Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gynovore posted:

Sorry if my post seemed racist, I can see how someone might think that.

Nevertheless, if Junior really is in a school where he might be beat up for being white, move him to a school where that is not the case.

(of course, 99% likely the fesh is fake just like every other.)

Not just you, and that was my first thought too tbh.

Just figured it bore mentioning before it got out of hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Theophany posted:

The gently caress is a fidget spinner? Some prescription toy for autists?

They are cool

Only registered members can see post attachments!

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

RFC2324 posted:

Not just you, and that was my first thought too tbh.

Just figured it bore mentioning before it got out of hand.

Thanks, Hitler-teapot-av-guy. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Thread related:
Still haven't had the wife walk in on me eating chili on the shitter... I AM SO SICK OF CHILLI FYI.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guys I dunno how much experience you have with homeschool types but if someone says "I can't send my kid to public schools because I'm afraid of the black kids :ohdear:" the demographics of the specific school in question are probably not the real issue

At any rate there were like three different alt-right talking points jammed in right at the end so I'm leaning toward troll on that one

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't know about the whole "bullies are really cowards" thing. A lot of times they're just hosed up kids that are better at fighting than you because they do it all the time. Standing up to a bully is a good way to gain confidence and make yourself a harder target n the future, but it will probably lead to a solid rear end kicking the first time. A better way to handle a bully is to surround yourself with good friends that will have your back, win or lose.

sadly the key to getting rid of a bully is going full ender wiggin and post columbine if a weird kid so much as farts too loudly they'll expel ya

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Gynovore posted:

Enroll little Braiden

Haha, good call. Guaranteed that little dork has a lovely name like that, which will only further compound his problem. So many parents these days give their special little snowflakes goofy names to make them "unique," or they give them a relatively normal name, but spell it in a funny way. Like Jaycob instead of Jacob, or Emmalee instead of Emily.

Homeschool dad, your kid sounds like the deck is stacked against him anyway. Going to school with other kids gives him a good chance to socialize normally. Homeschooling him will only make the problem worse and make him even more socially awkward, isolated and a mama's boy. At least try sending him to school, if he gets bullied or beaten up, you can always pull him out later.

Sounds like it's really you that should have pulled out though.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Tiberius Thyben posted:

The main sound is this sort of low irritating whirring.

I sprayed my co-workers one with CRC and now he complains it's all slimy and doesn't use it

win win

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
If he's as annoying as you say and also a mummas boy just let him go to school and get owned, then at least you can say 'told ya so'

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Commenting on the homeschooling stuff...

I went to a heavily Hispanic ghetto school for middle school/junior high as a white kid in the early 90s.

It was lovely. You did get targeted for being white.

If you were 12-13 and fought back and could hold your own, then their great role model older brothers in high school would drive them around trying to find you walking home from school, to jump you. They had no class or sense of fair play.

I complained once when these kids were loving with me and the counselor, who couldn't deal with them, said just stay away from their turf. My parents did get me out of that school immediately after that.

So me and my brother both ended up in a better school. It was immediately better. Unlike the other school my options were better than: (a) get kicked around or (b) join the skinhead group to protect yourself.

I still didn't like high school but it was far better. Learning to protect yourself meant something cause you didn't have the gang mentality.

My brother was a better fighter than me. In that better school, the one small Hispanic clique there got at odd ends with him. One of them agreed to fight with him after class. My brother came with 30 friends to watch, and they with their 10 or so.

When my brother started fighting him and kicking the poo poo out of him, they of course jumped in, to kick at my brother, which was retarded since we had 3x the people, and many of his friends were brawlers. They got beat.

So yeah to the guy who suggested get your kid to a better school, do it. Ghetto schools and lovely gangs suck especially if you stick out like a sore thumb.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've got a lot of thoughts on this fight subject but am too drunk to post thoughtfully on it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Runaktla posted:

I went to a heavily Hispanic ghetto school for middle school/junior high as a white kid in the early 90s.

If you were 12-13 and fought back and could hold your own, then their great role model older brothers in high school would drive them around trying to find you walking home from school, to jump you. They had no class or sense of fair play.

