Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

I like how MoMA doesn't answer those kind of questions anymore :allears:

I still want to know what his most anticipated feature in 3.0 is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

big nipples big life posted:

I still want to know what his most anticipated feature in 3.0 is

Seamless Space <--> Planetoid Landing.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

So, like KSP, but without even in the slightest shred of a hint of anything that could be remotely considered realistic or actual gameplay?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Hav posted:

Except those two buildings that the port authority put up. Luckily they were demolished around the start of the century. I can go through some lists, but to be honest, I'm not going to defend what Britain has become by pointing out where you're wrong, because you're just doing that 'everyone follows the rules' thing that looks ridiculous when poo poo falls over and explodes.

You literally 9/11d US fire code.

lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

Not MoMa, but just try and stop me having an opinion.

You have to show _no justification_ for unjust enrichment, and that's not going to fly here. They have significant history of attempting to do _something_ that just needs to pass muster with a judge. There needs to be a lot more than a vague suspicion or a single blog post to allow for 'piercing the corporate veil'.

We've talked about the very high bar to prove fraud, and nothing so far has actually changed.

No you do not.

And the standard has nothing to do with "attempting to do something", and that has no relevance.

Unjust Enrichment is a simple cause of action that says you made a profit off something that you shouldn't. In this case, it could be something as simple as an inflated pay check, bonus etc. Anything that shows the made more money than is standard, instead of putting into the project, will qualify. See Lily drone fiasco.

That's why this particular cause of action almost always appears in lawsuits which involve monetary damages, fraud etc.

Unjust Enrichment Cause Of Action - California

quote:

1. Receipt of a benefit at the expense of another; and

2. Unjust retention of the benefit.

“[A] benefit is conferred not only when one adds to the property of another, but also when one saves the other from expense or loss.” Ghirardo v. Antonioli, 14 Cal. 4th 39, 51 (1996).
“The person receiving the benefit is required to make restitution only if the circumstances are such that, as between the two individuals, it is unjust for the person to retain it.” First Nationwide Savings v. Perry, 11 Cal. App. 4th 1657, 1662-63 (1992).

“‘Unjust Enrichment’ does not describe a theory of recovery, but an effect: the result of a failure to make restitution under circumstances where it is equitable to do so.” Lauriedale Associates, Ltd. v. Wilson, 7 Cal. App. 4th 1439, 1448 (1992).

Unjust enrichment “is based on the idea that ‘one person should not be permitted unjustly to enrich himself at the expense of another, but should be required to make restitution of or for property or benefits received, retained, or appropriated, where it is just and equitable that such restitution be made, and where such action involves no violation or frustration of law or opposition to public policy, either directly or indirectly.’” County of San Bernardino v. Walsh, 158 Cal. App. 4th 533, 542 (2007) (citing Dinosaur Development, Inc. v. White, 216 Cal. App. 3d 1310, 1315 (1989)).

With regard to the misappropriation of trade secrets under California’s Uniform Trade Secrets Act, California Civil Code sections 3426, et seq. “[a] complainant also may recover for the unjust enrichment caused by misappropriation that is not taken into account in computing damages for actual loss.” Cal. Civ. Code § 3426.3(a) (2013).

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 29, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

What a completely loaded post Derek; please put more effort into this next time. Piercing cases are not ALWAYS successful. In fact, they have less than a 50% success rate when tried. And, the bar for providing unjust enrichment is incredibly high. Source: Cornell, Berkeley, and many other empirical studies performed in the last two decades. Doesn't matter because it'll never get there - there's no need for legal action since they're not doing anything illegal.

Chris Roberts should sell a spaceship for lawyers.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

that's actually now coming in 4.0

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

No you do not.

And the standard has nothing to do with "attempting to do something", and that has no relevance.

Unjust Enrichment is a simple cause of action that says you made a profit off something that you shouldn't. In this case, it could be something as simple as an inflated pay check, bonus etc. Anything that shows the made more money than is standard, instead of putting into the project, will qualify. See Lily drone fiasco.

That's why this particular cause of action almost always appears in lawsuits which involve monetary damages, fraud etc.

Unjust Enrichment Cause Of Action - California

I especially like the part where an armchair-lawyer is telling a real lawyer facts about law.

If only there was someone who would tweet about what we should do with armchair lawyers...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I especially like the part where an armchair-lawyer is telling a real lawyer facts about law.

If only there was someone who would tweet about what we should do with armchair lawyers...

Cast Iron TOS.

