Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hahahaha oh no obey and I just became friends! What the hell happened?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Beet Wagon posted:

How many reddit accounts will fall in the name of Star Citizen?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Incitatus posted:

youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron space game altriusm. your legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as you raced from your belt cabinet to the computer room to let people know that your self appointed ambassadorial duties plus the time and money you spent trying to justify purchasing more professional jpegs of ersatz retard spaceships were all part of your incredible joke. you cannot save face or be even remotely not gay.

This post has had me laughing for a good time now

God drat

'legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone nstyle' loving lol well played incitatus

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't think we can be friends anymore if this is how you treat them

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Good man.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Mr.Tophat posted:

This post has had me laughing for a good time now

God drat

'legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone nstyle' loving lol well played incitatus

Sadly I cannot take credit for this. Was originally Triticumguzzler in the Doobie thread, but it's pretty apt in regards to Star Citizen.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Crap--I have to wait ten minutes to ask Gremlich if he is a Line of Defense player or a sociopath...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

loving lol, hey obey-the-fist, archive this:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

"Here's my first impression of Star Citizen" and the :gary: triple every second after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQ3L_WjR9c&t=1256s

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Incitatus posted:

Sadly I cannot take credit for this. Was originally Triticumguzzler in the Doobie thread, but it's pretty apt in regards to Star Citizen.

Recycled jokes

piled high

Thanks for sharing the gold

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

lmao

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

That's two accounts we've killed this month.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sincerely asking here, someone explain why the redditor getting banned is funny? I don't read 99% of the reddit screenshots, nor do I have any inclination to understand that place, but I feel a great disturbance in the force like that jedi did, you know, like Obi-two Cannoli did in that Star Fite movie

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey 100+ new posts in the star citizen thread

Space Crabs posted:

Every time something like this comes up ManofManyAliases comes to the thread to argue the most petty semantics and Derek bites devolving into a 50,000 post treatise on what specific words mean in each others posts.

MoMA can argue with every single letter of the loan documents with Derek until the sun is extinguished and the universe reaches maximum entropy in ten trillion years and two computers with their consciousness uploaded blink at eachother a final time in a futile effort to win the argument as the last act of life in the universe.

Hey someone please go back and find the MoMA quote where he said summer 2017 was his "oh poo poo moment" where he would dump his ships on the grey market to try and shut him the gently caress up.

Grey market is going to evaporate 000.1 seconds after bad news.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 29, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Quoting this again cos it's so funny

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

I hope and pray you can report his new account to Beet for ban evasion lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mr.Tophat posted:

Sincerely asking here, someone explain why the redditor getting banned is funny?

Because Reddit is predominantly a toxic cesspool of malcontent for broken-brained rear end-clowns. So getting kicked out is like Donald Trump getting kicked out of the KKK.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Hopefully Beet was friendly enough to obey for him to come here and start posting because MoMA has been exceptionally boring and unfunny recently.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

I hope and pray you can report his new account to Beet for ban evasion lol

Oh don't worry, that rear end-clown is so easy to spot, unless he goes and takes an online class in reading and comprehension, we're going to be able to spot an alt a mile away. Then we're going to burn it.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Virtual Captain posted:

"Here's my first impression of Star Citizen" and the :gary: triple every second after that.

I love this! This is what new people see when they try out the PU, complete and utter garbage. And it is hilarious.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

:smuggo:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/880536710743965696

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr.Tophat posted:

Sincerely asking here, someone explain why the redditor getting banned is funny? I don't read 99% of the reddit screenshots, nor do I have any inclination to understand that place, but I feel a great disturbance in the force like that jedi did, you know, like Obi-two Cannoli did in that Star Fite movie

He's just been the most vocal and most stupid of all the redditors, by quite some margin, for months and it is just funny watching him get suspended.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Moma still hasn't said what his favourite thing about Star citizen is without glib deflection.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Because Reddit is predominantly a toxic cesspool of malcontent for broken-brained rear end-clowns. So getting kicked out is like Donald Trump getting kicked out of the KKK.

Eh, hoped there was more to it then that but hey, I'll take what appetizers I can before the banquet

edit:

peter gabriel posted:

He's just been the most vocal and most stupid of all the redditors, by quite some margin, for months and it is just funny watching him get suspended.

Ah, thank you. If it's been going on for months, then that is wonderful.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

xD

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

Hopefully Beet was friendly enough to obey for him to come here and start posting because MoMA has been exceptionally boring and unfunny recently.

