Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
What is everyone doing for Canada Day? Special one this year Canada turns 150 :canada: It falls on a Saturday this year, ill share my plans first. Going to take the kids to some official childrens 150 events in the morning then going to have a BBQ later in the day.

Unfortunately fire works got canceled in my city so we will have to come up with some other night time activity

Oh and I'm going to get some local micro brews to sip on while dadding it up on the grill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

Do it ironically posted:

Unfortunately fire works got canceled in my city so we will have to come up with some other night time activity
That sucks dude.
Yeah its gonna be rainy and lovely but I'm fleeing the city and staring longingly at a lake I can't actually get into until like sunday.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

I intend to eat something with maple syrup in solidarity with my Canadian friends. I am an American though so that is about all I know about Canada. Enjoy your holiday.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

peameal on a burger forever

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im going to america and im going to ride my bike up a mountain :patriot:

then im going to drink a million budweissers on the ferry back home :canada:

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Barbecue at the in-laws and drunk on Saturday. Drunk with no in-law barbecue Sunday and Monday. :canada:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I'm going to don a costume and jump rooftop to rooftop being ever vigilant of terrorist attacks

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Zajajaja posted:

That sucks dude.
Yeah its gonna be rainy and lovely but I'm fleeing the city and staring longingly at a lake I can't actually get into until like sunday.

It does but living in the interior BC is p awesome so there's a lot we can do

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Beefeater posted:

Barbecue at the in-laws and drunk on Saturday. Drunk with no in-law barbecue Sunday and Monday. :canada:

I'm going to tie one on after the kids go to bed

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Canada Day is also my birthday, so a low-key barbecue with the family. :canada:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
we are goign to the blue jays game on friday evening and sunday but not actually the one on canada day because I don't want to see chris sale run the jays through a thresher and also its raning

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is this the day when Canada invades America?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Probably draw stuff and hang out with my boyfriend. Looking forward to the end of all the obnoxious Canada 150 stuff.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I plan on waiting 3 days for America Day.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Probably draw stuff and hang out with my boyfriend. Looking forward to the end of all the obnoxious Canada 150 stuff.

that's a shame you don't think it's fun because we should celebrate how great our country is

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Mordja posted:

Canada Day is also my birthday, so a low-key barbecue with the family. :canada:

whatup Canada day bday buddy. Gonna go out to eat with friends then go out and get trashed. Yay at acting like I'm still in my 20's!

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Do it ironically posted:

that's a shame you don't think it's fun because we should celebrate how great our country is

It's not my country, and there isn't much great about it.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Is Canada its own country? Or still part of England? Cause I was thinking of Fish and Chips. :canada:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Tiberius Thyben posted:

lol seriously? feel free to leave anytime.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

On the road to Ottawa right now

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Do it ironically posted:

i kind of do agree that its a bit sad how canada 150 appears to be mostly an advertisement for presidents choice and rbc.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

The Walrus posted:

i kind of do agree that its a bit sad how canada 150 appears to be mostly an advertisement for presidents choice and rbc.

that's true but the free national park pass was awesome so I'll watch some lovely commercials

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Walrus posted:

Roll up the rim twice in one year bitch

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i am going to reflect on the 150 years i have spent alive, here, in canada

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

The Walrus posted:

lol seriously? feel free to leave anytime.

I was here first.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Tiberius Thyben posted:

lmao you might be the first person who has been from another country and told me they didn't think canada was a good place to live, can I ask you what country you are from that is a lot better?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the only people i know who move here and then hate it and move home are french people (from france) and french Caribbean people

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

aka please be aware it snows and gets very cold here

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Do it ironically posted:

lmao you might be the first person who has been from another country and told me they didn't think canada was a good place to live, can I ask you what country you are from that is a lot better?

I'm Cree.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It's raining on the highway to Ottawa apparently U2 are gonna perform a single song at the Canada day celebration and Walk Off The Earth are playing so I'm pretty excited. What are the odds ISIS blows me up

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hold me now

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I would kindly ask that we don't politicize this thread it's a celebration about Canada's 150th birthday, I would be more than happy to discuss my country's flaws and aggressions in another thread, tia

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Do it ironically posted:

I would kindly ask that we don't politicize this thread it's a celebration about Canada's 150th birthday, I would be more than happy to discuss my country's flaws and aggressions in another thread, tia

i think dogs should vote

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Do it ironically posted:

Sorry for asking about ISIS do you think U2 is gonna perform Vertigo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I was here first.

oh alright you're allowed to poo poo talk then. do you like your new cultural centre that is a repurposed colonial style building? WHY NOT????

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Sid Vicious posted:

Hold me now

I was gonna say look at this photograph but then I remembered creed and nickleback are different bands

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

FuhrerHat posted:

i think dogs should vote

let's give them the power to buy smokes and booze first and see where it goes

Sid Vicious posted:

Sorry for asking about ISIS do you think U2 is gonna perform Vertigo

only if they play stuck in a moment with a cheesy canada history photo montage first

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My dad is trying to trick a fire marshal into letting him fire mortar fireworks across the river into quebec so let's hope that pans out

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jimmy Hats posted:

My dad is trying to trick a fire marshal into letting him fire mortar fireworks across the river into quebec so let's hope that pans out

I'm going to Montreal for a couple days mainly because I want to go to Schwartz's for a sammie. Any Ottawa goons wanna go for a beer this weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Watch Jummy Hat's dad start a war.

• Locked thread