Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
After hemming and hawing for so long with nebulously apocalyptic and angry strips -- many of them against the accusatory vitriol and hyperbole in political discourse -- Stantis finally puts a pin on the singular, antichrist-like figure behind all aforementioned woes and angers: his stand-in for Obama Democrats.

I like the loving extra redundant label at the bottom. Definitely peak Ramirez. Didn't he do a similarly redundant label where someone (Obama?) was saying everything was under control when it clearly wasn't, and then at the bottom just to be sure he captioned it "NOT under control". Just in case anyone missed the loving subtext.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jedit posted:

Unless numbers work differently in Sweden, isn't that an archive strip from several years ago?
I think she's on vacation and they're printing older strips.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I think she's on vacation and they're printing older strips.
They aren't doing it. On days when there's no new strips I'm uploading older ones. And as I previously said I'm mainly focusing on Zelda's toxic relationship with Cesar.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Crazycryodude posted:

Posting this because maybe if Garrison sees it he'll finally have that aneurysm we've been praying for

Alhazred posted:

Today's Zelda is even less safe for work than yesterday's strip: http://imgur.com/V6tkrpA
You gotta give me the flippers.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure if it's deliberate or just genuine dumbness, but the right wing really doesn't get the difference between "fiction" and "lies/bullshit" do they? Like, of all fictional characters, Elmo is one of the few who has actually weighed in on matters of public interest. He has literally, personally testified before Congress.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

The way his shirt is scruffed, it looks like the robot is pulling him back in. Branco is to action as Rall is to architecture. Also, nice McDonald's logo.

Branco likely makes quadruple that for drawing garbage that middle schooler would find lacking in form.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Jurgan posted:

No, that couldn't "just happen" to anyone. Getting arrested doesn't "just happen" to most people, especially old white men. And yes, having a DUI doesn't prove you're an alcoholic, but it is a strong indicator of alcoholism.

Getting a DUI at 22 might be due to being an idiot. Getting a DUI in middle age is almost invariably a drink problem.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
John Kerry has a new job.

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 29, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

All of those things are true and I don't know what else to say.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

1 is some Chuck Asay level of AGCing. 2 seems to be a holdover that McCoy forgot to publish between 2008 and 2016? :confused:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Exactly? AGC?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh poo poo, many seats? pack it in, Pelosiailures.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

my bathroom is a girl thankyouverymuch :colbert:

quote:

Obama appears to be wearing a combination tie/rifle

that's some overdesigned JRPG poo poo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Samurai Sanders posted:

Health Care is a right, wow what a controversial statement

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

He's right though, a news channel that just lists obvious facts isn't doing a good job.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Lol okay I gave Branco too much credit when I said he might have had an original thought, he's just quick on the trigger when it comes to new talking points.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Abyssal Squid posted:

Lol okay I gave Branco too much credit when I said he might have had an original thought, he's just quick on the trigger when it comes to new talking points.

I just love how they can't get their talking points straight. A few days ago, they were concern trolling about how awful Pelosi was for the Democrats. Now they're trying to play it off like they wanted Pelosi to stay all along.

Good thing evil is so dumb. Otherwise, we'd be screwed.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hey, remember when the duck was fired from his job at the TV station? Does Tinsley? Who's he talking to? Is there a camera? Is there a desk?

Why do you care so much about where people pee, Lester?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Diabolical current president Obama.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Why didn't Obama protect America from those major terrorist attacks that occured on his watch? Why didn't he prevent 9/11? :ohdear:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kurtofan posted:

Health Care is a right, wow what a controversial statement
I do understand on an intellectual level that to like 35% of Americans the risk of dying in a ditch is what keeps people in jobs, rather than just sitting on their sofa watching TV all day.

edit: the 35% that are in the right geographical locations to win control of the government, that is.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alhazred posted:

Today's Zelda is even less safe for work than yesterday's strip: http://imgur.com/V6tkrpA

Geez, these two really should not be dating. Every strip with them together makes me feel miserable just looking at them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
big fan of hairy arm pits

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Geez, these two really should not be dating. Every strip with them together makes me feel miserable just looking at them.
That's kinda the whole point of this arc, it's two people that shouldn't be together and everybody but them realizes it. And trust me, it's going to be a lot worse.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Samurai Sanders posted:

Was there a Gay Abortion category for "Most Plainly AGC?"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

Was there a Gay Abortion category for "Most Plainly AGC?"

