Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

the DLC for Andromeda is you handing a 5ver to an EA employee and then they piss into your mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

That DICK! posted:

Mass effect 3 = well done

Finally, someone else who likes ME3.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Original Chicken Sandwich from Burger King is my greatest guilty pleasure.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Iron Crowned posted:

If it makes you feel any better, my parents think that Burger King is the superior fast food burger. We always had to eat there on road trips when I was a kid

my mom was terrified of clowns so we always had to go to burger king

im still in therapy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CharlestonJew posted:

my mom was terrified of clowns so we always had to go to burger king

im still in therapy

My parents just hate any food that isn't really bad. I grew up eating Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes with shake 'n bake chicken and microwaved green beans as a home cooked meal

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

You shouldn't be having Burger King ever, I don't even know why they exist.

They have the superior breakfast burrito.

It's still not very good, but it's better than the other fast food ones.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Burger King has no breakfasts where I live. Apparently they started serving hot dogs though.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You can make your own hot dog for $.45, or $.80 if you're fancy, and it'll be as good or better.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Palpek posted:

Burger King has no breakfasts where I live. Apparently they started serving hot dogs though.

Never mind that, if you want a breakfast burrito just find the kind of Mexican restaurant that's actually someone's house and the cook is the grandma and one of her three large grandsons keeps refilling your water glass but never says a single word to you. They have great breakfast burritos.

Those hot dogs from burger king are pretty bad tho. Just make your own at home.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only fast food I'll admit to actually enjoying is McDonald's nuggets. I have no idea why but they just taste good despite being cheap as hell.

Everything else just feels inferior to real food and leaves me feel gross and wanting.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

The only fast food I'll admit to actually enjoying is McDonald's nuggets. I have no idea why but they just taste good despite being cheap as hell.

Everything else just feels inferior to real food and leaves me feel gross and wanting.

One of the sadder things I've learned visiting McDonald's in a few different countries is that America has the absolute bottom tier versions of McD sandwiches.

Even if the ingredients are ostensibly the same, the quality of the ingredients are light years ahead in foreign McDonald's, I'm thinking France and Japan especially.

I really wonder what it is about America that makes this acceptable. Maybe McD realized we'll eat garbage and only complain of the portions are too small.

There's a MEA analogy in there somewhere.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Thundercracker posted:

One of the sadder things I've learned visiting McDonald's in a few different countries is that America has the absolute bottom tier versions of McD sandwiches.

Even if the ingredients are ostensibly the same, the quality of the ingredients are light years ahead in foreign McDonald's, I'm thinking France and Japan especially.

I really wonder what it is about America that makes this acceptable. Maybe McD realized we'll eat garbage and only complain of the portions are too small.

There's a MEA analogy in there somewhere.

American McDonald's likers are probably more sensitive to prices since their wages have been stagnant for so long. So to keep the cost of their food down despite rising costs of everything else, they just use more and more garbage ingredients until one day they are 3D printing burger patties because ordering a pallet of frozen beef pucks would cause a McDouble to cost $3.46

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

You can make your own hot dog for $.45, or $.80 if you're fancy, and it'll be as good or better.

Or spend a couple bucks and make a bratwurst so you can eat real food instead of garbage.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Lol if you think a different grind and different spice mix makes you a special sausage boy.

You probably can't even taste the difference between natural and artificial casing you dog dilettante.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Arglebargle III posted:

Lol if you think a different grind and different spice mix makes you a special sausage boy.

You probably can't even taste the difference between natural and artificial casing you dog dilettante.

I disagree. I feel almost every culture has a proud sausage history. The difference between a Chinese suasage and a Yugoslavia n one is huge.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Thundercracker posted:

I disagree. I feel almost every culture has a proud sausage history. The difference between a Chinese suasage and a Yugoslavia n one is huge.

I'll bet, I've always heard Chinese sausages are tiny.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Thundercracker posted:

Learn 2 read, round-eye

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Not to derail the food conversation but replaying mass effect 3 for the first time since launch, which if any dlc is worth getting and when's the best time to do said dlc

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ekusukariba posted:

Not to derail the food conversation but replaying mass effect 3 for the first time since launch, which if any dlc is worth getting and when's the best time to do said dlc

Citadel is absolutely worth it, best do it right before the point of no return.

Leviathan, your mileage may vary. Spooky and has some great set pieces, and adds a lot of light and context to the game's ending. Can be done at any time, but I like doing it after Thessia to put Vendetta's comments in better context.

Omega, eh. If you really like Aria go for it. I'd pass otherwise.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Citadel, Leviathan and From Ashes (if you never got Javik) are the good DLCs, Omega is only just okay and totally skippable. Leviathan works best if you unravel a little bit of the plot each time you complete a main story arc. Citadel can be done at any point after the Cerberus attack mission but it's thematically not very connected to ME3 at all and is more intended to be played after you do the game. But at the very least, you should do it after the Horizon mission with Miranda if you want to ensure the maximum amount of interactable companions.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Aria and Omega were one of the worst parts of ME2.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Internet Kraken posted:

Mac Walters thinks she's just the bee's knees!

She's just so goddamn boring.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Internet Kraken posted:

There was only one thing wrong with Mass Effect 2 and it's that you didn't have Legion for 95% of the game.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Citadel, Leviathan and From Ashes (if you never got Javik) are the good DLCs, Omega is only just okay and totally skippable. Leviathan works best if you unravel a little bit of the plot each time you complete a main story arc.

