Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Didn't someone mention that as a coalition of the three together the FCs are the biggest and most active the game has?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
TPT has beachfront property, situated at The Best Plot In The Entire Mists, not like those other losers in the Goblet.

We'll be moving to a weeb mansion when that opens up, and I dare say that it will actually be a minor downgrade in terms of having bell, trash vendor, and market board so close to the current house.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 29, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
And beachfront tents that are stupid and you can't stand on them.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Hello friends, my static's Samurai wandered off and vanished into thin air. I need a new melee dps to replace them. Ideally a Ninja or another Samurai, but I'm flexible. I'd vastly prefer someone who is already 70 in that job, but if you're at least 60 in it I'm happy to help you play catch up.

Our days are Sunday, Monday & Thursday, with 2 lockouts per night and a break in between, staring at 8 PM EST (1 AM server time). Will be cutting a day out once content is on farm. Check the recruitment post on Catgirl Bargains for more information: https://catgirl.bargains/topic/53-thals-balls/

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The beach chairs are dumb and can't be /sit in, either, but that's neither here nor there.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm gonna miss the afk wall when we move.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I assume that DGKK just can't get enough of buying and selling things, hence their house location right next to the market board

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I think it would be great if all three FCs could snag 28, 29, and 30 all in one ward in Shirogane. Just section off that entire part as goon territory.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I think it would be great if all three FCs could snag 28, 29, and 30 all in one ward in Shirogane. Just section off that entire part as goon territory.

pbc is not moving because then new players couldn't access the house, iirc.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Tsurupettan posted:

New players and non-stormblood players can reach the Kugane housing districts.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tsurupettan posted:

I think they've explicitly said this won't be the case. You won't be able to take the boat to Kugane until you do the quest, but you can teleport to your FC's house no problem.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Tsurupettan posted:

Anyone can access the new housing zones.

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Just made it to level 61.. really enjoying the new content and leveling seems to have improved from my previous playing experience.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
RE: Spell Tier Names

I wasn't trying to imply that the numbered system was ideal, but it sounds like the traditional names had more issues.

Trying to name things in such a way as to cater to people who aren't even trying is a lost cause, of course. In recognizing that though, on the other end of things, sticking with an old and storied naming scheme just because it's always been that way is silly too.

I think their comments also refer to the fact that the names start getting out of hand by the 4th tier and it's too hard to delineate the tiers in a satisfactory way without making it cumbersome or confusing. It also starts to trap you since god forbid you make any further tiers.

Both the numbered scheme and the ra/ga method are implying a build upon the lower tier, be it by AOE or enhanced potency or something else, but the numbers have fewer future trappings and a clearer divide. It's something I can respect them for changing in the face of tradition/legacy. It shows the amount of thought they put into ARR+, everything got put through the wash.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 29, 2017

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

then i don't remember what the reason for pbc not moving was!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

then i don't remember what the reason for pbc not moving was!

I believe that was the reason PBC wasn't planning on moving, but I don't know if that's changed recently.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The reason PBC was not planning on moving was because even though FC members could teleport to the FC house, new players who were looking to APPLY to the FC would not be able to reach Shirogane, in order to use the FC board (located at the house) to apply.

Now, I don't know if there are other ways to apply, or if even FC-less new players can make their way over to Shirogane somehow, but that's what was up last I heard.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SettingSun posted:

Didn't someone mention that as a coalition of the three together the FCs are the biggest and most active the game has?

please start a new OF thread where we ask why the FC cap is 512 and then have all pubbies tell us to stop recruiting anyone with a pulse. Good times.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

CuddlyZombie posted:

The reason PBC was not planning on moving was because even though FC members could teleport to the FC house, new players who were looking to APPLY to the FC would not be able to reach Shirogane, in order to use the FC board (located at the house) to apply.

Now, I don't know if there are other ways to apply, or if even FC-less new players can make their way over to Shirogane somehow, but that's what was up last I heard.

you can apply if you see a character in game and right click on them.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

We should be allowed to merge our fcs (friend companies) into a gc (goon company)

E: what npc would be our gc leader?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Alphinaud

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cute Courtesan

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Nashu

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Cute Courtesan

I already said that

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

hilda

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Man I'm glad I had those pubbies there to help me, oh--

:laffo:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

We should be allowed to merge our fcs (friend companies) into a gc (goon company)

Minfilla or Lyse

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
sub 600 as a red mage? what the gently caress?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

sub 600 as a red mage? what the gently caress?

3 deaths

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Tataru is the most capable

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Haquer posted:

Man I'm glad I had those pubbies there to help me, oh--

:laffo:

Is that low of a parse even possible on rdm? I'm gonna go home and full cast Veraero for a while to see. I can imagine that less than 300 Is probably literally just autoattacking

E: oh they were casting verfloor

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

says 1 death on the 599 one

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I died because I assumed the healers were competent, started using Third Eye -> Merciful Eyes later to assist

They had to fire off an LB3 to res me and several others because they couldn't figure out such hard mechanics as Stack Up or Avoid The Big loving Lines That Kill You

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Can I just sum up that parse with this?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Oxyclean posted:

Memedesu

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mechanics people can't grasp:

"If you have a purple marker over your head please don't stand in the middle of the party."
"If you have a swirling marker on you please don't move."
"The person is always in the 4th rock."
"Please look for the cloud before dodging.."

Mechanics people can grasp:
"I'm gonna block that loving sword so hard."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
How did SE seriously not figure out the "it's always the rock at the bottom of the threat list" thing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ImpAtom posted:

Mechanics people can't grasp:

"If you have a purple marker over your head please don't stand in the middle of the party."
"If you have a swirling marker on you please don't move."
"The person is always in the 4th rock."
"Please look for the cloud before dodging.."

Mechanics people can grasp:
"I'm gonna block that loving sword so hard."

I know it's not exactly easy but Susano EX is easy enough that even I can clear it without dying (well unless skullfucked by the triple mechanic wombo combo) so I'm continually amazed when other mechanics there get mucked

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Countblanc posted:

How did SE seriously not figure out the "it's always the rock at the bottom of the threat list" thing

I wouldn't be surprised if it is some limitation on the threat system where it always end up on the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
There's a decent chance they noticed, but either couldn't fix it or figured it didn't matter, since they can't outlaw all the other ways you can bypass having to actually pay attention to the mechanic.

Not like paying attention is that much harder, anyway.