Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

do you have a link to good research on this? i'd like to read it if so

Uhh here's one I think

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0093854816668218?journalCode=cjbb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

consumed by normies posted:

that nra video is going to be shown in the prologue of documentaries about the Second American Civil War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mEsXz-Bpog

it wouldn't be much of a civil war because dems would just get massacred wholesale as they tried to reason with the red hats and realizing too late that maybe the 2nd amendment is good

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Concerned Citizen posted:

relevant yes, effective no
Effective: Soon to be (now that Nina is gonna run the show)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

:cheers: Thanks

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/880463102285950977

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

it wouldn't be much of a civil war because dems would just get massacred wholesale as they tried to reason with the red hats and realizing too late that maybe the 2nd amendment is good

it'll be tienemen square but with rascals instead of tanks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Donald Trump was caught on tape bragging about how he literally attacks women and then he won white women

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

maybe we need :ninaget:?

dont push it condiv

we already voted for :chaostrump: in this admin

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fits my needs posted:

Why was he in charge of Bernie's campaign and post campaign efforts, again?

it was well known among dem political workers that working for hillary's opponents would be really bad for your future employment prospects

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I love Jeb!Coin.
I love Jeb!
I love Coin?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/JuliaCarmel__/status/880465246921662465

:3:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it's really heartening to finally see so many people calling democrats out for being loving garbage trash intransigents on SP :unsmith:

with what happened in CO and now CA its pretty clear the party is fighting like hell to stop SP from being adopted anywhere to preserve megadonor funding for the party, and the more people that recognize that, the better

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
now, on whether or not the democrats can actually stop coming up with clever hashtags and larping protests to develop a coherent SP policy that would keep them in power for a generation, i'm more skeptical, because if there's one things democrats love, it's losing, especially if it still keeps them rich

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"Democracy dies in darkness"? I see the Post took the election well

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wager that there is some entrenched resistance (ie not just big donor money or whatever) from Dems who viewed ACA as their signature big career legislative accomplishment being told it kind of sucks. I don't know if that goes away if they get more public feedback/yelling about it or if you have to elect people divorced from the original process.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chuck Schumie is releasing a "bold new economic message" in a couple of weeks. We shall see if it includes Medicare for All.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Chuck Schumie is releasing a "bold new economic message" in a couple of weeks. We shall see if it includes Medicare for All.

totally gonna be a public options, hopefully with a way to manage medical prices attached to it.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

pretty good post up at newrepublic from sarah jones on democrats' annoying rear end email campaigns

the fact that campaign contractors apparently can't selectively message the senior citizens that this poo poo apparently works on and avoid everybody else that sees through it immediately really underscores exactly how worthless the data driven approach to campaigning is

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Frijolero posted:

its gonna be making startups count as dependents for the purposes of the EITC

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Chuck has come out swinging since the great corn cobbing. It'll be interesting how bold that bold platform is

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Frijolero posted:

it's gonna be franklin foer's cuck rear end "radical market populism" poo poo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I wager that there is some entrenched resistance (ie not just big donor money or whatever) from Dems who viewed ACA as their signature big career legislative accomplishment being told it kind of sucks. I don't know if that goes away if they get more public feedback/yelling about it or if you have to elect people divorced from the original process.

I think it's mostly people who see critique of ACA as a slander of Obama the person and are mad about that because they've built their politics on personality not policy.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ex post facho posted:

now, on whether or not the democrats can actually stop coming up with clever hashtags and larping protests to develop a coherent SP policy that would keep them in power for a generation, i'm more skeptical, because if there's one things democrats love, it's losing, especially if it still keeps them rich

Losing and staying rich is like the best case scenario for a bad dem. All you have to do is vote no and not take any responsibility when everything goes to poo poo.
The dream scenario for the democratic party is one in which they forever have 49 seats in the senate and 217 house seats.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Chuck has come out swinging since the great corn cobbing. It'll be interesting how bold that bold platform is

He's been keeping the Brother of Bern very close since the election more than likely because he understands the democrats path back to power runs through Bernies message of new deal populism

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Venuz Patrol posted:

the fact that campaign contractors apparently can't selectively message the senior citizens that this poo poo apparently works on and avoid everybody else that sees through it immediately really underscores exactly how worthless the data driven approach to campaigning is

list segmentation is a common strategy, obviously this doesn't just work on old people. i hate the emails too but it's hard to deny that it has raised a ton of money.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

women are revolutionary as hell. dsa knows whats up

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Venuz Patrol posted:

i dont even know what the dems' so-called data driven campaign approach actually means since what we would call modern data-driven ad campaigns (targeted online ads) seemed to be unique to the trump campaign

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

this is probably true, and if so those Dems need to be gone. the ACA is a giant transfer of wealth to insurance companies and still far too little to address care affordability. i think you have to elect folks divorced from the original process, the entrenched dems are clearly about keeping those pharmabux rolling into the coffers

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Ruzihm posted:

women are revolutionary as hell

that's why white ones voted for the real revolution. TRUMP!!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Shear Modulus posted:

i dont even know what the dems' so-called data driven campaign approach actually means since what we would call modern data-driven ad campaigns (targeted online ads) seemed to be unique to the trump campaign

targeted online ads are pretty common, dems actually do 1:1 targeting on individual voters via cookie matching, facebook, etc. there's nothing unique about what trump did.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

GalacticAcid posted:

that's why white ones voted for the real revolution. TRUMP!!

women also started the paris commune uprising and the russian revolution :shrug:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

He's been keeping the Brother of Bern very close since the election more than likely because he understands the democrats path back to power runs through Bernies message of new deal populism

Or at the very least he doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a lame horse.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Ruzihm posted:

women also started the paris commune uprising and the russian revolution :shrug:

*grins revolutionarily* Let them eat cake.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chuck Schoom gang go play hoop

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
im just jaggin btw

all successful revolutions have depended on female leadership and material support from working women

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

I think it's mostly people who see critique of ACA as a slander of Obama the person and are mad about that because they've built their politics on personality not policy.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
In conclusion, Women are a land of contrasts.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
oh look im reading the economist

did you know women are at a crossroads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/880472859084304384

• Locked thread