Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

whiteyfats posted:

John C. McGinley is also in Se7en for like five minutes.

He's really good in that role, you feel like he's loving psyched to be there.

edit: I've seen that movie maybe 20 times and I never fail to get adrenaline and goosebumps in the lead up to the end. Such a great use of music and pacing to build tension.

Memento has a new favorite as of 13:14 on Jun 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

whiteyfats posted:

He is also in Wild Hogs as an "hilarious" gay cop.

Do not watch Wild Hogs if you want to keep your respect for him.

In fact, do not watch Wild Hogs, period.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

whiteyfats posted:

Is he the guy who hosed the hooker to death?

Yeah, I just spoilered a plot point about a movie that's 20+ years old. Fight me. :colbert:

Edit: Nevermind, just looked him up. Ignore me while I learn to Google more.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento posted:

He's really good in that role, you feel like he's loving psyched to be there.

edit: I've seen that movie maybe 20 times and I never fail to get adrenaline and goosebumps in the lead up to the end. Such a great use of music and pacing to build tension.

I also love that movie. I just watched it with the commentary on for the first time the other day. The other SWAT guys were apparently real SWAT guys.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Don't forget his best cameo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HXocReV5s_o

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Your link was wrong, I fixed it for you

https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=2njybc286#/watch?v=A3L0gVSpHP0

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Necronomicon, but a cookbook

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

10 Beers posted:

I love Highlander. Love it. That being said, absolutely do not watch Highlander 2. If you want more McGinley, watch the movie The Rock.

Highlander 2 is a trainwreck totally worth watching if just for the bit where Sean Connery magically gets better from being dead only to sacrifice himself for no good reason twenty minutes later to the tune of Amazing Grace blaring so loud on the bagpipes you can't actually make out any of the dialogue.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Highlander 2 is a trainwreck totally worth watching if just for the bit where Sean Connery magically gets better from being dead only to sacrifice himself for no good reason twenty minutes later to the tune of Amazing Grace blaring so loud on the bagpipes you can't actually make out any of the dialogue.

What?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

https://youtu.be/qmUrHr9UvMo

Maybe I'm misremembering the bagpipes being so loud but it's a loving goofy scene regardless. The whole movie is an entertaining bad.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I think McGinley is also in Point Break.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Bananana posted:

Necronomicon, but a cookbook

The neural network is already on top of this idea.

quote:

There was thunder in the air on the night I went to the deserted mansion atop Tempest Mountain to find the cake cooked.
I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with the ham slices.
Now and then, beneath the brown pall of leaves that rotted and festered in the antediluvian forest darkness, I could trace the sinister outlines of some of the cooking pancakes.
For I, and I only, know what manner of fear lurked on a cookie cutter.
The pitiful throngs of natives shrieked and whined of the unnamable powder served with the flour and red pepper.
Everything seemed to me tainted with a loathsome contagion, and inspired by a noxious alliance with the steamed chicken.
All was in vain; the death that had come had left no trace save the steamed red peppers and chicken broth.
Sometimes, in the throes of a nightmare when unseen powers whirl one over the roofs of strange dead cities toward the grinning chasm of Nis, it is a relief and even a delight to make the soup.

http://lewisandquark.tumblr.com/post/141313469232/cooking-with-cthulhu

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Platoon.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The funniest thing about this picture is the stupid tattoo.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How does it want you to open it then?

I'm pretty sure that warning says "You can't blame us for opening this poorly with a knife."

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
There's a new app in development called Replika. It's billed as an "AI friend", and is basically a gamified personal journal with a bot that responds to what you write. I bring this up because one of the promotional pics is one of the most hilariously cyberpunk thing I've seen.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

MizPiz posted:

There's a new app in development called Replika. It's billed as an "AI friend", and is basically a gamified personal journal with a bot that responds to what you write. I bring this up because one of the promotional pics is one of the most hilariously cyberpunk thing I've seen.

:smith:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

MizPiz posted:

That's not truly cyberpunk unless the AI also includes advertising.

"Thanks for telling me about your day, USERNAME, I always enjoy talking with you. After all that hard work you should treat yourself to a CRISPY GORDITA CHEESE KEBAB WRAP AT TACO BELL and wash that down with an ICE COLD COCA COLA PRODUCT."

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Comptroll The Forums posted:

"Thanks for telling me about your day, USERNAME, I always enjoy talking with you. After all that hard work you should treat yourself to a CRISPY GORDITA CHEESE KEBAB WRAP AT TACO BELL and wash that down with an ICE COLD COCA COLA PRODUCT."

Man, now I really want Taco Bell.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah a crispy cheese gordita kebab wrap sounds pretty good

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Comptroll The Forums posted:

People using that app are probably already in the Tbell drive through.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

MizPiz posted:

I like that there's experience points so you can level up your friendship and in-game microtransactions so you can unlock new features.

For your imaginary friend.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jeez if only Taco Bell sold Coca Cola products

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

drat, app got friendzoned.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Bloop posted:

Do they not?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

The Bloop posted:

That's not a Mountain Dew Baja Blast you idiot!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

Do they not?

Taco Bell is part of PepsiCo.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata posted:

Taco Bell is part of PepsiCo.

Oh, I didn't know that. I don't really do fast food

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill.

thank you goonfriend

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:sigh: same.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU