Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I need to step up my game.

I should watch some Gilligan's Island so I can work my Thurston Howell. Then I can call people lovey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Timeless Appeal posted:

The one thing that Friday the 13th actually needs is a Final Girl mode where if you're the last survivor you get a lot stronger and more challenging.

I've had two ideas on this:

- Tommy Jarvis can't leave if someone is still alive

- if the only living person is a girl, a "trap" spawns on the map and the final girl can lead Jason to it. Final Girl can see the trap, Jason can't. (for example a noose in the barn, chains at the dock, random poo poo just on a road, etc. You just have to get Jason to step in the kill zone.

This obviously means a Jason could still easily go for a 7/7 or 8/8 because you may have to jog across the map and be exposed.

Bonus: cuts down on people sitting in closets for the last 10 minutes

Bonus 2: Final Girl can totally wiff the kill by not accounting for a shift / knives so a good Jason could smell the trap

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Jetamo posted:

Grab sweater, take his mask off. Press Q, and Jason freezes in the about to attack pose. Someone then hits him down with a stun-weapon on to his knees (preferably the sweater wearer) and then Tommy stands in front of Jason with either an axe or machete and presses E.

Hey man, it's not necessarily bargaining as it is "OH GOD WHY ARE YOU HERE I'VE GOTTEN LITERALLY NOTHING LEAVE ME ALOOOOONE" :sweatdrop:

you forgot the part where Tommy needs to pick up jason's mask

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Not actually need to pick it up!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The mask actually makes you able to sneak into the cabin without Jason knowing

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

The mask actually makes you able to sneak into the cabin without Jason knowing

i dont believe you

well trust you

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I've had two ideas on this:

- Tommy Jarvis can't leave if someone is still alive

- if the only living person is a girl, a "trap" spawns on the map and the final girl can lead Jason to it. Final Girl can see the trap, Jason can't. (for example a noose in the barn, chains at the dock, random poo poo just on a road, etc. You just have to get Jason to step in the kill zone.

This obviously means a Jason could still easily go for a 7/7 or 8/8 because you may have to jog across the map and be exposed.

Bonus: cuts down on people sitting in closets for the last 10 minutes

Bonus 2: Final Girl can totally wiff the kill by not accounting for a shift / knives so a good Jason could smell the trap

It'd be kinda cool if the final girl's trap could spawn in the dead center of the lake, so she'd need the boat to get to it or something.

It could be Tina Shepard's undead dad.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gun just updated their terms of service. Primarily updating their list of bannable offenses.
Included on this list are "Deliberate use of Exploits" and "Deliberately Helping Jason".
I'm pretty sure every single person in this thread will be banned for that second one.

Edit: Looked through the detailed list.
"This one is trickier; we will ban the Jason player and those helping Jason for deliberately 'helping' Jason win a match through killing other teammates or working to farm XP."
Chadding remains a safe strategy.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 29, 2017

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

SilverSupernova posted:

Gun just updated their terms of service. Primarily updating their list of bannable offenses.
Included on this list are "Deliberate use of Exploits" and "Deliberately Helping Jason".
I'm pretty sure every single person in this thread will be banned for that second one.

PS4 crew plays honorably

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SilverSupernova posted:

Edit: Looked through the detailed list.
"This one is trickier; we will ban the Jason player and those helping Jason for deliberately 'helping' Jason win a match through killing other teammates or working to farm XP."
Chadding remains a safe strategy.

Yeah but this only really counts if you get reported.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

Yeah but this only really counts if you get reported.

*races to report burk*

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I bring good things to the game, no one would want to ban me

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WoodrowSkillson posted:

PS4 crew plays honorably

Chaddishly: :yeah:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
how do you report people

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Phyresis posted:

how do you report people

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
some idiot fucker was on the pack roof. I shot him at the end with Tommy as we were all running toward the police but the report button is cool too

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I still can't get a hard answer if Jason being able to block stuns is a feature or bug.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Doctor_Acula posted:

I still can't get a hard answer if Jason being able to block stuns is a feature or bug.

Yes.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

i dont believe you

well trust you

He's actually not lying about this.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I never lie, thank you.

