Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Lindsey Graham and John McCain are reportedly 'concerned' about the President's tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Lindsey Graham and John McCain are reportedly 'concerned' about the President's tweets.

That and 50 cents will get you a newspaper.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

John McCain is concerned about everything. The level of toastiness of his breakfast toast. Traffic on the DC Beltway. The president being insane. All are concerning.

John McCain being concerned is loving useless unless we ask the Vietnamese to hand his spine back.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Can only imagine how 'concerned' a president McCain would've been.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/880435887775113216

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

facialimpediment posted:

Access journalism is dead. Real journalism is flourishing and won't stop.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I was chatting with a DC reporter the other day and this is basically what he said. The press corps has just been transcriptionists and now the media has to actually dig to find facts instead of relying on conferences.

Thanks, Donald!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

In actual news, first report of a full liberation of Mosul https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/880418954396798976

"This dark chapter of ISIS domination is behind us! Today we begin a new dark chapter of ethnic cleansing and corruption!"

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The One Weird Trait That Predicts Whether You’re a Trump Supporter

The anti-clickbait subtitle: It's Authoritarianism

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah, politicians are inherently interested in managing the outflows of information from their realms but there's spin and then there's the press secretary (or whatever title they gave to that Ryan Bundy in drag character) telling a room full of reporters that they should go watch a James O'Keefe video and that they should be downplaying the growing investigation into how deeply a de facto hostile foreign power has corrupted our government and electoral process, instead paying attention to "victories" like subsidizing Carrier automating their manufacturing or convincing Ford to move production to China instead of Mexico.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

It's from over a year ago. Fun fact, the same research showed that authoritarian traits were also strongly correlated with supporting Hillary Clinton, but that doesn't give you the warm brain chemical hit of having some skull-measuring thinkpiece affirm that people who disagree with you politically are somehow mentally defective.

C'mon, man.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pointing out that Trump supporters are dumb is kind of like pointing out that water is wet. We get it.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Nick Soapdish posted:

That and 50 cents will get you a newspaper.

where the gently caress can you get a newspaper worth a drat for $.50?

timma85
Feb 13, 2006

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's from over a year ago. Fun fact, the same research showed that authoritarian traits were also strongly correlated with supporting Hillary Clinton, but that doesn't give you the warm brain chemical hit of having some skull-measuring thinkpiece affirm that people who disagree with you politically are somehow mentally defective.

C'mon, man.

Is there a link discussing that? The only thing the Politico article said relating to people with authoritarian views supporting Hillary were when they were compared to Obama voters during the primaries. I saw plenty of articles referencing authoritarian people going Trump in 2016 but nothing about authoritarian people going Hillary, except during her 2008 run.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
People still buy newspapers for something other than pet cage lining?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I use the weekly county flyer to dry out my running shoes if they get wet, so that's something it's still useful for.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Dead Reckoning posted:

C'mon, man.

If you're going to say things like this, you should provide the research, otherwise you're just a Facebook/YouTube comment.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Always keep an eye on your local paper's crime notes section. It's the only way to find out weird stories about kids selling their pokemon cards to a local store, then breaking into the store later to steal the cards back. Or buying a video game at a yard sale with a counterfeit $20 and kicking off a redneck car chase when the owners realize it and use their cars to block his sidestreet exit. Or when someone gets busted with a meth lab backpack in an Office Depot bathroom.

Everything else is recycling, but the crime blotter is fantastic.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We really need to make JohnMcCainisConcerned.com

With a nice interactive timeline showing everytime he's been concerned (Various classes or concern), and context about what the bigger picture looked like at the time.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Definitely need a DEFCON concern-o-meter for where McCain is now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Here's a graph of how concerned McCain is 2003-2009 vs how many service members have died in Iraq to this point.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah, politicians are inherently interested in managing the outflows of information from their realms but there's spin and then there's the press secretary (or whatever title they gave to that Ryan Bundy in drag character) telling a room full of reporters that they should go watch a James O'Keefe video and that they should be downplaying the growing investigation into how deeply a de facto hostile foreign power has corrupted our government and electoral process, instead paying attention to "victories" like subsidizing Carrier automating their manufacturing or convincing Ford to move production to China instead of Mexico.

:stare:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

FAUXTON posted:

and then there's the press secretary (or whatever title they gave to that Ryan Bundy in drag character)

what

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Sarah Huckabee Sanders in not what you would call photogenic.
She is the female version of Mike Huckabee's Large Sons.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

id throw a bone in her

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Let's not have a big discussion on the fuckability of someone

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Mmmmaaaayybe.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Piell posted:

welcome to gip

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
It's a transphobic comment.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Actually it was a joke, and once again

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Immanentized posted:

I visualize her as being married to a KFC colonel, but without the secret spices flavorful spices because Arkansas is as bland as white christian bread.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Piell posted:

You an incel or something?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
She's not as fun to listen to as Spicy Time. She comes across as actually believing the deranged poo poo that marmalade madman demands her to say in front of the nation. Spicy seemed like he had just enough of a soul to know he was selling it and I could watch him suffer on camera.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It's not that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is fat or ugly, it's that she always seems to have a facial expression that indicates she just smelled a horrific fart or is about to let one go herself.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Thalantos posted:

Better get N4i on the case, stat

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thalantos posted:

im sure your loose interpretation is shim's top priority

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013

bird food bathtub posted:

marmalade madman

Lol.

Also wtf talking to someone in a three letter org there are not unimportant people watching this thread. Thought ya'll were kidding.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

suboptimal posted:

It's not that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is fat or ugly, it's that she always seems to have a facial expression that indicates she just smelled a horrific fart or is about to let one go herself.

We live in strange times when one actress on SNL can play both press secretaries.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

TheAlphaChaser posted:

Lol.

Also wtf talking to someone in a three letter org there are not unimportant people watching this thread. Thought ya'll were kidding.

Just saying, that as an American citizen working for an already massively fined European bank, that I stand ready to do my patriotic duty in snitching on these dirty :france: . For a nominal fee of course

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Casimir Radon posted:

We really need to make JohnMcCainisConcerned.com

With a nice interactive timeline showing everytime he's been concerned (Various classes or concern), and context about what the bigger picture looked like at the time.

December, 1961. John McClain becomes concerned that Spaniards are squandering electricity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Immanentized posted:

I googled that and loving hell

Which one is the dog slayer?

Also that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is definitely ugly. Her face is asymmetrical, it looks like she's had a stroke and her jowls flap about like a scrotum.

• Locked thread