter as much when she takes almost no damage anyway.

If I ever need a dumb project I might try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It's hard to gently caress up a magic-user in this game. I mean, Odin managed it with a blade tome no less, but still.