I never intentionally lie.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So I was in a game where we got a full car out and it was also the first time I put the battery in. People were standing around asking each other if they had keys. Jason started murdering someone and a Vanessa jumped in and started up the car. She never did say anything but it was a pretty nice escape.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I like to ride in the back seat like a doomed dictator.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Chad rides in the back seat and only refers to the driver as, well, Driver.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

My Steam name is slowpoke so people keep asking if i am a pokemon.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

...and the pitch! posted:

My Steam name is slowpoke so people keep asking if i am a pokemon.

do you respond no after a 10 second pause

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there any rhyme or reason as to where vehicle components and fuses spawn?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Coolguye posted:

do you respond no after a 10 second pause

I'm going to.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gunder posted:

Is there any rhyme or reason as to where vehicle components and fuses spawn?

gently caress no

Never.

You may think there is, you might begin to see a pattern

And then it spawns across the goddamn map in the middle of nowhere because gently caress you. They are in cabins.

Some times, very rarely, some times one of them will not spawn at all.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

• Beat him until the mask falls off.
  • Female counselor stuns Jason with sweater.
  • Jason is struck while being stunned by sweater. (Jason will now drop to his knees)
  • Tommy Jarvis hits "E" with Axe or Machete, needs to be in front of Jason.

So being struck while stunned didn't drop him last night. Don't know if that's just bad luck or what.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Grem posted:

So being struck while stunned didn't drop him last night. Don't know if that's just bad luck or what.

It's not a melee strike, there's a button prompt.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grem posted:

So

Here's the thing

If Jason blocks when you hit him with the sweater, he will not drop to his knees.

If he's already stunned, the sweater won't work.

You have to catch him off guard.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hey if I get the fuse how do I know where to take it?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
After the detour to other slashers it's time for Jason 7.

Now to see if it holds up as my second favorite (after part 5, which is the best horror movie ever in general).

House with blinky red box. As you get close to it, inside or out, there will be a hovering red icon that looks kinda like the fuse.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Burkion posted:

So

Here's the thing

If Jason blocks when you hit him with the sweater, he will not drop to his knees.

If he's already stunned, the sweater won't work.

You have to catch him off guard.

This is what I've been trying to find out from the dev/support teams and am getting no answer.

It seems like Jason's block makes him impervious to everything, and I don't feel like that's right. Once you realize this, firecrackers lose like 70% of their usefulness, and flares almost entirely unless you quickscope his rear end.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jason didn't go to his knees and there was no way he was blocking. But he did the stunned by sweater animation. The girl who had the sweater then hit him with q baseball bat, didn't drop him, actually it did nothing and Jason recovered from the sweater stun. I was Tommy, standing in front of him the whole time, certainly didn't get the prompt.

E: I really wish I'd recorded it because everything went like it was supposed to until then

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

You're supposed to take it to the cabin with the phone and put it in the fuse box outside that cabin, then use the phone to call the police. Ask people where the fuse box/phone is and look for it if no one knows. The box will pop up with a fuse symbol when you get near it.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Apparently each map can spawn as one of four configurations, each one with a predetermined phone location. Notated maps here: https://imgur.com/a/XzfIF

Other things will still be randomized, like which vehicles are available and which of the two locations they'll show up at, as well as where the ham radio is.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

House with blinky red box. As you get close to it, inside or out, there will be a hovering red icon that looks kinda like the fuse.

I've seen it from inside the hut. Dang. I was hoping there would be some clues on the map.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

I've seen it from inside the hut. Dang. I was hoping there would be some clues on the map.

If you spawn inside/near it, You'll know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ComposerGuy posted:

EDIT: Also, as far as "ripoff" goes...F13 was in development before DbD, but released after, for what its worth.

Even before this game's release, I pegged Dead by Daylight for a quickie game that was developed solely because there was a Friday the 13th game coming out. The half-hour I played it over a free weekend it just felt really cheap and barebones, like a shovelware PS2-era game with better graphics and multiplayer. Call me cynical, but I really believe that they tried to get it out the door and into Early Access ASAP to beat Friday the 13th to market.

I really don't like Dead by Daylight and don't get why people ever liked it

• Locked thread