Well, we know he got an account here to archive thread posts, but I don't think he likes me that much lol.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Wonder who's next. redchris? gremlich? jim? None of them's much better than fist boy

it'll be funny iac xD

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Well, we know he got an account here to archive thread posts, but I don't think he likes me that much lol.

The only problem is that he has nowhere to archive them at anymore. HAHAHAHAHA!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
This captured from the editor in today's AtV show. See the top-right fps counter? That's in the editor. The client, sources say, is a LOT worse. Which is why 3.0 is "unplayable" atm

I wrote about that already

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg1728#msg1728

quote:

**BREAKING*** two sources have now confirmed that 3.0 is such a technological nightmare, and performance hog, that nobody knows how they are going to end up releasing it within the current time frame; let alone for GamesCom.

Croberts working on his new justification speech (aka newsletter), in which he may have no choice but to admit that the switch to LY hasn't been as straightforward (gee, who knew!?) as they made it out to be - seven months ago.

It's amazing to me that since July 2015, I've been right about so many things, that those guys don't even bother recapping them anymore. This despite the fact that I document them religiously in my blogs and forum posts - for a reason.

All that aside, the primary claim that "they can't build the game as pitched" and which everyone was saying that I was wrong about, remains true.

Ignoring the $150m (they were at $85, and have since passed this) + proper engine (they switched to the more advanced LY) that I said they would need to pull it off.

Recently (well, before GamesCom 2016), I said that they simply didn't have the tech to do procedurally generated planets, that the pitched 3.0 was bullshit dipped in Ether. Less than 6 months later, 3.0 has been significantly scaled back. And has moons - in a level - instead of procedural planets (shown in an elaborate R&D video showcase posing as in-game).

I have no doubt that they will probably release something called 3.0, then continue to update it. They did the same thing with 2.0. Right up to 2.6.x

ps: There is another JPEG sale tomorrow June 23rd. So they're probably going to lie in tomorrow's 3.0 schedule update, then update it again the following week with the proper data.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 29, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
13 fps, man this has turned into a funny day

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
derek i think you wouldn't get as much poo poo if your posts weren't 2/3rds your own previous posts

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Virtual Captain posted:

that dude has a bad case of the klingon eyebrows

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Haha this guy is so owned

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Space Crabs posted:

derek i think you wouldn't get as much poo poo if your posts weren't 2/3rds your own previous posts

https://imgur.com/81Q2P

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

*checks reddit.com/users/thegremlich, sees 10,000 posts about hating Derek Smart*

Yes, you're clearly the winner in this scenario.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Maw posted:

Haha this guy is so owned

"I am NOT owned! I am not!" I shout as I jitter through the hull of my Aegis Avenger...

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
madden-caught-up-thread.gif

Krycek posted:

She is so gonna kick his rear end to the curb when this thing goes tits up.

Well really what is a famous talented actress like her doing with a thumb like that

Oh wait, they're two famous and talented people :rolleyes: I often forget.

Like I think you'd have to be actively blacklisted in Hollywood to appear in as few and as unimpressive projects as Sandi has

Or just a terrible loving actor that can't pass a legit audition :haw:

Bofast posted:

Are you saying Derek is like Scar from The Lion King?

I killed Mufasa Star Citizen :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Bofast posted:

I think Will Wright is probably pretty much up there, at least, though he even considers his own things to be more like toys rather than games with specific win/loss conditions. The rest, not so much.

Robert Moses Simulator SimCity is truly inspired, conceptually complete, and anyone who goes but how do you win? is missing the bigger picture and is beyond help

Sappo569 posted:

Sandi while good looking for a woman of her age , has a garbage personality and that shines through

She's pretty for an average person but for TV/movies not sufficiently so. I would never dump on someone for their looks (see: I am a goon) unless they were also just a lovely person, which unluckily for everyone, she is.

Sappo569 posted:

Maybe coutts is trying to break into the circus side show business, And they saw this as their opportunity to own the world's fattest man

Sandi/Ben is a reversed Jabba/Leia relationship.

XK posted:

Somebody literally show me any UK influence.

To their credit, this is actually one of my main beefs with SC- almost every planet has a stupid British-sounding name

:sweatdrop:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
13.3gb of texture memory at peak running through a barren planet on a barely there spacebike

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
what a loving unbelievable mess