I complained once when these kids were loving with me and the counselor, who couldn't deal with them, said just stay away from their turf. My parents did get me out of that school immediately after that.

So me and my brother both ended up in a better school. It was immediately better. Unlike the other school my options were better than: (a) get kicked around or (b) join the skinhead group to protect yourself.

I still didn't like high school but it was far better. Learning to protect yourself meant something cause you didn't have the gang mentality.

My brother was a better fighter than me. In that better school, the one small Hispanic clique there got at odd ends with him. One of them agreed to fight with him after class. My brother came with 30 friends to watch, and they with their 10 or so.

When my brother started fighting him and kicking the poo poo out of him, they of course jumped in, to kick at my brother, which was retarded since we had 3x the people, and many of his friends were brawlers. They got beat.

So yeah to the guy who suggested get your kid to a better school, do it. Ghetto schools and lovely gangs suck especially if you stick out like a sore thumb.

You sound like a racist, whiny bitch.

Edit: No, sorry, you sound like you have paranoid mental issues. I'm sorry I made fun of you for something that is mostly out of your control

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

american schools sounds like nightmares

no wonder you get so many school shooters

fix your poo poo, idiots

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Edit: No, sorry, you sound like you have paranoid mental issues. I'm sorry I made fun of you for something that is mostly out of your control

Why, because he told us what his experience in school was?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Fartbox posted:

american schools sounds like nightmares

no wonder you get so many school shooters

fix your poo poo, idiots

Americans know how to fight amirite British pussy

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sjs00 posted:

Americans know how to fight amirite British pussy

The least anonymous confession in the history of confessing about step-sisters was the one in E/N where the Brit kid got doxxed for being incapable of using his phone to video her in the shower.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Runaktla posted:

stdh.txt

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
You all missed the part where the homeschool dad married a cheerleader: teach your kid the MILF defense. They'll be lining up to be his buddies if they think they have a shot at your wife, my dude.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Torquemada posted:

You all missed the part where the homeschool dad married a cheerleader: teach your kid the MILF defense. They'll be lining up to be his buddies if they think they have a shot at your wife, my dude.

This is the best plan.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol if you dont think cliques jump outsiders, esp. when ethnicity is involved. I mean, minorities are usually better at fighting than whiteboys and can beat them fair and square, but noone is gonna look at their boy getting washed and do nothing. Thats also the reason "standing up to bullies" might work early, when cliques are not fully formed, you can kinda earn your place in the hierarchy. But once it is established, goodluck with your krav-maga, dude.

Stickfigure fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 29, 2017

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Torquemada posted:

Then the dude can enjoy being cucked by a bunch of HS "Chads".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Anton Chigurh posted:

" or they give them a relatively normal name, but spell it in a funny way. Like Jaycob instead of Jacob, or Emmalee instead of Emily.

My cousin's bf is a tattoo artist. One of his customers named their daughter Emmalee. He sent the name to tattoo guy via text message, and apparently autocorrect changed it to Emily. Tattoo guy does his thing, and spells it Emily. Welp, turns out that wasn't the right spelling, wifey was pissed and dude wanted his money back. Until he saw his own text message that said "emily" not "Emmalee" Then realized it was kinda his gently caress up. When he told me that story, the first thing that came out of my mouth was "thats what they get for giving their kid a stupid fuckin spelling of a normal name".

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 29, 2017

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Some people... there are 3 rules to naming kids:

1. the name must not get your kid mocked
2. it should be easy to pronounce (and ideally also spell) for the majority of people in your neck of the woods
3. it should not be a name that gives your kid a disadvantage in life, such as naming your daughter Mandy-Jaqueline in Germany, which is scientifically proven still a disadvantage because it is subconsciously associated with trashy east German families and the related stereotypes in many people's minds (I am not making that one up)

It's not that hard is it?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Jesus, some of these high school experiences you guys and gals are describing sound like you really meant to say "in prison" instead of "in high school."

Where the gently caress did you go to school that cliques band together to jump people that don't belong?!? I went to the second poorest public school in my state and the worst that happened to me was being hit in the head with a dodgeball when I wasn't looking by an rear end in a top hat from a broken home who'd been physically abused his whole life by his alcoholic father. Hell, even at age 15 I knew it wasn't his fault he was behaving that way, but what you're describing is straight gang violence. Or is that the joke and I'm being Tiggum-level dense?

