Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

GalacticAcid posted:

I'm under the impression it's a bit more muted in Philly. Pittsburgh it's rough, especially the immediate suburbs. The smaller cities like York and Lanc and poo poo are in the heart of it.

Yeah I'm by Philly. Everyone was real surprised by the Operation Mainline bust so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just not visable yet over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah I'm by Philly. Everyone was real surprised by the Operation Mainline bust so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just not visable yet over here.

Part of it is that Philly's heroin problem is in Kensington etc, and "inner city" drug problems are just taken as a matter of course unfortunately

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Frijolero posted:

Tim Kaine in the membrane, Tim Kaine in the brain.

A real thing paid for by democrat pacs.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Isn't it shown that only around 5% of people who are exposed to opioids get addicted? Why are there so many addiction problems then?

anime was right posted:

no, health care rates even in the good states are rising, including california. around 10-15% per year. my premiums went up by around 30 dollars per month this year and i was paying around 275 per month last year. i checked to make sure i wasnt going insane and that was actually par in the biggest blue states.

Jesus loving Christ!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

punk rebel ecks posted:

Jesus loving Christ!

ya im insanely lucky ythats not even 10% of my after-tax income :| i cant imagine how someone making less than me but outside the premium range pays for this poo poo. im also a single healthy young person, i cant imagine paying for healthcare with a full family as a sole provider...

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

punk rebel ecks posted:

Isn't it shown that only around 5% of people who are exposed to opioids get addicted? Why are there so many addiction problems then?

5% of like half the drat country is still a shitload of people

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Frijolero posted:

I have to backtrack. Reducing wasteful spending is definitely good, but you don't make it the central loving pillar of your hot new campaign.

Obama made it the central pillar of his presidency

punk rebel ecks posted:

Jesus loving Christ!

the healthcare market is profoundly sick and the government absolutely refuses to do anything to rein in prices

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Main Paineframe posted:

the healthcare market is profoundly sick and the government absolutely refuses to do anything to rein in prices

the republicans want to basically do whatever gives rich people the biggest tax cut and the democrats need a super mega MAGA majority to ruthlessly compromise with the republicans and do whatever gives rich people the biggest tax cut while offering a token gesture to people who are 50x below the federal poverty guidelines and nobody else

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I can't get over the post he quoted lmao

ossof's entire economic message was "I did a business and can do an economy, and we should make the minimum wage a uh good one" that's not a loving platform

the neoliberal economic platform is pure unvarnished elitism and it used to be a good enough one during the clinton boom but then the people spouting that message caused a crash and ten-year recession and they still dont get that now people think they're full of poo poo when they claim to be the experts lol

obama, bernie, trump are the only politicians in years to campaign on an economic platform beyond "i am really smart and i will fix it" (this was obviously a large part of trump's platform but he went beyond it by proposing specific things like a dumb immigration crackdown)

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Serf posted:

the state is like the universe. we want to expand it and expand it until the state is everything, and when everything is the state nothing is and we will have reached the heat-death of government

:vince: :ussr:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

e

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shear Modulus posted:

the neoliberal economic platform is pure unvarnished elitism and it used to be a good enough one during the clinton boom but then the people spouting that message caused a crash and ten-year recession and they still dont get that now people think they're full of poo poo when they claim to be the experts lol

obama, bernie, trump are the only politicians in years to campaign on an economic platform beyond "i am really smart and i will fix it" (this was obviously a large part of trump's platform but he went beyond it by proposing specific things like a dumb immigration crackdown)

he said hed bring our jobs back and hated trade deals; if he hadnt said that he probably wouldnt have won lol

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Main Paineframe posted:

Obama's such a dipshit

Reminder that he pushed for the TPP until the last few weeks of his presidency.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Donald Trump went to factory workers and promised them jobs. He told them big corporations were stupid and he was going to force them to bring back jobs.

Donald Trump won the presidency.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

pretty good post up at newrepublic from sarah jones on democrats' annoying rear end email campaigns

thank god someone is talking about this poo poo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
remember when obummer rolled his eyes when a reporter asked him about clinton's supposed opposition to tpp

lol

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

anime was right posted:

ya im insanely lucky ythats not even 10% of my after-tax income :| i cant imagine how someone making less than me but outside the premium range pays for this poo poo. im also a single healthy young person, i cant imagine paying for healthcare with a full family as a sole provider...

I don't have health insurance because it is significantly cheaper for me to just pay out of pocket once in a blue moon and the $600 annual penalty.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

5% of like half the drat country is still a shitload of people

5% of people who have ever used opioids. Not the entire country.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/880500719031341056

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

thank god someone is talking about this poo poo

sarah jones is good

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

Holy poo poo its actually getting that bad? I live in the midwest but in the area with more Walter Whites than Lou Reeds.

remember the height of the AIDS crisis? this is worse

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

deadgoon posted:

i wanna dive face first into a big ol bag of fentanyl

imagine a fenatyl airbag! you hit a wall and pfooosh

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

punk rebel ecks posted:

ive got some bad news about the amount of people in the US with opiod prescriptions

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Love too grow government bigger

(in rita repulsa voice) MAKE MY GOVERNMENT GROW

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/Mickle_Jim/status/871425473359867904

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/880524922862407682

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I'll raise ya
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/880493181313441792

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

so, julian assange is anti-communist right?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Condiv posted:

so, julian assange is anti-communist right?

he's quite right wing

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

GalacticAcid posted:

he's quite right wing

just wanted to make sure. i could see julian being incompetent and trying to defend communism by saying it don't need human rights

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

assange used to be some sort of libertarian but got turned to the far-right and pro-putin by russian spooks who took advantage of his cabin fever

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Pope Francis: Labor unions are essential to society

quote:

"There is no good society without a good union, and there is no good union that isn't reborn every day in the peripheries, that doesn't transform the rejected stones of the economy into corner stones," the pope said on June 28 during an audience with Italian union leaders.

"There is no justice together if it isn't together with today's excluded ones," he told members of the Italian Confederation of Union Workers.

Unions, he said, risk losing their "prophetic nature" when they mimic the very institutions they are called to challenge, he said. "Unions over time have ended up resembling politicians too much, or rather political parties, their language, their style."

Labor unions must guard and protect workers, but also defend the rights of those "outside the walls," particularly those who are retired and the excluded who are "also excluded from rights and democracy."

Pope Francis denounced situations in which children are forced to work rather than being allowed to study, which is the "only good 'job' for children."

:getin:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

francis for president 2020: no worse on abortion than tim kaine

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

it's going to be fun when it comes time for them to make that call on what matters to them more: lower taxes for themselves w/ the same lovely, repressive economy or social justice

it's the former

WJ has been struggling with this for a while with no clear answer yet

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

:bernin:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Lots of people are prescribed opioids. Chances are, if you complain about pain or have even a minor surgery, you're going home with some opiate painkillers.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Why doesn't Europe have this opioid problem?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why doesn't Europe have this opioid problem?

because european doctors probably dont hand out oxycontin like candy on halloween

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

because european doctors probably dont hand out oxycontin like candy on halloween

European junkies have a functional healthcare system to rely on

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
europe also has more robust public health resources for treating addiction so it doesn't spiral into OD territory as often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

he's right
*accelerationishly*

• Locked thread