Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/politico/status/880511194959892480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Don't know if this has been shared yet, but can we get his account shut down for 24 hours?

https://twitter.com/SarahLSmith677/status/880420765400805376

Done.

For what it's worth.

Which is nothing.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

I don't like this being a gif

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

At which the executive branch will laugh.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mcmagic posted:

He's a like a Pokemon.

That was my exact thought too.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

now trump is talking about how he didn't get any protests for approving the dakota pipeline

You know, other than the one that had been going on 24 hours a day for many months at the site.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I don't like this being a gif

This might be petty by IMO ban all short video news on websites unless absolutely necessary. I can read, quite quickly in fact, so please don't make me sit through three minutes of self-motivated to get to the news.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Low energy.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Like, with no leadup? is there a transcript or a video of this?

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Tim Whatley posted:

At least she manages to look everybody she talks to the in eye. At once.

Oooh snap.

I asked myself what the hell she was looking at.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Rinkles posted:

At which the executive branch will laugh.

You are pretty drat far into "daddy trump/the_donald" nonsense if you think trump can just laugh off subpoenas. Like do you actually think he's some all powerful god that rules America as a king? What are you even suggesting?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/AP/status/880513588384997379

Uh

Hopefully it's a "hey let's all be armed together" and not "Taiwan #1"

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
https://twitter.com/greta/status/880513587269316608

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You are pretty drat far into "daddy trump/the_donald" nonsense if you think trump can just laugh off subpoenas. Like do you actually think he's some all powerful god that rules America as a king? What are you even suggesting?

Do you remember when Eric Holder was held in contempt of congress?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Don't worry! I am sure the state department did all the proper legwork to make sure China isn't upset.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fuckin' what.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

empty whippet box posted:

Like, with no leadup? is there a transcript or a video of this?

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/880512898061258752

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/880513588384997379

Uh

Hopefully it's a "hey let's all be armed together" and not "Taiwan #1"

Pretty sure that's an arms deal started under Obama.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

Pretty sure that's an arms deal started under Obama.

Yeah Obama made several deals (one of which on similar scale) but it seems sudden.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

TARDISman posted:

Fuckin' what.

LOL wtf the language

im out, greta van goona BOUNCE!!!

GVS - suburban stoner

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Good, loving shill

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

KickerOfMice posted:

LOL wtf the language

im out, greta van goona BOUNCE!!!

GVS - suburban stoner

*pulls off clip-on mic, drops*

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

good lord what a goddamn moron

also i missed the SHS presser, why is it not on youtube? can i rewatch it somewhere?

edit its on yt now, disregard

botany fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 29, 2017

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Not as crazy as it sounded out of context unfortunately. Still, yknow, crazy though.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

He's even loving spreading lies about the Oil Embargo while he's at it.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah Obama made several deals (one of which on similar scale) but it seems sudden.

I believe that's a deal that was all ready to go and Obama delayed because of his belief in giving Trump a chance.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Good, she was garbage

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
MSNBC will probably hire Hannity next.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

*pulls off clip-on mic, drops*

lmao :golfclap:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

So like, back to Fox or ?

I'd be fine with off TV never to return

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

There was a brief period during the initial enforcement of the Muslim Ban where Trump ICE was ignoring court orders. The courts and Congress rely on the executive to enforce orders so an executive refusal to comply would be one really good way to cause a Constitutional crisis.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Hannity goes from network to network like a ronin, saying nice things about the president so he stops picking on them, then moves on

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

trickybiscuits posted:

It's not really but theologically you don't especially need to. The Old Testament is about God's covenant with the Jews. His covenant with Christians supersedes that, so to Christians things like not eating pork or shellfish, or not wearing blended fibers, are meaningless. Christians should really be studying Ancient Greek to read the New Testament but of course nobody gets killed in that until the Book of Revelation and that's already covered by The Late Great Planet Earth so why bother.

Christians *also* study Biblical Greek to read the New Testament. It's a theology nerd thing. You don't have to understand it. Compare to those Otaku who study Japanese so they can appreciate Dragonball Z in the purest form.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Okay honest question - what would happen if Trump just laughs off the subpoena (or tries to)?

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

ReidRansom posted:

She's worried Trump might notice she had a facelift.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

Thank christ. She was like a female Ted Cruz to me. Every time I turned the news on too early and saw her I just wanted to smash my tv to get the sight away S quickly as possible.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

more time to work on her thetan levels now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Caros posted:

Thank christ. She was like a female Ted Cruz to me. Every time I turned the news on too early and saw her I just wanted to smash my tv to get the sight away S quickly as possible.

In fairness to her, no show on MSNBC is watchable other than Hayes.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Jaxyon posted:

George W played a hick as an act, including have a prop ranch where he did basically nothing but give reporters photo-ops.

His earlier career he talked much more like a college educated Junior Republican wonk. Which may have been also an act, but I don't actually think he was stupid.

Didn't he notch a 1295 or something on the old SAT's? It's not a perfect indication, but you don't do that well being a complete dumbass. He was a lovely student and loved the cocaine, but he absolutely wasn't as dumb as he was made out to be.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Good. Take Megyn with you. Maybe they'll put something watchable on in her timeslot now. Like an hour of static and children screeching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Dubya wasn't stupid, he just also was not clever.

• Locked thread