Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

I just tried it out in a game and it was hilariously good for pushing. But for the fact that I was vs a Lux I think there would have been a bunch of early kills. E clears the wave way better than morgana w. Wither is not as good as binding.

wither is targeted, can not miss, and makes you in conjunction with your ult and ability to push lanes and leave completely ungankble. different champs obviously but no Q AP nasus is literally the most brain dead poo poo in league of legends and impossible to gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

pog boyfriend posted:

wither is targeted, can not miss, and makes you in conjunction with your ult and ability to push lanes and leave completely ungankble. different champs obviously but no Q AP nasus is literally the most brain dead poo poo in league of legends and impossible to gently caress up

Also you can watch your team freak the gently caress out that you're not playing Nasus "the right way"

"Your stacks! Your staaaaacccckkkksss!!" :gonk:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rygar201 posted:

AP Nasus doesn't have a root and an AoE stun though

ok but who has this "aoe stun" because it certainly isnt morg lol

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Luna Was Here posted:

ok but who has this "aoe stun" because it certainly isnt the champ who when you press R stuns people if they dont move out of a certain area

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Luna Was Here posted:

I don't have a funny quip for this, but yeah Morgana totally stuns people in an AoE around her. Sometimes they get away, but you still did some AoE magic damage and got people to blow their dashes in a sub optimal way, that can be p good too.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
The day you stun more than one champ with morg R is the day you have amumu as your jungler

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

nasus has a 57 second aoe cc because he kills people in an area around him with his ult

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rygar201 posted:

I don't have a funny quip for this, but yeah Morgana totally stuns people in an AoE around her. Sometimes they get away, but you still did some AoE magic damage and got people to blow their dashes in a sub optimal way, that can be p good too.

morgana ult isn't a stun, its a 3 second long dps check of "do we kill the idiot who is currently trying to walk into our entire team or do we just want to lose the game". you have to be within auto attack/spell range of almost every champion in the game, it's incredibly telegraphed what you're about to do (because you have to WALK INTO THEM) and if you actually do get anyone stunned with it then either A) they dove into you after you ulted or B) you flashed on them and they didn't have flash as well and now you're a highly immobile champion with no escape mechanism other than hoping you can react fast enough to black shield to anything that comes your way in the next 5 minutes while you wait for flash.

in fact calling morg ult a dps check is a little to much credit, its more of a competency check than it is anything else

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
morgana's ult is great anti-engage.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

morgana ult isn't a stun, its a 3 second long dps check of "do we kill the idiot who is currently trying to walk into our entire team or do we just want to lose the game". you have to be within auto attack/spell range of almost every champion in the game, it's incredibly telegraphed what you're about to do (because you have to WALK INTO THEM) and if you actually do get anyone stunned with it then either A) they dove into you after you ulted or B) you flashed on them and they didn't have flash as well and now you're a highly immobile champion with no escape mechanism other than hoping you can react fast enough to black shield to anything that comes your way in the next 5 minutes while you wait for flash.

in fact calling morg ult a dps check is a little to much credit, its more of a competency check than it is anything else

if you think about it that is still cc though. that is just a soft taunt. i get what you mean but the ult is functional as crowd control because it effectively controls the crowd by forcing the enemy team to adjust positioning to avoid your ult or focus you down, thereby disrupting their strategy. i am not saying the ult is good or anything but it is not nearly as worthless as what you are suggesting

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

if you think about it that is still cc though. that is just a soft taunt. i get what you mean but the ult is functional as crowd control because it effectively controls the crowd by forcing the enemy team to adjust positioning to avoid your ult or focus you down, thereby disrupting their strategy. i am not saying the ult is good or anything but it is not nearly as worthless as what you are suggesting

aka zoning, which it's pretty decent at

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
A taunt that doesn't grant you any additional defences on a character that at most builds two items that provide lower tier defence stats is kinda bad

henkman posted:

aka zoning, which it's pretty decent at

yeah except that zone lasts as long as it takes for you to get just a pixel out of its range, then you can walk back in consequence free

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 29, 2017

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

el dingo posted:

The day you stun more than one champ with morg R is the day you have amumu as your jungler

Honestly it's pretty easy to do in bot lane skirmishes/in general, at least plat 1 and below. Just root one person, and walk in the direction of another and you get two stuns.

Like she definitely had her problems but her ult is definitely better than people are giving her credit for, even if you don't stun everyone the zoning and peeling power is really strong, and it is great in skirmishes.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

A taunt that doesn't grant you any additional defences on a character that at most builds two items that provide lower tier defence stats is kinda bad

yeah except that zone lasts as long as it takes for you to get just a pixel out of its range, then you can walk back in consequence free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gryA260mhes

foutre posted:

Honestly it's pretty easy to do in bot lane skirmishes/in general, at least plat 1 and below. Just root one person, and walk in the direction of another and you get two stuns.

Like she definitely had her problems but her ult is definitely better than people are giving her credit for, even if you don't stun everyone the zoning and peeling power is really strong, and it is great in skirmishes.

right, i have no idea why morgana who has previously had patches of high winrate where her ult was very feared is suddenly considered to have a bad ult, when the ult has never been changed in a billion years. obviously there is more mobility but not enough so that the entire ult is trivial. it is still a good ult, just really weird when you consider the rest of morganas kit.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

pog boyfriend posted:

it is still a good ult, just really weird when you consider the rest of morganas kit.

