Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

eonwe posted:

it makes me laugh that republicans hate democrats so bad that they'd prefer committing literal treason over having anything to do with the democrats

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is Republicans actually want to be in power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Hysteria wins elections. Policy sure as gently caress doesn't or Trump would never be president.

except its mostly a bunch of weirdos on twitter and not the voting public

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

which one of these flubbers raped the dog?

lol you think it was just one of em

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

eonwe posted:

it makes me laugh that republicans hate democrats so bad that they'd prefer committing literal treason over having anything to do with the democrats

I would treason with the khmer rouge if it somehow meant the complete destruction of the republican party

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Rah! posted:

i hope one of those nerdling nazi bitches trips and breaks his milk-wrasslin partners' plastic toy guns, and then they get in a fight, and the cops show up and taze them in the balls and throw them in a jail where they are denied phone calls, and the right to talk to a lawyer, and water, and then they get deported by some dumb-as-bricks ICE agents, for being suspected Kekistani (that's like next to pakistan, right?) terrorists

when kekistani sends its people it isn't sending the best or the brightest

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mike huckabee's sons can beat my rear end

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

babypolis posted:

except its mostly a bunch of weirdos on twitter and no the voting public

The majority of Americans think Russia did something. They don't all think Trump is a literal Manchurian candidate who is waiting for secret words to blow up America but not everybody thought Hillary was assassinating political rivals but they still voted for the people who pushed crazy narratives about Hillary because this poo poo is tribal.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is Republicans actually want to be in power

Leftists get way too concerned about virtue signaling (I kind of hate myself for saying this) and often won't vote strategically because their ultra-pure ideals can't be corrupted by the very human nature of politics. Republicans on the other hand are fuelled by lust for death and power at all costs. What I'm saying is nothing matters and I'll have a number 4. I just want to see Trump's baby dick as twin streams of golden piss cascade down his face.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

That would rule but we work with what we got and we ain't got guillotine revolutionaries yet.

Get that guy who patented the mega guillotine he's the kind of can do innovator America needs

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

the best part is that literally no one will trust the polling

so we won't find out until November 7th

it owns

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

sort of getting the idea their best and brightest are the people profiting off of selling those flags

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trump needs to punch his large adult son in the face a few more times it seems
https://twitter.com/lizzadwoskin/status/880518497326911492
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/880549655670538241

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

is this like the lake woebegon thing but in reverse

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

you should take any metrics that china announces with a grain of salt

china is one of the most, if not the most, fraudulent countries on this planet

China will overtake he US in 2015 2018 2022!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/879727272600543232

THE RUSSIANS HACKED SUPERMAN!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

he's right in this case

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
my father-in-law is from nicaragua and he was all, down there you know everyone is corrupt and so you can act/plan accordingly and it all kind of works in a dysfunctional way

here in the us, you don't know if someone is on the up-and-up or blowing smoke up your rear end, so you don't know what the gently caress to do about anything. you kind of want to trust people cuz you don't really know if they're corrupt for sure. i mean hell they probably are, but you don't know know.

he has a point

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

he's right in this case

yes but not for the reasons he thinks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

my father-in-law is from nicaragua and he was all, down there you know everyone is corrupt and so you can act/plan accordingly and it all kind of works in a dysfunctional way

here in the us, you don't know if someone is on the up-and-up or blowing smoke up your rear end, so you don't know what the gently caress to do about anything. you kind of want to trust people cuz you don't really know if they're corrupt for sure. i mean hell they probably are, but you don't know know.

he has a point

im pretty sure every last republican is corrupt and most of the democrats

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I actually don't care that Russia influence the 2016 election or whatever. I'm sure they've been doing that poo poo for years, same as we do to them. They just happened to be really successful at it this time around

What scares the poo poo out of me, what keeps me up at night, was the WAY they did it. Hacking the emails and "messing with vote totals" (which didn't happen) is the least of it. They exploited this MASSIVE psychic vulnerability that we've created for ourselves and didn't realize until now that we had: unrestricted social media. By creating thousands upon thousands of fake profiles (which are very easy to find btw, in case you're like NUH-UH), they were able to manipulate algorithms that pumped fake news into the minds of millions of conservative voters. They remotely brainwashed the right into believing conspiracy theories about Hillary being on death's door and such. And it's not because people on the right were dumb; it's because prior to now we've been trained to give equal weight to all news articles that popped up on our Facebook feeds.

And we didn't even realize that this was happening really, because the same algorthms that allowed this also hid them from us because they were only showing us what we wanted to see, which ended up creating a false bubble reality for ourselves where Hillary was so far ahead that respected institutions were giving her 99% chance of winning. And why wouldn't they? All the information that we were receiving pointed to it. It trapped even the most astute political commentators, and time and time again we were all baffled by election results (first the primaries, then the general) that didn't correlate with our (mediated) perception of reality

So, the real story here is that a foreign agent was able to gently caress with our minds remotely, when previously only our own government and media was allowed to brainwash us. That CANNOT be allowed to happen again, but because people are lazy FAKE NEWS has become Fox News or CNN according to your political leaning (instead of news coming from fake websites) and Russian Election Interference has become nebulous "hacking" instead of Reality Programkng (~Hypernormalization~~)

It's really frustrating and scary! But constantly saying "it was the dema fault, not the Russians!" or even solely focusing on whether Trump's campaign was a part of this effort, is to ignore what really is an existential issue for humanity as a hole that just happened to be revealed in this bizarre way. Also I'd like the BBQ sauce with that.