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Hopper posted:

Some people... there are 3 rules to naming kids:

1. the name must not get your kid mocked
2. it should be easy to pronounce (and ideally also spell) for the majority of people in your neck of the woods
3. it should not be a name that gives your kid a disadvantage in life, such as naming your daughter Mandy-Jaqueline in Germany, which is scientifically proven still a disadvantage because it is subconsciously associated with trashy east German families and the related stereotypes in many people's minds (I am not making that one up)

It's not that hard is it?

You forgot one

4. Should be easy to shout and flow into the sentence "... if you dont stop (x) I will turn this car around right now!"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Jesus, some of these high school experiences you guys and gals are describing sound like you really meant to say "in prison" instead of "in high school."

Where the gently caress did you go to school that cliques band together to jump people that don't belong?!? I went to the second poorest public school in my state and the worst that happened to me was being hit in the head with a dodgeball when I wasn't looking by an rear end in a top hat from a broken home who'd been physically abused his whole life by his alcoholic father. Hell, even at age 15 I knew it wasn't his fault he was behaving that way, but what you're describing is straight gang violence. Or is that the joke and I'm being Tiggum-level dense?

People need to blame something besides their own lovely behavior for how their life turned out, so they exaggerate. What sets off my stdh meter is when someone does a loooong rant about how hard high school was without admitting a single fault nor error on their own part.

Also the amazing, racially-tinged irony of how, in the hispanic school, the author complained about hispanics banding together to gang up on them. But then, in the mostly non hispanic school, his brother shows up with thirty people to a one on one fight. Then he gets mad that the 10 hispanics in the whole school stuck together to protect one another even though it meant an obvious beating for everyone.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 29, 2017

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Grew up in the hood and had to fight and scrap for every meal and grade. Passed school with all As and hosed cheerleaders also I am white

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I went to highschool in the hood; venice high where they filmed American history X... It was pretty poo poo.

I now make 6 figures and whatever gently caress y'all

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This kind of thing is pretty common in big cities in America. We didn't have gangs in my mostly middle class school exactly but there were definitely cliques that would beat the poo poo out of you if you stood up to a member bullying you. It was way worse in the city than in the suburbs.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

In my ghetto school it was always the white trash starting poo poo and whining about it when they got they rear end beat

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Drunk Nerds posted:

People need to blame something besides their own lovely behavior for how their life turned out, so they exaggerate. What sets off my stdh meter is when someone does a loooong rant about how hard high school was without admitting a single fault nor error on their own part.

Also the amazing, racially-tinged irony of how, in the hispanic school, the author complained about hispanics banding together to gang up on them. But then, in the mostly non hispanic school, his brother shows up with thirty people to a one on one fight. Then he gets mad that the 10 hispanics in the whole school stuck together to protect one another even though it meant an obvious beating for everyone.
Lol my bros friends went there to watch not jump in. My brother was walking away from the fight after beating down that guy he was fighting. Nobody on our side was doing anything else. Then two of them run at my brother and jump on his back, taking him down (and he's not big 5'7" maybe but he fights like hell) and start kicking him. That's when his other friends jumped in.

lol at "racially tinged" gently caress off, what I said happens and I even referenced this is gang mentality in order to appease people like you. Still failed to not set off your "waaaah he's racist" alarm. Grow up and stop pretending that this type of stuff doesn't happen.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I for one have no problem believing these posters got constant rear end kickings

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think this thread could use some more content

quote:

Some of the most fun sex I've ever had was in college. I was dating my stupid lovely college girlfriend. She lived in a one bed room apartment with her mom, sister, and dog. We were sleeping on a twin futon, her mom was sleeping 10ft away in an old twin bed. I slid down my girlfriend's panties and slid on in. We had to be real quiet and sneaky under the covers. It was pretty ownage. A week later my mom came to visit and she was given the old rear end twin bed. My girlfriend tried to "get revenge" on me by initiating sex while my mom was in the room. Like she was getting me back or something. I happen to know, tho, that my mom barely sleeps, so we didn't bone. My girlfriend got pretty mad at me for that, but she got pretty mad at me for a lot of things.

