Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pffft, you wanna get into a car?

Better with sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmHcCYGw1Rw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pffft, you wanna get into a car?

I will never be that cool. :smithfrog:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

There's nothing bad rear end about driving without a seat belt :colbert:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
http://i.imgur.com/yNLfX1t.mp4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's a huge fish. It's always hard for me to picture a 20 foot Great White because it's a fish the length of my bedroom swimming at me.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's a huge fish. It's always hard for me to picture a 20 foot Great White because it's a fish the length of my bedroom swimming at me.

What's it like living at Buckingham Palace?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Her name is Deep Blue. :coolfish: I love giant animals that live in the sea.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
My favourite thing about dirty great sharks is the tiny little fish that know they're too small for the shark to bother with, so they just go about their business, unbothered.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

What's it like living at Buckingham Palace?

Dude, I live in a loving council flat and my bedroom is 15 feet long.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I Googled it and 15 feet is a bit over 4½ metres so I guess we need to ask GuardianOfAsgaard what it's like living in a garden shed.

e: Of course 20 feet is probably longer than 15 feet, who knows with those English measurements.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
You mean "who know with those measurements used exclusively in America, Liberia and Myanmar".

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

princecoo posted:

You mean "who know with those measurements used exclusively in America, Liberia and Myanmar".

The UK mostly uses imperial for distances, especially older people.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, I just assumed they thought I meant 20 meters.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yeah, sharks are pretty cool, and being in a shark cage is neat but it's done be-

...oh.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

I Googled it and 15 feet is a bit over 4½ metres so I guess we need to ask GuardianOfAsgaard what it's like living in a garden shed.

e: Of course 20 feet is probably longer than 15 feet, who knows with those English measurements.

He said it is 15 ft long, could be 1.5 ft wide you don't know!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Eastbound Spider posted:

He said it is 15 ft long, could be 1.5 ft wide you don't know!

As if I haven't been to his bedroom.

I gently caress all goons watch out.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Samovar posted:

Yeah, sharks are pretty cool, and being in a shark cage is neat but it's done be-

...oh.
Yeah.

I mean sure great whites aren't the murderous monsters like in Jaws, but still that's like two tons of muscle and teeth with a propensity for just taking a bite out of anything in their way out of curiosity, in an environment that it's vastly more suited for than us. And that guy looks like he's about to loving swim after it. :stonklol:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nordick posted:

Yeah.

I mean sure great whites aren't the murderous monsters like in Jaws, but still that's like two tons of muscle and teeth with a propensity for just taking a bite out of anything in their way out of curiosity, in an environment that it's vastly more suited for than us. And that guy looks like he's about to loving swim after it. :stonklol:

In the rest of the video you can see Deep Blue give the cage a few playful nips and one of the divers gives her a high five as she swims past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8raLJHzWqVA

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

bitterandtwisted posted:

The UK mostly uses imperial for distances, especially older people.

We're pretty much finished phasing out the old codger as a unit of measure, it's mostly used to mark the length of pub bars and walking sticks now.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jerry Cotton posted:

As if I haven't been to his bedroom.

I gently caress all goons watch out.

Miss you!

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In the rest of the video you can see Deep Blue give the cage a few playful nips and one of the divers gives her a high five as she swims past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8raLJHzWqVA

That's barely half as big as the world's actual largest shark. What a poo poo youtube title.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DontMockMySmock posted:

That's barely half as big as the world's actual largest shark. What a poo poo youtube title.

Whale sharks and basking sharks are filter-feeding plankton sucking pussies, we only care about extant macropredatory Lamniformes in this thread. :colbert:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
This is from an abandoned Soviet military base in Siberia.

It's a color picture.

More here: https://www.wired.com/2016/12/andrey-shapran-cape-north-soviet-base-russia/

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Appears the cold has won.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Inspector 34 posted:

Appears the cold has won.

Hitler and Napolean: Pfft, we can totes handle this poo poo.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hitler and Napolean: Pfft, we can totes handle this poo poo.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

sneakyfrog posted:

I will never get tired of SR-71 stories
My dad was in the Air Force during (what I'm 99% sure from his story, his deployment records, and the rough timeline,) was the USS Pueblo incident. I forget whether he was in Alaska or Japan at the time, but they scrambled an SR-71 to get pictures fast. He said they had pans under it on the runway to catch the dripping fuel, it flew in the opposite direction of NK in a steep climb to get to altitude and warm up the skin, refueled out there, then turned around. He could barely turn his head fast enough to follow it when they spotted it coming toward the base, and it was over the horizon by the time the sonic boom hit the ground.

I don't know what kind of things he knew and saw that he couldn't tell me from his time in the Air Force, but I do know that they posted two armed guards in the room when he had his appendix removed to get everyone out of the hospital room in case he started talking when recovering from general aneasthesia (his brother said they had orders to shoot everyone in the room, but I think that's wildly exaggerated.)

edit: he worked in intelligence, said that he worked with TS-SCI information, and did tell me that he knew things he would never be allowed to say to another person as long as he lived. As a teenager I took great joy in annoying him by saying he worked on the aliens at Area 51.

Say Nothing posted:

This guy...

... Gets into a Mazda Miata.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t3gHvwunxk
This was basically me (although I weighed a lot less) when I drove a Miata. It took 3 men, a length of rope, and a broom to get me out.

GWBBQ has a new favorite as of 01:58 on Jul 1, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

lol there are so many things going on wrong here but the best is the hat. just so you know

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

syscall girl posted:

lol there are so many things going on wrong here but the best is the hat. just so you know

Good point. It would be more accurate if the White King was dead and the land behind him was endless mud.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Schorched Earth is not just a great game it's a good* strategy.

*) Good for not losing, bad for the general populace.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

Good point. It would be more accurate if the White King was dead and the land behind him was endless mud.

I was gonna say the guy in the hat summoned great evil by sacrificing his sons and doing bad things to his daughters and then tried to weasel his way out of it with a nigh incomprehensible tweet but yeah

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

His white Chevy Camero with red cloth interior is parked right outside.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

You know he's rocking a T top Iroc Z

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TontoCorazon posted:

You know he's rocking a T top Iroc Z

and he left the t tops at home.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I will never EVER be as cool as that guy.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

These is mah sisters! You git yer own.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

Right outside...Showbiz PizzaPlace?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pffft, 9 teams beat the '99 Bears. What makes this guy that special?