Well geis don't just stand there and explain the obvious and help us destroy the frogmen and magabot armies with memes and mcdonalds orders, are you some fresh rookie in this forever psychic war?

Oh no, you're a tourist who got lost at the hypernormal veil, that gate was supposed to be deactivated :thunk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I actually don't care that Russia influence the 2016 election or whatever. I'm sure they've been doing that poo poo for years, same as we do to them. They just happened to be really successful at it this time around

What scares the poo poo out of me, what keeps me up at night, was the WAY they did it. Hacking the emails and "messing with vote totals" (which didn't happen) is the least of it. They exploited this MASSIVE psychic vulnerability that we've created for ourselves and didn't realize until now that we had: unrestricted social media. By creating thousands upon thousands of fake profiles (which are very easy to find btw, in case you're like NUH-UH), they were able to manipulate algorithms that pumped fake news into the minds of millions of conservative voters. They remotely brainwashed the right into believing conspiracy theories about Hillary being on death's door and such. And it's not because people on the right were dumb; it's because prior to now we've been trained to give equal weight to all news articles that popped up on our Facebook feeds.

And we didn't even realize that this was happening really, because the same algorthms that allowed this also hid them from us because they were only showing us what we wanted to see, which ended up creating a false bubble reality for ourselves where Hillary was so far ahead that respected institutions were giving her 99% chance of winning. And why wouldn't they? All the information that we were receiving pointed to it. It trapped even the most astute political commentators, and time and time again we were all baffled by election results (first the primaries, then the general) that didn't correlate with our (mediated) perception of reality

So, the real story here is that a foreign agent was able to gently caress with our minds remotely, when previously only our own government and media was allowed to brainwash us. That CANNOT be allowed to happen again, but because people are lazy FAKE NEWS has become Fox News or CNN according to your political leaning (instead of news coming from fake websites) and Russian Election Interference has become nebulous "hacking" instead of Reality Programkng (~Hypernormalization~~)

It's really frustrating and scary! But constantly saying "it was the dema fault, not the Russians!" or even solely focusing on whether Trump's campaign was a part of this effort, is to ignore what really is an existential issue for humanity as a hole that just happened to be revealed in this bizarre way. Also I'd like the BBQ sauce with that.

mustard or red sauce sir

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Epic High Five posted:

Remember how EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS was a thing for years even though nothing solid actually ever came of it and it was just procedural stuff being trumped up as death blows? Remember how it worked insanely well at depressing support of the candidate and convincing people that she was a criminal who literally executed people on DC streets in the middle of the night?

That's why the Russia stuff is important. Truth doesn't matter anymore lmao what kinda cuck uses that metric anymore

it doesn't work both ways

by your metric, that is people are treating trump the same as a dem candidate would be treated for the same crimes, trump woulda been drug out and shot by now

wrong timeline, in this, our nation of the death cult calvinists

Trump 2020 is happening, and

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
if they are rich they are corrupt

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what did notch do this tile

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Kurtofan posted:

does it matter?

trick question, no. notch is garbage so all he says is garbage.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

he's told people he was heterosexual

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

so how racist is this kates law poo poo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
notch became volcel

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

a.lo posted:

he's told people he was heterosexual

That's gross.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

scream into the void that is his mansion, echoing out over the San Fernando Valley

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Guys please please listen: Russia is fake news and I love to drink Trump Brand Piss

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
he's already forgotten what Kates Law even is
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/880559961855729664

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Weeping Wound posted:

scream into the void that is his mansion, echoing out over the San Fernando Valley
it takes a very special kind of smoothbrain to have 2 billion dollars, maintenance staff keeping your candy fountains flowing, access to all the heroin in the world, and not be happy on some level

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
AHOY

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's cool that

1) there are only two parties with either any history or any chance of having future history holding power,
2) said two parties each have no loving clue what to do with power whenever they actually obtain it, and
3) every other party within arm's distance of actually becoming legitimate is full of even bigger loving morons that sabotage the attempted rise

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
trump has broken montasque rip

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Season 3 "Police Story"

Easy, it's gotta be when Frasier crashes Martin and the lady cops date thinking the lady cop actually wanted to go out with him and keeps telling his dad to go away before figuring out that they're actually on a date together.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

babypolis posted:

its super boring imo. and some people have developed the story into a full blown mass hysteria which is super dumb

grab em by the pussy was sexy. this is just some poo poo rear end trash baby only wonks can love

duder there are like 18 different investigations including a special counsel leveling up and unlocking more and more companions as he goes

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mayor Pete spitting hot fire
https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/880560661389914113

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out