Yeah, definitely feels like a holdout from the "put 4 abilities and stir" school of champion design. I find it pretty satisfying to use, but I think anything longer range or just more synergistic would definitely be better.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I dunno Morgana is a fine champ and her ult is still stupidly good when she's not on a budget of a sightstone and parts of a FCQ. I don't think folks have seen a midlane Morg played well or at all in the past like three or four years because folks figured out her root is pretty good and the shield is stupidly strong for protecting idiot ADCs

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Was just part of a study funded by DARPA and RIOT to figure out to group players not just by mmr but also play style, attitude and style of communication. oooooo boy

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Lane morg is not meta but it's ok & her ult is extremely strong lol. I don't know how we get from "support morg is bad" (true) to "morg ult, one of the defining ults in the games history and the teamfighting tool of a once kassadin tier permabanned champion, is actually bad."

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the next champion is tony hawk btw. there's a mechanic like bard where you have to collect video tapes from around the map so you can do flips

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
New honor system is live on NA. Is there a way to view your current ~honor level~?

A vlad was picking apart my Janna play after every fight. I responded with "thank you for your criticism. I will try to do better in the future" and got 4x honored

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lovechop posted:

the next champion is tony hawk btw. there's a mechanic like bard where you have to collect video tapes from around the map so you can do flips

If a new tony hawk or skate game that's actually good comes out then I'm leaving this thread for upwards of six months to do nothing but play that

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

New honor system is live on NA. Is there a way to view your current ~honor level~?

no, nobody's allowed to see it not even you. it works on an honor system

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Lovechop posted:

Just don't get CCed out of your S-K-A-T-E combo. :ohdear:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You could get the SKATE letters whenever in whatever order. You had to get the COMBO letters in one combo. The Tony hawk games were very influential on my taste in music

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
srsly tho, where's my modern skateboarding games with dating sim elements

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
The problem with playing Morgana support is you aren't playing Thresh and therefore not contributing to your sick lantern flash hook flay ult highlight reel plays for your YouTube channel.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Work Friend Keven posted:

Lane morg is not meta but it's ok & her ult is extremely strong lol. I don't know how we get from "support morg is bad" (true) to "morg ult, one of the defining ults in the games history and the teamfighting tool of a once kassadin tier permabanned champion, is actually bad."

Luna

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
When you ult someone as Morgana you don't immediately activate Zhonya's right away, you only do it when you start taking too much damage/to dodge a CC or burst of some kind. Plus her ult also slows for 20% so you are likely walking faster than the dudes you just ulted. It also gives true sight so that the idiots walking into unwarded pushes can't avoid targeted attacks from your allies. Black shielding yourself to keep CC off is also pretty good at letting you stick before you inevitably zhonya's.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The new quest reward on frostfang also means that you'll get a speed boost when you press R!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Crazy Larry posted:

Bad positioning and face checking are always going to be a thing so she'll never be an out an out bad pick in solo queue but I'm struggling to come up with a situation where she's a powerful pick that doesn't presuppose total vision control/enemy stupidity. She also really struggles against tanks/bruisers now that adaptive helm is a thing and most squishies have strong defensive items they can reasonably build against her so there are a lot of team comps she is ineffective against late game.

the fact that there are so many champs who just go lost chapter straight into banshees veil kind of lowers the value of dark binding

Luna Was Here posted:

i got really high last night and thats the only skill that mid lane annie has when you're really high, as it turns out

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
morgana's w doesn't do percent health you idiots it does % more of its base damage based on missing hp. it does not do more damage to tanks.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

The new quest reward on frostfang also means that you'll get a speed boost when you press R!

I honestly think that speed boost on Frostfang's quest is highly underrated right now. It's an absolute godsend for low mobility mage supports.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Taciturn Tactician posted:

morgana's w doesn't do percent health you idiots it does % more of its base damage based on missing hp. it does not do more damage to tanks.

yeah it's an execute!!!!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yall are poo poo talking Morgana and it makes me feel bad. I'm gonna OTP Morgana support again.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Lovechop posted:

Jump walls like talon, grind rails like taliyah... it's suddenly dawned on me where riot get their inspiration from

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Assassins creed and airbender, respectively.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I have climbed to Silver 2 and bot laners still never freeze waves or indeed do anything but shove mindlessly. It is completely ok to back when the enemy could freeze+zone because they never ever will. Anyone with AOE will continue to shove a wave even after getting mid/jungle ganked several times in a row.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

ShadowHawk posted:

I have climbed to Silver 2 and bot laners still never freeze waves or indeed do anything but shove mindlessly. It is completely ok to back when the enemy could freeze+zone because they never ever will. Anyone with AOE will continue to shove a wave even after getting mid/jungle ganked several times in a row.

Some of the toplaners down here can freeze but adcs don't know how to freeze bot, half the supports are autofilled and don't buy a sightstone so good luck with them freezing. Most of the midlaners picked up "draw pressure to your lane" from youtube videos and playing against others who do, so they hard push on champs that really shouldn't (Like Lux who before she has enough items -will- run out of mana).

Lane control doesn't really work though when your jungler runs up and clears it after a bad gank. It's hard to learn, I sure don't know how, when poo poo like that happens all the time. It's why playing in mid silver and below are awful for getting better at the game.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The most important jungle matchup of my lifetime:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

That's good stuff kingcobweb.

• Locked thread