List your ships this poo poo is boring.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

that's actually now coming in 4.0

but 4.0 isn't coming :ohdear:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MoMA do you think 4 hours is too long for a submarine movie?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

What a completely loaded post Derek; please put more effort into this next time. Piercing cases are not ALWAYS successful. In fact, they have less than a 50% success rate when tried. And, the bar for providing unjust enrichment is incredibly high. Source: Cornell, Berkeley, and many other empirical studies performed in the last two decades. Doesn't matter because it'll never get there - there's no need for legal action since they're not doing anything illegal.

I don't recall anyone saying they were doing anything illegal as per this loan. Do you know something that we don't?

Also, 50% huh? Please cite your sources. Thanks!

ps

http://markjkohler.com/piercing-the-corporate-veil-and-protecting-yourself/

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

I don't recall anyone saying they were doing anything illegal as per this loan. Do you know something that we don't?

Also, 50% huh? Please cite your sources. Thanks!

I did. Read my responses again - this time s l o w l y.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Is that why you keep doing it?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Didn't MOMA say that if they didn't show 3.0 by mid-summer he would be worried?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Eldragon posted:

Didn't MOMA say that if they didn't show 3.0 by mid-summer he would be worried?

I said June/July. AFAIK, it's still on schedule.

edit: wasn't the first day of summer like a week ago?

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

XK posted:

Christianpost again? I know that's where I go to get all my Star Citizen news.

At least they know the readership will believe any old shite...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

MoMA, where's 3.0?

Tomorrow night?

tick tock tick tock

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

is it mid-year yet

XK
Jul 9, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Totally still on schedule.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"circulmventing"

:allears:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

Pretty sure you said PTU Testing VERY SOON EXPECT RELEASE IN JUNE. Welp :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
QUOTE THE poo poo OUTTA MY POST, I STICK TO MY GUNS :smugfucker:

*6 Months Later*

PRETTY SURE I DIDN'T SAY THOSE EXACT WORDS :furiousbackpedalling:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lawyer (by day).

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

big nipples big life posted:

going by the list of responses i'm going with thread telephone game

kinda bummed tbh :(

I just woke up and I'm on my phone, so I'm not going looking for it, but I remember it and it was in one of those videos he does with his fat rear end wife. And she sounded just as unbelieving of this claim as anyone with half a brain would.

E:

Blue Cross Blue Balls posted:

Ben said he played through the SQ42 on 1 of those bensday with batgirl or whatever it's name is on Youtube.

^^^^

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 29, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I really like the part where some anon dude* on the Internet is claiming to be a "real lawyer", without even a hint of alarm that such a self-own would illicit :shrug:

* the same dude who was once touting a "platinum coated ToS" put out by a company actively running a scam

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

#neverforget

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

I really like the part where some anon dude* on the Internet is claiming to be a "real lawyer", without even a hint of alarm that such a self-own would illicit :shrug:

* the same dude who was once touting a "platinum coated ToS" put out by a company actively running a scam

I never said I was lawyer, nor am I Toast. I believe Hav once revealed he was an attorney, and my comment was directed to your reply of his response.

You have reading comprehension issues.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Except that it's actually not on schedule? After the delays, the current release date "window" is now July 27th. Right.

So should we start worrying now, or wait until July 28th?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Except that it's actually not on schedule? After the delays, the current release date "window" is now July 27th. Right.

So should we start worrying now, or wait until July 28th?

It'll be in evocati's hands early July.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

AP posted:

List your ships this poo poo is boring.

peter gabriel posted:

It's hard to put into words just how consistently poo poo the game is, you really have to experience it. Things like doors are just on another level of broken, because they are things that are supposed to do something. Like ladders, anything that is meant to be something you interact with is broken.

If I had to put together a list of things that are working well, time after time I couldn't - and that's without any hyperbole or exaggeration. Everything is hosed. I love it.

The inevitable consequences of CryEngine.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

"circulmventing"

LOL!! Those butt-hurt pricks. Who is circumventing a ban? They do realize that OSC was unbanned by Reddit admins, right? And that shortly after that, the /r/StarCitizen mods decided to ban him from their sub-Red anyway?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why do you think this is true when basically every date they've ever given they've missed?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Maw posted:

Why do you think this is true when basically every date they've ever given they've missed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qz_b1di3i8

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

Can we quote the poo poo out of this if we want?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I never said I was lawyer, nor am I Toast. I believe Hav once revealed he was an attorney, and my comment was directed to your reply of his response.

You have reading comprehension issues.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lawyer (by day).
I'm up for anything at night.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

This is a good answer and I guess I'm on team moma now

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's six months late already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:lol:

I want to be a space lawyer = I am a lawyer in real life in the mind of Dr. Dr. Derek Smart.