Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That dude is stupidly popular that it's scary. He lives the dream though, gets to visit the parks and make videos. Wish I could do that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

couldcareless posted:

It's hard for me to take people seriously with mustaches like that

You get used to it after a while. It definitely helps him have a brand and get picked for audience participation things at the parks. I completely understand why he has it.

Empress Brosephine posted:

That dude is stupidly popular that it's scary. He lives the dream though, gets to visit the parks and make videos. Wish I could do that!

I'm shocked he still keeps his day job. I know enough about YT to know that he's making decent money. Maybe he's been eschewing sponsors. Or maybe he works at Disney/Universal and so there are perks to staying employed.

Question: My boyfriend *loved* Living with the Land. Next time I'm planning to do the Behind the Seeds tour with him. Is there another tour that gets into similar things? Like about future technology and improving the world? Don't have to limit to plant based tours.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The festivals at Epcot have those type of tours otherwise they're mostly at animal kingdom like caring for giants or backstage tales. The Epcot tours are more backstage

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

I just booked the Ultimate Day of Thrills tour and was wondering if any one has done it recently? According to the Internet they recently changed lunch from a sit-down at Brown Derby to Sunshine Seasons, but wanted to see if you guys had any tips.

Also, I am beginning to worry I'll be waiting in 2+ hour lines for Pandora stuff end of September.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

RE: Volcano Bay and people "of size". Another agent in my agency went to VB last week and said a lot of the slides had a top weight capacity of 200 lbs and that they weigh you once you get to the front of the line for each ride. There is no signage at the entrance of the line telling you what the weight limit is, so you'll have to do the walk of shame back through the line if you're over the limit. This is making me rethink wanting to go there.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Siemens just ended their decade long sponsorship with Disney. Weird. To me this says we're 100% getting a new fireworks show at Epcot amongst all the other changes.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 29, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Braksgirl posted:

RE: Volcano Bay and people "of size". Another agent in my agency went to VB last week and said a lot of the slides had a top weight capacity of 200 lbs and that they weigh you once you get to the front of the line for each ride. There is no signage at the entrance of the line telling you what the weight limit is, so you'll have to do the walk of shame back through the line if you're over the limit. This is making me rethink wanting to go there.

Why would that warning not be on every sign at the line entrance, jesus what a terrible oversight. Inflated lines, guest embarrassment and frustration, just wow.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Braksgirl posted:

According to this person it's a temporary issue until new supports are added

wdwmagic posted:

The 2 serpentine drop slides are the tallest that ProSlide has ever built, and to conform to the layout around the volcano, the ride path, in places, is quite far from the center support structure. They have found that with riders upwards towards 300 lbs. the lateral g's are flexing the supports more than ProSlide is comfortable with. They have reduced the weight limit on these 2 slides to 200 lbs. until they can get beefier supports in the couple of places that are an issue. This is seriously effecting capacity at the drop slides, because everyone over 200 lbs. is queuing for the red straight drop slide causing huge wait times, or just heading to other attractions over loading them. This will be fixed, but it is going to take a little while. Until it's fixed, those under 200 lbs. will find almost no wait on the 2 serpentine slides. So there is that plus.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tim Whatley posted:

Siemens just ended their decade long sponsorship with Disney. Weird. To me this says we're 100% getting a new fireworks show at Epcot amongst all the other changes.

And there goes my childish chuckles on Spaceship Earth.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

couldcareless posted:

And there goes my childish chuckles on Spaceship Earth.

I just hope we don't lose Dame Dench. I love her narration.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I will riot

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Well, this probably means an update to Spaceship Earth. I just wonder what you can do to update it.

...Guardians of the Galaxy: Spaceship Breakout :unsmigghh:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Well, this probably means an update to Spaceship Earth. I just wonder what you can do to update it.

You shut your filthy mouth. If they take out Dame Judi, I will be so sad. I love me some Dame Judi.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I guarantee one thing in new Epcot is gonna include Neil Degrasse Tyson. Spaceship Earth sure fits that bill. Or more appropriately, Mission Space.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Huh. Most people online seem to dislike the current narration (although I think that's more an overall preference for the Jeremy Irons version than hate of her).

