Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Next NBC hire will be Matt Drudge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Anime is stupid.

Also there's like a billion Sonic fanfics so that dilemma is bullshit.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

promote my waifu nicole wallace :3:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

KickerOfMice posted:

Dubya wasn't stupid, he just also was not clever.

True. Though I'd say that Bush Sr. was probably the only Smart GOP president in my lifetime.

Reagan was hella dumb.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

PhazonLink posted:

Anime is stupid.

Actually, it's pronounced anime (Ah-Nee-May).

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Same Great Paste posted:

Okay honest question - what would happen if Trump just laughs off the subpoena (or tries to)?

Absolutely nothing, just like when Obama and Holder did the same thing.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Same Great Paste posted:

Okay honest question - what would happen if Trump just laughs off the subpoena (or tries to)?

Probably the White House lawyers would put in a bunch of claims of secrecy for executive privilege and national security, and it would get tied up in the court for six months.

I mean, that is normally what would happen.

If the White House just said a flat "no", for no reason, then that would indeed be a constitutional crisis.

So far, Trump has been doing unconstitutional things with constitutional cover, and that is why we only "concerned" from the Republican Party. Him doing something clearly unconstitutional would be a clear constitutional crisis.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

And just like that I'm a patriot again.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's like a title drop in a movie. Which means we're all living in the movie "Fake. CNN. Fake News."

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

PhazonLink posted:

Anime is stupid.

baka gaijin

:colbert:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

KickerOfMice posted:

Dubya wasn't stupid, he just also was not clever.

Chris Hitchens' wit hasn't aged all that well into the current era, but he was spot-on when he called Dubya "incurious." Not stupid, just...incredibly intellectually lazy.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The reactions online to that insane NRA ad are astounding. Yes, my little Red Hats, they said "arm yourself with the truth". How high are you to not recognize the subtext there?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Majorian posted:

Chris Hitchens' wit hasn't aged all that well into the current era, but he was spot-on when he called Dubya "incurious." Not stupid, just...incredibly intellectually lazy.

Hitchens would've fit in like the Dave Rubin/Sam Harris mold nowadays and he would've been the smartest and best writer of the 3 but still an rear end in a top hat.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This almost sounds less like utter gibberish than usual, but what it's grasping at is an attempt to coherently state an incredibly stupid and incorrect point. I swear he barely knows what is going on at any given moment, and I'd be stunned if he could define the word 'draconian.'

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

This almost sounds less like utter gibberish than usual, but what it's grasping at is an attempt to coherently state an incredibly stupid and incorrect point. I swear he barely knows what is going on at any given moment, and I'd be stunned if he could define the word 'draconian.'

thats' where all those otherkin wanted to have a secret island fortress where they jump ahead hundreds of years in technology right

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The reactions online to that insane NRA ad are astounding. Yes, my little Red Hats, they said "arm yourself with the truth". How high are you to not recognize the subtext there?

"Respond to our enemies with a clenched fist" was the part that dropped my jaw irl. It's exactly what you'd expect to see in an establishing shot to set the tone for a science fiction film set in a totalitarian police state.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

Failing dragons claim their scales are impenetrable! Actually have weak spot underneath! Fire breath just hot air! SAD!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Skippy Granola posted:

Hannity goes from network to network like a ronin, saying nice things about the president so he stops picking on them, then moves on

Does he wear two wrist watches like war criminal Allen West?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Hitchens would've fit in like the Dave Rubin/Sam Harris mold nowadays and he would've been the smartest and best writer of the 3 but still an rear end in a top hat.

Well-put. He certainly helped normalize Islamophobia and made it seem "acceptable" among "public intellectuals."

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

FizFashizzle posted:

oh good i'm not the only one who's shamefully attracted to her

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Someone from the Trump administration will say "the president already tweeted that he doesn't have tapes" and that will be the end of it. It's not like they are going to get a search warrant for the White House.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

They've been having her fill in for BriWi at rear end'o'clock, and she's actually not half bad. They should just give her that show and put Williams back in the freezer until they need to drag him out again to jerk off over the next round of missiles Trump fires into an empty parking lot.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nicole Wallace is great because she can get anyone and she just spends the whole time bitching about the bush administration.

I get a "no cocktails before three" vibe from her.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Eltoasto posted:

Don't worry! I am sure the state department did all the proper legwork to make sure China isn't upset.

Tillerson looked so peaceful, they didn't want to wake him up.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ari Melber is taking her 6 PM slot apparently.

https://twitter.com/emilyjanefox/status/880513676607926274

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think ari lives there.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

And nothing of value was lost.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

How long was this even on? Did she make it... multiple months? I feel like I only just heard about this poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The worse Ari.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Four years later and MSNBC finally gets around to apologizing to Ari for mistakenly sticking him in the remedial class with the glue eaters on The Cycle.

Nice.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/880518181571485697

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I was walking by a TV set to a finance channel not more than an hour ago and Trump was up there talking about how coal miners are back to work just like he promised. I was doing a job at the time so I didn't get a chance to watch the speech. Not having any luck finding an article about that speech yet because it's either too soon for the reporters to have written a story, or everyone is too distracted with the face-lift comment. Did anyone catch that segment? I was curious about the details.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Clickhole is the humour we need for today's world

Clickhole posted:

Aaron’s amazing day with the Caped Crusader began when Senator McConnell stepped into his hospital room in an authentic Batman costume and said in a deep, gravelly voice, “I am the Batman. I hear there’s a brave little hero in here who’s currently burdening the taxpayers of Gotham City with medicine he hasn’t earned! We need to get you out of this hospital as soon as possible!”

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Lacrosse posted:

I was walking by a TV set to a finance channel not more than an hour ago and Trump was up there talking about how coal miners are back to work just like he promised. I was doing a job at the time so I didn't get a chance to watch the speech. Not having any luck finding an article about that speech yet because it's either too soon for the reporters to have written a story, or everyone is too distracted with the face-lift comment. Did anyone catch that segment? I was curious about the details.

It was an energy speech where he somehow managed to go on a CNN fake news tangent. A couple of users have posted twitter clips of it on the past few pages.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There was a brief period during the initial enforcement of the Muslim Ban where Trump ICE was ignoring court orders. The courts and Congress rely on the executive to enforce orders so an executive refusal to comply would be one really good way to cause a Constitutional crisis.

I thought that was them being slow and people jumped right to concluding it was a coup

Sloober posted:

thats' where all those otherkin wanted to have a secret island fortress where they jump ahead hundreds of years in technology right

No it's exploding dragon men in a Mormon wizard world

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Well yeah that's to be expected.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Javes posted:

That Clinton ad displays how the democrats ad strategy needs to be completely reworked. People need a reason to vote FOR a candidate, a la Jeremy Corbyn.

Watch the last 20 seconds dumbo.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

FizFashizzle posted:

Well yeah that's to be expected.

Honestly I thought the GOP plan w/r/t benefits and welfare programs was to wait until the Boomers were dead and then just get rid of it all. Like hasn't that been the traditional understanding?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

JeffersonClay posted:

Watch the last 20 seconds dumbo.

The last 20 seconds are of her drawing a "fit to be president" contrast between herself and Trump. It's the same general argument as the first 40 seconds: "vote for me because I'm not Trump."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That was the best presser in this administration. They treated Huckabee like a stupid child.

Also it looks like they are refusing to call on CNN

• Locked thread