Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

watching the Kai version of the Buu saga.

Dabura was kind of wasted as a villain, I feel like.

The DBOnline/Heroes crew thought the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Not the Xenoverse people though. They made his death Towa's motivation for doing anything, and then never bothered having her try and stop him from dying.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Everyone needs to watch the videos this is from. The love and attention put into the game already is staggering. I'd be fine with however many characters they put in if each has this level of detail. I know it must be so hard to do this but they did it anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51PS6wh_qM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfMWkzVMTwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK7nZbnYEok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJIuKnLexGg

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Using the Final Flash against Cell should make him yell OH poo poo.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Momomo posted:

Not the Xenoverse people though. They made his death Towa's motivation for doing anything, and then never bothered having her try and stop him from dying.

he's not even in either game

probably one of the more important characters story-wise and the best you got is you can wear his pants

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ArcSys is VERY GOOD at making fighting games.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Babe Magnet posted:

probably one of the more important characters story-wise and the best you got is you can wear his pants

To be fair, Nail is a much more important addition to the cast.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah, its absolutely bizarre considering they put in loving Eis Shenron and 7 different Gokus.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What's so special about Dabura?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RBX posted:

He's the older brother of the main villain in Xenoverse.

Other than that nothing really.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In the grand scheme of things, he's Raditz 2.0

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

RBX posted:

he's like the King Of Demons, and essentially satan, ruler of hell and all that stuff, so it was always just kind of funny that he didn't get to do much after seeming like he was going to be a big deal. he sounds like he'll be a big deal, a major problem to be dealt with, even manages to kill krillin and piccolo basically

but then he just kind of fucks around for a little while and is completely irrelevant

Xenoverse and DB Heroes run with the idea that he should be important and that theres a bunch of demons under his command, that have some sort of kai-like heirarchy but theyre all evil i guess? but since its just for video games it doesnt really go anywhere either

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

In the grand scheme of things, he's Raditz 2.0

he's not even a big enough threat to be raditz

he was fighting gohan to a draw when gohan was weaker than he was as a kid, right? so he's not even as strong as cell was at the end

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Knowing what we know now about the Kais, gods and demons is it a surprise he was so weak?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Do any of you want this new fighting game to be mostly "slice of life" stuff? I hope it's all just fetch quests and between every fight you have to farm Goku's field or something else boring like that for some reason.

Unironically!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd probably be more interested in a dragon ball themed harvest moon game than a fighting game tbh

tho I'd still not play that either

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Super needs a time patrollers/demon realm arc.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sharktamer posted:

Do any of you want this new fighting game to be mostly "slice of life" stuff? I hope it's all just fetch quests and between every fight you have to farm Goku's field or something else boring like that for some reason.

Unironically!

:thunk:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't think anyone in this thread would complain if there was a goofy dragonball game with lots of silly what if stuff and light low-impact fights. Frankly I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree that Xenoverse (for example) would be improved by having more wacky scenarios and silly stuff rather than punching Brolly in the face for the 27th time.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I unironically would enjoy a Xenoverse 3 that's like 90% a visual novel about everyone doing goofy poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No more milk crate delivery though.

Ever.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Pureauthor posted:

No more milk crate delivery though.

Ever.

milk crate delivery will be replaced by pudding crate delivery

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't mind if the Time Patroller's weird power was acknowledged in game.

During the entire Champa Universe 6 thing, I kept wondering in the back of my head why my character gave a poo poo about Champa getting pissed off, because I had just spent the last few games beating the ever loving poo poo out of him and Vados in PQs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

make a game based off of og dragon ball where you actually collect the dragon balls

randomly generated world so sometimes the 4 star ball will be at the bottom of the ocean but other times you gotta beat up piccolo for it. at the end you make a wish that can unlock a character/add stuff to the world/buff your character for the next run/whatever. also all of the characters have different modes of flight; goku has the nimbus, krillin holds onto goku for dear life, roshi has baby gamora, yamcha bulma has a flying car, etc

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

randomly generated world so sometimes the 4 star ball will be at the bottom of the ocean but other times you gotta beat up piccolo for it. at the end you make a wish that can unlock a character/add stuff to the world/buff your character for the next run/whatever.
So kind of like what Budokai 3 was going for with the Dragon Balls.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

make a game based off of og dragon ball where you actually collect the dragon balls

randomly generated world so sometimes the 4 star ball will be at the bottom of the ocean but other times you gotta beat up piccolo for it. at the end you make a wish that can unlock a character/add stuff to the world/buff your character for the next run/whatever. also all of the characters have different modes of flight; goku has the nimbus, krillin holds onto goku for dear life, roshi has baby gamora, yamcha bulma has a flying car, etc

this would make for an excellent rogue-like. don't just randomly generate the dragonball locations, but also the location of allies. you always start off as Bulma/Pilaf/Red Ribbon Commander, but some times you befriend Tien instead of Goku at the beginning or something.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

sharktamer posted:

Unironically!

Stardew Valley except Dragonball.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The next dragon ball game should just be Burnout except with Goku and Piccolo driving

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

go kart racer where every time Beerus loses it zooms out to the living room with them playing and has him hakai the entire console and TV set forcing a crash

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
DB Fusions had a decent wacky quota I feel.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

HGH posted:

DB Fusions had a decent wacky quota I feel.

I am genuinely anticipating to see how much they improve, refine, and expand Fusions 2, because it's a concept that's been long coming. With the excuse of a Everything Everyone Everywhere tournament with fusion all over, you can cram a lot of content in for a good drat while. Though it'd be neat if they took the time to expand on show-character fusions to have way more possible combos and what-ifs we can never see normally.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Reboot the legacy of Goku franchise

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

dr.acula posted:

Reboot the legacy of Goku franchise

I agree unironically. Buu's Fury was a super good game and if they took that back to Legacy of Goku 1 and 2 and then made a new one for Super it would be super cool.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Condiv posted:

watch it. the first two arcs are shakey retellings of the most recent movies, but after that it's all original and a lot better

i watched the god movie, should i watch the freeza movie first or just watch the episodes

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Watch the episodes.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

i watched the god movie, should i watch the freeza movie first or just watch the episodes

Watch the movie, the arc is worse for the most part.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Watch the movie, the arc is worse for the most part.
Someone's lacking squad spirit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's a few nice things in the adaption but it's not great either way, so you may as well make it shorter and prettier imo

rof is still half of a good movie anyway

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Black August posted:

I am genuinely anticipating to see how much they improve, refine, and expand Fusions 2, because it's a concept that's been long coming. With the excuse of a Everything Everyone Everywhere tournament with fusion all over, you can cram a lot of content in for a good drat while. Though it'd be neat if they took the time to expand on show-character fusions to have way more possible combos and what-ifs we can never see normally.

All I want from 2 is better translation. But that other stuff would be a nice bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Manatee Cannon posted:

there's a few nice things in the adaption but it's not great either way, so you may as well make it shorter and prettier imo

rof is still half of a good movie anyway

Which half?

• Locked thread