Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dis you buy a fidget spinner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Josh Lyman posted:

Dis you buy a fidget spinner?

I already had one of those. :colbert:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

MisterBibs posted:

I already had one of those. :colbert:

Well did you buy another one?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

All the cool ones are sold out! http://www.mountaintopsedc.com/category/handspinners

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

$700 for a spinner, sweet Jesus Murphy. The "EDC" crowd never ceases to amaze.

I for one never leave the house without the bog standard knife, flashlight, gun, vape, multitiool, ring, rubik's cube, pacifier, dildo, laser pointer and dive watch. And now you're telling me I need to carry a top? gently caress. I'm going to need a whole new row of molle webbing.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 20:57 on Jun 28, 2017

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The world was a mistake....

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
So tops are considered fidget spinners too?

I wanna know who Cobb inceptioned to make this craze a thing.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
I work for a doctor who is elbow deep into obnoxious edc poo poo and I don't know if there's a solid link to inception but the tops were a thing before spinners and the high dollar spinners have been around longer than the current craze for them. He has given me one of his credit cards before and sent me hunting through various places like that site to buy stupid poo poo. He buys incredibly high priced knives too and said that at least part of it started when custom knife people began producing little gizmos like spinners and tops on the side. I know he has at least two tops that cost over $300 each because I kept telling him "You know this is bullshit, right?" as I ordered them. Don't get me wrong, he's amazing but he's old, married without kids and I just have to ride the waves on an ocean made of what happens when too much time meets too much money. We're going deep sea fishing tomorrow.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

I work for a doctor who is elbow deep into obnoxious edc poo poo and I don't know if there's a solid link to inception but the tops were a thing before spinners and the high dollar spinners have been around longer than the current craze for them. He has given me one of his credit cards before and sent me hunting through various places like that site to buy stupid poo poo. He buys incredibly high priced knives too and said that at least part of it started when custom knife people began producing little gizmos like spinners and tops on the side. I know he has at least two tops that cost over $300 each because I kept telling him "You know this is bullshit, right?" as I ordered them. Don't get me wrong, he's amazing but he's old, married without kids and I just have to ride the waves on an ocean made of what happens when too much time meets too much money. We're going deep sea fishing tomorrow.

I could literally not care less what someone with an excess of money spends it on. I only criticize people who don't have two nickels to rub together spending above their means. That dude can rock out with his top out even if it's stupid.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
If anything, rich people aren't buying nearly enough poo poo.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Aramek posted:

If anything, rich people aren't buying nearly enough poo poo.

Keynes was right

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I spent most of this page thinking electronic dance music fans were really into spending hundreds on fidget spinners. But nope, it's just run of the mill internet goobers.

Eat the rich.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Not chunky at all, but it still has that lovely sour vomit taste

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Windows 8.1 has somehow decided it doesn't want to let me take pictures directly off my 11 year old camera via USB anymore (Based on it still working fine on a Windows 7 machine, it's likely a driver signing issue), so in 2017 I just bought a USB CF card reader.

I'd replace it, but it's a DSLR and I don't want to spend new-DSLR money to replace something that still works just fine.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

PCOS Bill posted:

Windows 8.1 has somehow decided it doesn't want to let me take pictures directly off my 11 year old camera via USB anymore (Based on it still working fine on a Windows 7 machine, it's likely a driver signing issue), so in 2017 I just bought a USB CF card reader.

I'd replace it, but it's a DSLR and I don't want to spend new-DSLR money to replace something that still works just fine.

Why did you never update to Windows 10? Three was a time when you could get it for free as an upgrade from a previous version.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Saddamnit posted:

Why did you never update to Windows 10? Three was a time when you could get it for free as an upgrade from a previous version.

I can get all the hobo poo poo for free I want too, doesn't mean I'd take it when offered.