Most Easily Reinterpreted usually covers that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like Elmo would be opposed to the travel ban and it's not like being fictional has stopped anyone from taking a cartoon character seriously.

Not JRROSE too. :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alhazred posted:

That's kinda the whole point of this arc, it's two people that shouldn't be together and everybody but them realizes it. And trust me, it's going to be a lot worse.

Yeah, I figured that was what the author was going for. Two incompatible people being assholes to each other and making each other miserable and yet continuing to stay together anyway because they're desperate not to be alone (the boyfriend) or just in need of an apartment (Zelda).

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

She is kinda positive charged and he is kind of positive charged.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like you undercut your message of the media spreading fake news willy nilly when you include an actual example of the authors of a less than credible story being punished. Of course this comes from the party of "Why did they riot over this white cop shooting this unarmed black kid and going free but not this black guy that assaulted a white girl and was immediately arrested, tried, convicted and executed???"" so, you know, no surprise there.

loving Obama taking lavish vacations in a time of national turmoil! Act more presidential Obama!

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010
The New Yorker is having a bit of fun

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cpt.Americant posted:

Is this next week's cover?

E: Nope, but I wish it was.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cpt.Americant posted:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
:psyduck: He wrote "build bridges not walls" and "healthcare is a right" as if they were inherently laughable statements. Like, I would argue that maybe he's just trying to say "spouting feel-good rhetoric with no substance or action behind it makes for platitudes, not news" but from context and juxtaposition you can see those are phrases he thinks are already ridiculous. That they're already exaggerated nonsense he doesn't even need to skew further. Lester is such a piece of poo poo.

Yeah let's all pretend journalistic integrity was at its peak in the good old days, where there was never any slant, sensationalism, or yellow journalism.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Hehhhh, look at all these dummies who think they have certain inalienable rights, and among those are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. :smugdog:

quote:

quote:

On January 10, 2017, CNN reported that classified documents presented to Obama and Trump the previous week included allegations that Russian operatives possess "compromising personal and financial information" about Trump. CNN stated that it would not publish specific details on the memos because it had not "independently corroborated the specific allegations."

quote:

Amazing how we're only hearing what Democrats want from Republicans!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm not sure if it's deliberate or just genuine dumbness, but the right wing really doesn't get the difference between "fiction" and "lies/bullshit" do they? Like, of all fictional characters, Elmo is one of the few who has actually weighed in on matters of public interest. He has literally, personally testified before Congress.
It is absolutely deliberate. The way they turned around the fake news thing, which initially was about the fake news stories that were being shared around in support of Trump and anti-Clinton, is an excellent example of the capabilities of the right-wing propaganda machine.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Alhazred posted:

To be fair, Zelda doesn't want to be in a relationship either.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Stiglich: "Government bad! Stop meddling with free enterprise!"

Stiglich the following day: "Free enterprise bad! Government, do something!"

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Reportin' like a fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Vib Rib posted:

:psyduck: He wrote "build bridges not walls" and "healthcare is a right" as if they were inherently laughable statements. Like, I would argue that maybe he's just trying to say "spouting feel-good rhetoric with no substance or action behind it makes for platitudes, not news" but from context and juxtaposition you can see those are phrases he thinks are already ridiculous. That they're already exaggerated nonsense he doesn't even need to skew further. Lester is such a piece of poo poo.

It reminds me of when that tremendous shithead Watters on Fox News did some report right after the Manchester bombing and showed a clip of Ariana Grande at the charity show saying "We should embrace love and each other and not hurt each other" or something of that nature.

Watters has a smug grin and goes "Heh, well, interesting tactic....see how well that turns out"

Conservatives literally hate peace and love.

• Locked thread