Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Why would anyone want a trash game like Sunshine in hd when Super Mario 64 HD exists.

(imgur compression is ruining my loving day and sure i guess Sunshine in dolphin at 1080p looks fantastic too but it's still a garbage mario game.)

what is this garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Mahoning posted:

Everyone should buy a screen protector for their Switch. And also a fanny pack and pocket protector too.

Ugh, I would give you a wedgie so bad irl right now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

what is this garbage

It looks worse than the original textures.:lol:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vikar Jerome posted:

Why would anyone want a trash game like Sunshine in hd when Super Mario 64 HD exists.

(imgur compression is ruining my loving day and sure i guess Sunshine in dolphin at 1080p looks fantastic too but it's still a garbage mario game.)

This looks like poo poo lol

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Wait, nintendo literally takes your money if you happen to click a small innocuous thing on your account?

I read somewhere that changing regions nullifies your balance but I haven't actually looked into it or verified this in any way.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Your heroes always betray you in the end.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mahoning posted:

Everyone should buy a screen protector for their Switch. And also a fanny pack and pocket protector too.

Now that I think about it, fanny packs were ahead of their time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Ometeotl posted:

Shitgeru Myassmoto indeed.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Shadow225 posted:

Who do I tweet to get the Seiken Denistu collection in English?

Rumor has it @miltonpoint is an international power player.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Don’t get a screen protector, just get a case for it so it’s covered when you’re not using it.

I bought a Switch a couple weeks ago and the dock is bent in and rubs hard edges against the screen so I feel a lot better using it with a screen protector

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Just checkin' in to say GoNNER is hella fun and well worth $10. Hard though... but the learning curve is pretty quick.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tumbleseed Hard, The Perfect Run hard, or Ninja Gaiden Hard?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Frustrating unenjoyable hard.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

Confirmed for the only correct choice.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Frustrating unenjoyable hard.

So Tumbleseed

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I didn't find it frustrating or unenjoyable, I just found that your platforming had to be on point to succeed. Then again, my current high score is only like 97. I had never even seen a trailer of the game before today.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Didn't they just patch tumbleseed?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chernabog posted:

Didn't they just patch tumblessed?

On PC. I think Switch is coming later.

For me, I actually enjoyed it as is. I never got past the second level though I got close, but getting a little higher was very satisfying.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

who wants 2 join my christian splatoon 2 competitive gaming clan (no swears allowed)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why does the OP still list Mario Kart and Arms as coming soon?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Biggest reason I'm happy I got a glass screen protector is that glass has a nicer feel than plastic when using it for a touch screen.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

who wants 2 join my christian splatoon 2 competitive gaming clan (no swears allowed)

Can I booyah

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

inferis posted:

Can I booyah

you can booyah, fudge, frick and crud

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ostentatious posted:

you can booyah, fudge, frick and crud

what about shut the front door

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'm starting to worry that this eshop is not just a place holder. It's a tragedy after how amazing the Wii U eshop was. I need the music. I live for the music. Give me the music.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

only if everyone else is a chrisitian

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

EpicNemesis posted:

I'm starting to worry that this eshop is not just a place holder. It's a tragedy after how amazing the Wii U eshop was. I need the music. I live for the music. Give me the music.

I hate when I click on a link in the News section and it takes me to the eshop, but it only lists the game that the news blurb was about, and there is no way to go to the normal eshop without backing all the way out back to the home screen and clicking on eshop. If I was already in the eshop, why not let me go to the main page?

So I hope it isn't.

Also, I type eshop 4 times and it wasn't until the 5th time that it didn't auto-correct it to "shop". Stupid computer.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ohtsam posted:

Biggest reason I'm happy I got a glass screen protector is that glass has a nicer feel than plastic when using it for a touch screen.

This is the biggest advantage (other than protection obvs) of the glass screen protector. The glass feels so smooth and awesome.

I would argue it's a quality of life improvement. Yes, I would argue that the glass screen protector is perfect for the switch :great:

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

I got an email survey from Nintendo today, about Animal Crossing.

They asked a lot of questions about mobile games.

Sorry guys, next Animal Crossing is a micro-transaction cash cow opportunity for your phone.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ometeotl posted:

LMAO he just drew a blooper

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Fly with me posted:

Sorry guys, next Animal Crossing is a micro-transaction cash cow opportunity for your phone.

we knew that already.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fly with me posted:

Yea, when there was zero mention of it at E3, even the mobile game, I figured it was on its way to become a microtransaction smartphone game in its next proper iteration. Bummer.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ometeotl posted:

You're dead to me, Shiggy

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Not a Children posted:

You're dead to me, Shiggy

Wasn't he the guy who walked by and said 'make some cute characters or ima put mario in this game' thus leading to the creation of the squid sisters?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Create your own characters or I'm gonna put mario all up in this poo poo and MAKE it sell millions!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Switch version of Binding of Isaac confirmed good and it's pretty cathartic to absolutely wreck shop in that game after beating it so much elsewhere.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cool blog post by Bill T about the different style of Mario games and the design philosophy behind them.

https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/post/161799433482/whats-in-a-box

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I had my Switch coated in spray-on truck bed liner.

It overheats after 30 minutes and I can't see the screen, but this gives me and my family the kind of peace of mind that we need in this unpredictable, frightening world we live in.

There was an entire episode of Mythbusters dedicated to the Godlike material that is spray on bedliner so this seems like a good decision actually (not actually).

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
I ride my switch down the concrete stairs Legolas style every morning on the way to work and it's still pristine, no protector needed.

Maybe I'll get one just for the feel though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
You gotta jump, THEN pull your switch out

• Locked thread