That all said losing sponsorships doesn't mean things will change right away. AT&T dropped their sponsorship in 2003 and Siemens didn't start until 2005. Then it wasn't until 2008 that the update finally happened.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
spaceship earth is my favorite ride :( :( dont go away youre so pure :(

also lol how do you hve a ride in this day and age that can't have more than 200 lbs ....do water parks even usually have weight limits? its just a slide

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Also vaguely glanced over in this new blog post but in 2018, the auction scene is getting a complete makeover at Pirates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjchFJQeLkw

quote:

You’ll even discover that a familiar character is playing a new role joining the pirates ranks and helping the local townspeople “unload” their valuables at the Mercado auction. In the U.S., this famous redhead will appear in a similar scene at the Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland park in 2018 following a previously scheduled refurbishment.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
The question nobody wants to ask is do we really need to see people over 200lbs sloshing their exposed rolls as they fly down a slide? The answer is gently caress no.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Don't most men over say 5'11" weigh 200 lb or more? But whatever.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Golfship: Earth, a complete history of the game of golf

Brought to you by Titleist

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Yeah if you're a tall dude you can be over 200 easy.

They also weigh the raft slides right? So you might have to split your party if it's over the weight limit for the raft.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tim Whatley posted:

Also vaguely glanced over in this new blog post but in 2018, the auction scene is getting a complete makeover at Pirates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjchFJQeLkw

I can't imagine the loyalists are very happy about this

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

One thing Spaceship Earth needs is the first scene being a little brighter, or having a better projection. It's barely visible and it's a really cool scene IMO.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Now I have to find that we wants the redhead pin

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Some of the Disney blogs like The DIS have amazing comment sections. THOSE drat PC PEOPLE JUST TURN IT INTO A FROZEN RIDE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

This is awful, just awful. I don't care what side of the political isle your on, this unprecedented level of PC BS needs to stop. They're pirates, not role models. I highly doubt this ride is going to make anyone grow up to be a sex trafficker.

The ride has been open for half a century and I can guarantee you 99.99% of the children who went on it weren't inspired to sell sex slaves because of it. You have to be dumb as a post if you think that one scene played even a small part in influencing the world's sex crimes. It's a piece of entertainment based on a different time and place that works with guests just as well as it did decades ago. In short, the ride is not hurting anyone so there is no need to fix it.

Some feminist group probably got their man panties in a wad and bombarded Disney with lawyers... And you don't find it odd that Snow White lives in the woods with 7 grown dwarfs?

Why can't a redheaded wench live out her days a wench involved in a bridal auction... NO DIFFERENT!

This is just making me more and more angry as I continue to think about it. It's not even remotely funny at all now. The ********* in me tried to make some fun of it but it has now turned into pure anger. I personally think that anyone involved in this, from the top all the way down to the artists that made the drawings, should be fired over this immediately. They've proven their worth and it is but a field of ...

The redhead WANTS to be auctioned. Why would she be smiling during the whole thing?

:rolleyes:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-redhead-is-changing.928716/

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Tim Whatley posted:

Some of the Disney blogs like The DIS have amazing comment sections. THOSE drat PC PEOPLE JUST TURN IT INTO A FROZEN RIDE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT.

Leave the bridal auction, replace the redhead with Anna

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Like, imagine your biggest issue being that a woman instead of a sex slave is shown as empowered on a ride about a group of people who were historically bloodthirsty rapists and murderers

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Richard M Nixon posted:

The question nobody wants to ask is do we really need to see people over 200lbs sloshing their exposed rolls as they fly down a slide? The answer is gently caress no.

I'm 6'2" 225 no fat rolls here, sorry.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

This is the kinda poo poo I live for

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

I guarantee one thing in new Epcot is gonna include Neil Degrasse Tyson. Spaceship Earth sure fits that bill. Or more appropriately, Mission Space.

NDT chuckling to himself and the ride guests: These aren't real people and are actually robots, also time traveling is impossible.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Tim Whatley posted:

Like, imagine your biggest issue being that a woman instead of a sex slave is shown as empowered on a ride about a group of people who were historically bloodthirsty rapists and murderers

No one tell these chucklefucks about the scores of historical lady pirates. They might have a aneurysm.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

couldcareless posted:

This is the kinda poo poo I live for

quote:

This is the worst thing EVER Disney can do!!!! It's unfathomable to me that they are actually making this change. This will not be a classic ride for me anymore. They are getting rid of THE most important scene. I don't get it. Epic fail Disney.

quote:

I've already sent letters to 5 different Disney-related emails. There is a 1% or less chance of reversal but it's that one percent that we have to aim for if we care about the parks and this attraction.

quote:

Not surprised by Disney and their folding to the PC culture that has poisoned this country. They more and more bend to the professionally offended that take advantage of all this. They are same people cheating the system set up for the handicap, bringing non service dogs on planes for attention and just generally using the scared to offend culture to their advantage. They see something they can get changed through fake outrage and feed off he power that gets them. They have that "I want to talk to a manager" hair and enjoy seeing everyone wait on them to complain enough that they get a discount, freebie or coupon.

