Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ThndrShk2k posted:

Tinkle Trumps Hate

Tinkle Trump's Face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Salon/status/880407138195079169

quote:

“I am exhausted. I am personally broken,” Bee confessed. “Pe[ople come up to me on all the time and they’re like, What do I do? What do I do? Help me. So my question to you is: What should I tell them?”

“You get in the fight, and then you fight as hard as you can,” Warren replied.

“But what does that mean?” Bee asked.

“It means that when you’re told to be quiet, you don’t sit down and be quiet,” Warren answered. “You stand back up.”

isn't she canadian tho

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

fits my needs posted:

isn't she canadian tho

nevertheless, she persisted

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Al! posted:

nevertheless, she persisted

to segregate schools

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

vote for dems if you care about racial justice!

https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/880224136085159937

oh wait maybe not

Serf
May 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

oh wait maybe not

why would they even do this

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Serf posted:

why would they even do this

cause much like leftists, they know black people have no other chance at representation and so they figure they can piss all over them as much as they want in order to increase white/conservative turnout. they care more about winning than they do about doing anything to actually help people, hence their ceaseless attraction to selfish and hateful conservatives

besides, letting people access bodycam/dashcam footage helps make them angry at the democrats when they help cover up the police's murders. so it's much better for the democrats if people aren't able to get their hands on footage that will only make them angry

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
you're a fool if ur shitposting isn't sponsored

why would u work for free u dumbass

Serf
May 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

cause much like leftists, they know black people have no other chance at representation and so they figure they can piss all over them as much as they want in order to increase white/conservative turnout. they care more about winning than they do about doing anything to actually help people, hence their ceaseless attraction to selfish and hateful conservatives

...what

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Serf posted:

...what

the reason is that the police refused to use them without this legislation but they should have instead passed legislation requiring the police to use them but they didnt because bad dems

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

humpty hillary!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

the reason is that the police refused to use them without this legislation but they should have instead passed legislation requiring the police to use them but they didnt because bad dems

my reading was this bill "enables" cops to use bodycams in more places, but also makes said bodycam footage not a matter of public record anymore

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Serf posted:

...what

basically this I guess

https://youtu.be/jM1Vt6MyKj0

with a reminder the bald dude is supposed to be the good guy

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

naw i get that. just dunno where leftists come into this

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Serf posted:

they don't. i just put "like leftists" cause people of color are a captive demographic like leftists are (but in a way worse way)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Serf posted:

from the left

Serf
May 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

they don't. i just put "like leftists" cause people of color are a captive demographic like leftists are (but in a way worse way)

ah, i see now. was worded a bit weirdly

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

fits my needs posted:

humpty hillary!

missed opportunity for her to be missing a shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

If they started helping people instead of trying to win they'd loving win instead of this constant losing. No one wants diet Republicans

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Condiv posted:

oh wait maybe not

tom wolf is good sorry

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol actually i just clicked the link

yeah that's pretty bad

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

PA state legislative is an awful poo poo show so if Wolf said he was taking what he could get, to get body cams on police, I'd take him at his word. We haven't had a proper budget for like a decade now.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

PA state legislative is an awful poo poo show so if Wolf said he was taking what he could get, to get body cams on police, I'd take him at his word. We haven't had a proper budget for like a decade now.

but what's the point of bodycams on the police if the footage is all kept hidden? we already have 500 officers to lie about what happened in an encounter, is another 500 lying about the contents of video footage really helping anything at all?

the law also overrides a state supreme court ruling holding that dashcam footage is required to be made public.

Condiv has issued a correction as of 15:19 on Jun 29, 2017

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of rear end in a top hat police loving Dems, this gem warms my heart:

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/708481603815677952

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Condiv posted:

but what's the point of bodycams on the police if the footage is all kept hidden? we already have 500 officers to lie about what happened in an encounter, is another 500 lying about the contents of video footage really helping anything at all?

the law also overrides a state supreme court ruling holding that dashcam footage is required to be made public.

the way that the police weaseled out of it in my municipality is they bought the cameras then quietly cut the funding for the program that actually was supposed to get them up and running

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Disabled people doing the loving work:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/880429660043190273

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Frijolero posted:

Speaking of rear end in a top hat police loving Dems, this gem warms my heart:

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/708481603815677952

god drat i forgot about this, flames

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

Well, if it makes you feel better, pretty much every aspect of Philando Castile's shooting was recorded and it didn't make much difference, mostly because the prosecution tried to get cute with the way they presented the evidence and ended up not being able to play the recording at all.

(It does not make me feel better.)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

If they started helping people instead of trying to win they'd loving win instead of this constant losing. No one wants diet Republicans

"it's empirically proven that you can't win if you're not trying to win" --a lawyer with a political science degree

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
new nra video is pretty insane

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
you can't give the people things for free they don't really care about that anyway, tax credits are more attractive as proven by the data.

lawn signs work the same way

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

docbeard posted:

Well, if it makes you feel better, pretty much every aspect of Philando Castile's shooting was recorded and it didn't make much difference, mostly because the prosecution tried to get cute with the way they presented the evidence and ended up not being able to play the recording at all.

(It does not make me feel better.)

tbh, this is why i laugh my rear end off when people point to bodycam laws as a racial justice measure and not as a corporate handout. even before we had bodycams we had black people being shot with full video, and people still saying "well i dunno the police really feel bad about it not guilty!"

fixing the racial justice problem with the police is gonna require major work that buying tasers or bodycams isn't really gonna do anything towards. like tearing apart precincts infested with kkk and white nationalists

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

whoah
thats p good

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

it may well take a concerted push against the culture that cops are moral and ethical by default, and that will piss off cops (and that makes dems wet their pants so lol if that's ever happening)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
canadian NRA

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

As insanely cuckservative as that is, they are 100% correct in that Dems/Libs have abused culture war bullshit.

Also, Dems have politicized guns as much as the NRA has. Maybe stop trying to scare people into voting for you and realize that the 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere? (applies to both sides).

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, lol that everytime a high-level Dem says "gun control" or "background checks" the NRA gets thousands of $$$ in donations.

The NRA and gun manufacturers always lose money when the GOP is in power.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
pretty good post up at newrepublic from sarah jones on democrats' annoying rear end email campaigns

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Subjunctivitis posted:

quick question:

For 7 years Republicans have been screaming about "repeal and replace" and then showed up with nothing.

Last and this year, Dems and Hillary were saying "We need to fix what's broken and improve the ACA."

What proposals have any Dems made about fixing and/or improving it?

of course they haven't offered any, that's not how Dems work. it's not ~pragmatic~ or ~wonkish~ to offer up solutions you don't have the votes to pass, and the ~consultants~ and ~focus groups~ say it's a bad idea to admit that basically your only significant legislative accomplishment in the last decade has big problems

of course, they can't exactly campaign on ACA improvements, because if they ever get a Congressional majority again, a fifth of Dem senators will immediately flip and vote against any ACA improvements and the Dems will refuse to do anything about it, so :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Condiv posted:

oh wait maybe not

At least our millionaire democrat governor actually made things instead of being a Wall St guy!
I'm looking at you New Jersey!

• Locked thread