Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/thisjenlewis/status/879910932859768833

https://twitter.com/thisjenlewis/status/880145271447072770

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Its not an analogy but the Stephen Universe character reminded me of Derpy from My Little Pony, a googly eyed unnamed background character that fans named after an offensive Carlos Mencia joke and after marketing referee to her as the fan name she was quickly pulled from the line except for like a random cameo

There was actually an episode featuring Derpy, and I think they even had to re-dub it because it turned out having a clumsy, cross-eyed character that literally sounded retarded was kind of offensive.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

There was actually an episode featuring Derpy, and I think they even had to re-dub it because it turned out having a clumsy, cross-eyed character that literally sounded retarded was kind of offensive.

And then a bunch of MLP turbonerds went ballistic at the creators for not keeping the character IIRC.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Neurion posted:

Guess what I can't stop reading

hell yeah

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dreddout posted:

I'm not holding out hope for a minor character from the relatively obscure (but still awesome) handheld spinoff making a return.

Until I see sylux in game footage I refuse to believe :(

If you 100% MP3:C you get a post credits scene where a ship that looks like his follows Samus's ship.

Also imo they should have called it Metroid Dread, but whatever,

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

PhazonLink posted:

If you 100% MP3:C you get a post credits scene where a ship that looks like his follows Samus's ship.

I know that's what I'm referring too but Metroid prime 3 was literally a decade ago and it's not like Nintendo focuses on continuity or tying up loose ends

A part of me holds out hope for Metroid Prime Hunters 2, a boy can dream

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PhazonLink posted:

A lot of people are being super hopeful about prime 4. But I just can't bring myself to think it'll be good. The phazon storyline seemed to have concluded pretty thoroughly when that planet done blowed up. Then you read all kinds of interviews and stuff about the development of Echoes and Corruption and how they kept stepping in and making the dev team change the game and I dunno. It'll be different and I don't like things that are different.

I liked Dark Samus' design though. Especially in Echoes, the like asymmetrical organic look was cool. I really hated in Corruption she just became all mechanical looking and;

:stonk: I don't even know what this is or why. It upsets me in ways weird fetish fan art does not.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wasn't there some bonus scene in that awful Federation Force game that hinted at Sylus returning yet again?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Internet Kraken posted:

Wasn't there some bonus scene in that awful Federation Force game that hinted at Sylus returning yet again?

Someone would have had to play that to find out.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Minions alert.

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/zmVYx18.jpg:nws:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

poo poo did Steven Universe finally get around to my birthstone?

I was kinda hoping Aquamarine would be like Goku, and then the Emerald character would be like Vegeta and they'd fuse to form the ultra badass four-armed and possibly evil super spacerock saiyan Beryl.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Nuebot posted:

I liked Dark Samus' design though. Especially in Echoes, the like asymmetrical organic look was cool. I really hated in Corruption she just became all mechanical looking and;

:stonk: I don't even know what this is or why. It upsets me in ways weird fetish fan art does not.

I find the fact they have it a leg cannon pretty neat, at least.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Wow, way to bring birthstones into it you bigoted Comfortable In Stone scum. Ever stop to think that maybe some of us feel more attached to stones other than the ones we were assigned at birth?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Is that a shadman?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Is that a shadman?

what the gently caress is this

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm gonna guess it's a shadman ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sentient Data posted:

Wow, way to bring birthstones into it you bigoted Comfortable In Stone scum. Ever stop to think that maybe some of us feel more attached to stones other than the ones we were assigned at birth?

Shut the gently caress up.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Wait holy poo poo that's anime girl Trump. wtf

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Autistic bleating about gems interspersed with terrible paedo-art. Fanart thread at its finest.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Autistic bleating about gems interspersed with terrible paedo-art. Fanart thread at its finest.

You're not making it any better with the "Dur hur autism" garbage.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Nothing can make this thread better, yes.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
^^^: lol if you thought that was the slightest bit in earnest

FactsAreUseless posted:

Some fanart to get the thread back on track:

vvv: Yeah, the thread moved kind of fast when I was looking for some art to post

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 12:52 on Jun 29, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sentient Data posted:

^^^: lol if you thought that was the slightest bit in earnest

I wasn't referring to your post.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

The birthstones post was clearly sarcasm and has nothing to do with that gross fanart and it's artist. I'm sure you know that and are finding an excuse to pile on an easy-to-mock medical condition.

Fanart thread is at its finest when people get upset at Invictus for Undertale posts, don't deny it!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sentient Data posted:

In this age of Satire Being Dead, can you not do this anymore, thanks and gobbles.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Fanart thread is at its finest when people get upset at Invictus for Undertale posts, don't deny it!
And is at its worst when Paladinus posts. Ever.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Paladinus posted:

You suck, dude

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

For real though, is there an aquamarine character or not? I don't watch Steven Universe so I don't know.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, that's an actual character.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

That's not Goku. :(

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Shes a piece of poo poo too. Like young Krillin.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

That's not Goku. :(

If it's any consolation, she kicked everyone's rear end before flying off into space. v:shobon:v

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Aymeric more like Baemeric.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

What is the origin of this meme

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Neurion posted:

Guess what I can't stop reading

That's right, the wine so bad it made the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Internet Kraken posted:

What is the origin of this meme
Scott Pilgrim. Original panel:

• Locked thread