They are a drain on society, entitled and drive up the costs for everyone.

We need to spend the extra money from price increases to improve attractions that need some TLC, build new experiences and find ways to offer value to the guest.......not bring all the attraction in line with the PC crowds' wants and needs. If you stop catering to the constant complainers then they will shut up and color eventually. If you fold then they learn how to get their way and take advantage.

quote:

where will the pirates find women to raise loving families with now? Not to mention to do the cooking and cleaning??

quote:

I hope that Paris Disney can get those super feminist and totally not oppressive black, polyester burkas on all the female characters too.

A counter point appears:

quote:

There really is nothing more funny or classic than rape. Boy, does rape give me the giggles.

Rape? No its not rape.

quote:

Yeah, 'cuse that's what's happening. Oh, those whacky imagineers...

quote:

So crying means they're being raped? Puppets acting out the violence of rape in front of children, that's what your seeing?

If that's what sets off your buttons, you best stay out of Adventureland, nothing but murder, torture and suicide simulators.

Those imagineers were monsters.

It's Ok... they want it...

quote:

...it's a business transaction, which is why the Redhead is primping for the occasion

Pirates of the Caribbean is literal history!

quote:

So on that note, we should take out the firing of cannons, the burning of the town, the guns, the swords, the drinking, basically just PC the entire ride then ... I understand the poor representation but this was how it was then. Not saying this towards you, but why can't people understand that? People are so quick these days to want to erase history they don't agree with or think it presents a bad image. I'm open to seeing how they handle the change, I'm not totally writing it off, I hope they keep the classic lines, but this sets a bad precedent.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

These are 100% the kind of people who put angry emojis on Facebook posts about pride stuff and complain there's no straight pride parades.

Anyways, gently caress em. Always down for some Pirates upgrades.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I'm all about blood thirsty women pirates selling men for pleasure! I hope that is the change.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Moving to Florida after retiring early and my wife and I are going to get annual passes. I see the different versions and I am not sure if I should get the platinum plus passes or not. I see you get access to a golf course and the ESPN complex but it looked like only special events. I golf and have friends who will be golfing with me but how many days does that include or is admission when ever I want? The wording is a little weird on the website do I get free unlimited golf with it or only on select days?

We already got our Universal annual passes and I am excited to check out Halloween horror nights this year even though you only get one free night for that still the wife is a huge Harry Potter fan so that was worth it alone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Braksgirl posted:

Don't most men over say 5'11" weigh 200 lb or more? But whatever.

I'm 6'2 and weigh around 215 (plus or minus 5 pounds) and I've had my frame called "skinny" before.

This isn't like Forbidden Journey not allowing people with guts the size of toddlers strapped to them to ride. Like, average men are too heavy.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jase1 posted:

Moving to Florida after retiring early and my wife and I are going to get annual passes. I see the different versions and I am not sure if I should get the platinum plus passes or not. I see you get access to a golf course and the ESPN complex but it looked like only special events. I golf and have friends who will be golfing with me but how many days does that include or is admission when ever I want? The wording is a little weird on the website do I get free unlimited golf with it or only on select days?

We already got our Universal annual passes and I am excited to check out Halloween horror nights this year even though you only get one free night for that still the wife is a huge Harry Potter fan so that was worth it alone.

It's admission whenever you want but you have to pay green fees and bring your own gear and it's only Oak Trail. That said it's worth it.

Pro tip: go online and open a capital one online bank account with your Florida address, deposit something like $50, then use that to get the Florida resident discount on the pass. It'll save you like $300.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Zero One posted:

A counter point appears:

Rape? No its not rape.

It's Ok... they want it...

Pirates of the Caribbean is literal history!

I can't wait for the calls for boycott that will go nowhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Richard M Nixon posted:

I'm glad my brain doesn't work like this.