My mom also barely sleeps

I've never had anyone attempt to initiate sex in front of her tho

quote:

A lot of people like to recreate their favorite restaurant foods at home, usually not as a perfect recreation.

I worked at a KFC all through high school and college. Many of the best moments of my life happened in and around that KFC. I met my first girlfriend, smoked my first cigarette, drank my first beer, lost my virginity, and watched my first porno surrounding by that amazing smell of the Colonel's secret herbs and spices.

I kind of became obsessed with recreating that taste once I left. I worked there long enough - I had some idea of the basics. But there's a reason it's a secret; it's hard as hell to figure out the exact proportions and some of the more obscure and subtle tastes that combine to form an orgasm of sensation on your tongue.

Sorry for some of the more livid imagery here but I loving love KFC chicken.

Anyway, I figured it out. I figured out the secret recipe through a lot of experimenting, research, and taste testing. I can recreate KFC chicken in my home and, honestly, it's the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't want to share it with anyone because I don't want KFC to go out of business, but I do plan to one day share this with whoever I marry. If that day ever comes. I honestly can't imagine a better gift/sign of trust than sharing the Colonel's original recipe.

And before the jokes start that I must be some big greasy fatass - I'm not. My office has treadmill work stations, and I use it for almost half an hour a week. I'm not in highschool shape but I have no problem getting around in day to day life.

Step up your treadmill game son

I'm not in great shape these days and I run for longer a week than that and I don't think I work out enough :colbert:

and I don't even eat fried chicken that often

Anyway I'd ask under what circumstances you both lost your virginity and watched your first porno in a KFC, but I've listened to The Humpty Dance which gives me a pretty good idea of the first one at least

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I went to one of the worst high schools in my area - for reference, there was a school shooting there in the 80's, and it didn't improve until very recently. There was a lot of racial tension and semi-gang activity. I was hella nerdy and hung out with a bunch of other nerds, and mostly we weren't messed with. The gang-types generally just hosed around with each other, and you learned to back up against the lockers/walls if they were chasing someone so you didn't get in the way.

Worst thing I ever saw was one guy being chased by about 5 others, dripping blood from a stab wound as he ran.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

caterpillaropera posted:

Worst thing I ever saw was one guy being chased by about 5 others, dripping blood from a stab wound as he ran.
Worst thing I remember in my junior high was one of the white kids that joined the skinhead group laying flat on his back unconscious in the cafeteria, with his blood mixed in with milk spreading along the ground.

These are 11-13 yr olds.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Futurama already figured out the secret recipe:

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

caterpillaropera posted:

The gang-types generally just hosed around with each other, and you learned to back up against the lockers/walls if they were chasing someone so you didn't get in the way.

Yeah, if you know to play your position, you don't really get hosed with., unless there's just plain robbery/extortion involved. It's the "standing up to bullies" types and other tough kids who usually get damaged badly.
Also, i remember some 14, maybe 15 year olds beat up a very young substitute teacher who tried to stop them from loving w\another kid.The sub got punched, sniched and got his rear end kicked hard for that.They did it after school and he never returned there.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

11 spices – Mix with 2 cups white fl.

2/3 Ts Salt
1/2 Ts Thyme
1/2 Ts Basil
1/3 Ts Oregano
1 Ts Celery salt
1 Ts Black pepper
1 Ts Dried mustard
4 Ts Paprika
2 Ts Garlic salt
1 Ts Ground ginger
3 Ts White pepper

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Drunk Nerds posted:

lol what even is this post

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
The real trick is the pressure cookers they use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cacator posted:

11 spices – Mix with 2 cups white fl.

2/3 Ts Salt
1/2 Ts Thyme
1/2 Ts Basil
1/3 Ts Oregano
1 Ts Celery salt
1 Ts Black pepper
1 Ts Dried mustard
4 Ts Paprika
2 Ts Garlic salt
1 Ts Ground ginger
3 Ts White pepper

Needs some red chili flakes, but otherwise this looks great.