Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

i was listening to keith ellison's podcast and the newest ep is about the fight to raise the minimum wage, and its on point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Baloogan posted:

canadian NRA

that logo sucks so bad

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

i was listening to keith ellison's podcast and the newest ep is about the fight to raise the minimum wage, and its on point

Keith Ellison has a podcast? Hook me up.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is the first time anyone has ever said this, congrats

Serf
May 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

http://wethepodcast.podomatic.com/

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
weaver out, turner in

https://twitter.com/OurRevolution/status/880418508340957185

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
is our revolution relevent

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

GalacticAcid posted:

pretty good post up at newrepublic from sarah jones on democrats' annoying rear end email campaigns

Title: But Their Emails

:discourse:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't know who Nina Turner is but anyone is better than Jeff Weaver so :toot:

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Concerned Citizen posted:

weaver out, turner in

That's actually fantastic to hear.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Condiv posted:

but what's the point of bodycams on the police if the footage is all kept hidden? we already have 500 officers to lie about what happened in an encounter, is another 500 lying about the contents of video footage really helping anything at all?

the law also overrides a state supreme court ruling holding that dashcam footage is required to be made public.

makes people feel better about the police without any actual change. also, police departments that have actually deployed bodycams love them. it massively decreases the number of complaints against cops and gives plenty of evidence they can cherrypick from to undermine the complaints that remain. and if an officer does manage to get into real trouble, the footage can be "lost" or the camera can be "broken"

once they get over the sheer anarchic hatred of anyone telling them what to do, cops are actually finding that body cameras work out just fine for them

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/879474670545899520

owns

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

pretty good post up at newrepublic from sarah jones on democrats' annoying rear end email campaigns

lmao when all the old computer illiterate dummies die off the dems will lose all their money because a bunch of con artists write thier emails and no one trusts them

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle posted:

how about suck my dick gop

how about it

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Nina Turner owns

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Main Paineframe posted:

of course they haven't offered any, that's not how Dems work. it's not ~pragmatic~ or ~wonkish~ to offer up solutions you don't have the votes to pass, and the ~consultants~ and ~focus groups~ say it's a bad idea to admit that basically your only significant legislative accomplishment in the last decade has big problems

The Dem grand strategy is blatantly obvious: Issue platitudes, hold policies close to your chest, allude to them from time to time, keep fighting the culture war, hold liberal and progressive votes hostage.

Healthcare: We need to save families and children, you need to vote for us even though we don't have a consistent policy and never intend to go single payer.
Gun Control: We need to save families and children, you need to vote for us even though we don't have a consistent policy and never intend to overturn the 2nd amend.
Foreign policy: We need to defend freedom and democracy, you need to vote for us even though we don't have a consistent policy and never intend to dismantle the empire.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

:chloe:

gently caress you've been asleep through Bernie's campaign alright.

Bernie thread lit up about her constantly

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There has been talk about Turner running for OH Gov, or at least people have started initial fundraising feelers for it.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

The problem isn't if an individual cop is racist but that our police departments are trained, armed, and instructed to perpetuate for-profit, systematically racist institutions. The private prisons are contractually guaranteed a minimum number of full beds both as a source of revenue and slave labor. The police department and city council needs more money in it's coffers from fines and fees because god forbid that be funded through taxes. So they are sent out to get money and smash in heads. They target black communities because they are our suppressed, dehumanized, and exploited underclass that Capitalism requires to function. Harassing, arresting, robbing, and killing black people isn't a side effect of policing. It's their primary function.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

google "cum town"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loquacius posted:

Well I can tell you this:

she's a white male now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I forget names very quickly, apologies for my smoothbrains

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/880188989151600641

:hellyeah:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I said this in the DSA thread but the number of democrats furious at people chanting at a rally is hilarious af

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:thunk: interesting thumbnail :thunk:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nina Turner is legit.

Here's Cornell West, Killer Mike, Bernie Sandwiches, and Nina Turner talking about the legacy of MLK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mph2_z4cB0Y

Also obligatory Bernie Sandwiches :laffo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7RzUQ5aBA

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I said this in the DSA thread but the number of democrats furious at people chanting at a rally is hilarious af

https://twitter.com/jonny_is_good/status/880426606749245440

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Al! posted:

is our revolution relevent

relevant yes, effective no

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GalacticAcid posted:

:thunk: interesting thumbnail :thunk:

about drat time :thunk:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
President of the Revolution: Nina Turner

vs

President of the Bank

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

An alarming number of people have already decided Kamala Harris is the next Dem nominee

so therefore chanting things at her is bad because it implies that she's not already doing everything right

yes, the people saying stuff like this ARE awful morons, why do you ask

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

fits my needs posted:

you can't give the people things for free they don't really care about that anyway, tax credits are more attractive as proven by the data.

lawn signs work the same way
Tax credits are garbage when you don't make enough.
Money upfront is better, or less cost up front.

No need for credits if poo poo is cheaper.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Barbara Lee owns.

https://twitter.com/JAscholtes/status/880448785553477632

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i wonder what its like to be in a constant state of circling the wagons over constructive criticism

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Seeing a lot of people apparently under the impression that chanting something at someone is "silencing" them :thunk:

https://twitter.com/kellyawallace/status/880433961100509184

"Well, yes, I was completely wrong to jump to this conclusion, but the fact that I jumped there at all means I'm still right"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

loquacius posted:

An alarming number of people have already decided Kamala Harris is the next Dem nominee

so therefore chanting things at her is bad because it implies that she's not already doing everything right

yes, the people saying stuff like this ARE awful morons, why do you ask

https://twitter.com/SarahLerner/status/874738436313239552

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
This is good news.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

wait why would the GOP accept this unless it's to try to kill whatever bill it's attached to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ThndrShk2k posted:

This is good news.

for Jeb!

• Locked thread