(And you can still get it free)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

While a quality flash reader is a good investment as they are often MUCH faster than camera output, you can try seeing if your camera has p2p vs mass storage mode. Windows 8.1 shouldn't be able to decide not to use it in mass storage mode no matter how stupid MS makes it.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Saddamnit posted:

That time is still going by the way.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

H110Hawk posted:

While a quality flash reader is a good investment as they are often MUCH faster than camera output, you can try seeing if your camera has p2p vs mass storage mode. Windows 8.1 shouldn't be able to decide not to use it in mass storage mode no matter how stupid MS makes it.

It doesn't. Also it worked every time I wanted it to for the last 3 years up until recently so it was likely a recent Windows update that changed something and further exemplifies why I hate change.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

PCOS Bill posted:

It doesn't. Also it worked every time I wanted it to for the last 3 years up until recently so it was likely a recent Windows update that changed something and further exemplifies why I hate change.

Then why aren't you just using DOS? Or Windows 3.1?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Saddamnit posted:

Then why aren't you just using DOS? Or Windows 3.1?

Or do us all a favor and go move into a cave somewhere and paint the walls with dirt, charcoal and animal fat like early man did - any form of photography is clearly embracing change :colbert:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Change for the sake of change is bad. Change because there's actually a benefit to something new is good.

Windows 10 is bad. Locking out drivers that aren't signed by Microsoft is bad. Liberalism is bad.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I thought Windows 8 was the most hated version of Windows ever

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

It was okay in the late cycle but wasn't nearly as good as 7.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

Mu Zeta posted:

I'd nominate ME for that.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Zeth posted:

I'd nominate ME for that.

I'll nominate you for that as well.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

Proving once again that I can never buy just the one thing at a store, I went into a dollar store to buy a pen and wound up also buying one of those bouncy balls filled with water and glitter in it. Why, I have no idea.

So you'd have something to write about?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Mu Zeta posted:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I bought about a gallon of vodka. In a few months it'll be a variety of infused spirits. The coffee and green tea flavors should be ready soonest, followed by orange, lemon, and black pepper, with strawberry probably taking the longest.

The wildcard is a fresh corn infusion I'm trying. There's a place here that uses corn milk in cocktails, so it seems like there's potential, but I'm pretty much flying blind.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Toast Museum posted:

I bought about a gallon of vodka. In a few months it'll be a variety of infused spirits. The coffee and green tea flavors should be ready soonest, followed by orange, lemon, and black pepper, with strawberry probably taking the longest.

The wildcard is a fresh corn infusion I'm trying. There's a place here that uses corn milk in cocktails, so it seems like there's potential, but I'm pretty much flying blind.

Replace the coffee, green tea, orange, lemon, black pepper, strawberry, and corn with ammonium chloride.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Jerry Cotton posted:

Replace the coffee, green tea, orange, lemon, black pepper, strawberry, and corn with ammonium chloride.

I really wanted to like salmiakki :(

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

8.1 is great man

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

No pictures, but I just bought concrete sealant, bug spray, and a tarp.
Will be buying sheetrock this weekend, because the previous owners decided that mudding and painting over wood paneling would be a great way to hide that outdated basement.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

PCOS Bill posted:

8.1 is great man

You've had a lot of bad opinions, this one is the worst so far

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
8.1 with Classic Shell is perfect.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I need to stop going to frys.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Yeti is such a good god damned starter mic, I'm astounded.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've got a Yeti as well. And bought one for my future BiL and his family the past Xmas. Good mics, especially for the price.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

treiz01 posted:

You've had a lot of bad opinions, this one is the worst so far

It really is a struggle not to feed the troll, every post is a misinformed horrible opinion. First person I've considered for the ignore list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JEEVES420 posted:

It really is a struggle not to feed the troll, every post is a misinformed horrible opinion. First person I've considered for the ignore list.

I love that you're so mad at me liking an OS that you don't like. It's not autistic at alllllllllllllll.

I'm sure I've done something offensive by this but I decided to order a tripod since I don't actually own one and I have shaky hands:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)