Agreed with these. I like Leviathan but I find doing it in small chunks is really nice, since you have to go back to the Citadel between missions anyway.

quote:

Citadel can be done at any point after the Cerberus attack mission but it's thematically not very connected to ME3 at all and is more intended to be played after you do the game. But at the very least, you should do it after the Horizon mission with Miranda if you want to ensure the maximum amount of interactable companions.

There are a few parts to Citadel: the first is the actual story mission which you get when you launch the DLC, which is a lot of fun but you should have recruited all your squadmates by then (so wait until Tali.) I think you can do the second part anytime after (so you can go kill some reapers/Cerberus goons and come back to it), but yeah wait until Miranda makes it through Horizon.

fruit on the bottom posted:

There was only one thing wrong with Mass Effect 2 and it's that you didn't have Legion for 95% of the game.

This is easy to mod in with Gibbed. I did this with an Infiltrator run so it was me + Legion the whole time (filling out the squad with Garrus/Zaeed as needed) and it was :legion: :zaeed:

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 30, 2017

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

American McDonald's likers are probably more sensitive to prices since their wages have been stagnant for so long. So to keep the cost of their food down despite rising costs of everything else, they just use more and more garbage ingredients until one day they are 3D printing burger patties because ordering a pallet of frozen beef pucks would cause a McDouble to cost $3.46

Also, the EU has rather stricter regulations re: meat and just how garbage you are allowed to get away with.

Something something pink slime.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Night10194 posted:

Mac Walters thinks she's just the bee's knees!

She's just so goddamn boring.

That'd explain Not-Omega and Not-Aria in ME:A then.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nasgate posted:

Or spend a couple bucks and make a bratwurst so you can eat real food instead of garbage.

This, when I discovered bratwurst I couldn't go back to hot dogs.

Also, we have mettwurst here which is superior to bratwurst, especially the jalapeno cheese kind :yum:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I thought Aria and Omega in ME2 were cool. Omega perfectly encapsulated that darker, seedier side of the galaxy outside of council space and Aria's grandstanding introduction, while a little corny, let the player know that ME2 was going to be the R-rated followup to ME1's solid PG-13. Aria in ME3 however was just kinda... there, although I guess you could say that about a lot of things in ME3. None of her sidequests really went anywhere and the Omega DLC felt weirdly tacked on in a game that could have benefited from any kind of stronger story DLC.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Iron Crowned posted:

This, when I discovered bratwurst I couldn't go back to hot dogs.
Also, we have mettwurst here which is superior to bratwurst, especially the jalapeno cheese kind :yum:

When I saw this I knew before I even looked at your profile that you were from Cincinnati.

I am so sad that no grocery around me carries the "Hotter than Hot" metts I used to get all the time. I might have to drop down to Jungle Jim's to see what they've got...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

atholbrose posted:

When I saw this I knew before I even looked at your profile that you were from Cincinnati.

I am so sad that no grocery around me carries the "Hotter than Hot" metts I used to get all the time. I might have to drop down to Jungle Jim's to see what they've got...

:yum: those are the best, I got some at Meijer last weekend

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

exquisite tea posted:

I thought Aria and Omega in ME2 were cool. Omega perfectly encapsulated that darker, seedier side of the galaxy outside of council space and Aria's grandstanding introduction, while a little corny, let the player know that ME2 was going to be the R-rated followup to ME1's solid PG-13. Aria in ME3 however was just kinda... there, although I guess you could say that about a lot of things in ME3. None of her sidequests really went anywhere and the Omega DLC felt weirdly tacked on in a game that could have benefited from any kind of stronger story DLC.

I always ignore Aria in ME3. Got more important poo poo to do than to run errands for a jumped-up mob boss, and if those dumb mercs I spent 2/3 of the last game killing in droves aren't smart enough to join the coalition against the Reapers they deserve to die.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

disgusting

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Cythereal posted:

I always ignore Aria in ME3. Got more important poo poo to do than to run errands for a jumped-up mob boss, and if those dumb mercs I spent 2/3 of the last game killing in droves aren't smart enough to join the coalition against the Reapers they deserve to die.

In retrospect it is a bit weird that the main threat of mass effect 2 is only featured in like 3 missions while the three merc groups are the bulk of the enemies, I think even Geth are used as enemies for more missions

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ekusukariba posted:

In retrospect it is a bit weird that the main threat of mass effect 2 is only featured in like 3 missions while the three merc groups are the bulk of the enemies, I think even Geth are used as enemies for more missions

ME2's plot isn't really about the collectors. There's a lot more time and energy devoted to establishing your squad and getting everyone ready, and the real payoff of the big finale is how many of those people survive and why.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
thats why me2 is the best bioware game

character focus is way more interesting than THE BIG BAD DOOM IS COMING focus

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Moola posted:

thats why me2 is the best bioware game

me2 is a really weird way to abbreviate Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://kotaku.com/sources-mass-effect-andromeda-will-not-get-single-pla-1796548159

seems everyone was right. its not getting single player dlc. my honest guess is if they do bring back the franchise, they are just going to do a direct sequel to three.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://kotaku.com/sources-mass-effect-andromeda-will-not-get-single-pla-1796548159

seems everyone was right. its not getting single player dlc. my honest guess is if they do bring back the franchise, they are just going to do a direct sequel to three.

They literally cannot do that because it opens up the giant can of worms that the endings create, and picking a single ending alienates a ton of fans.

At this point they wait 7-8 years and reboot it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's really not that difficult to pick a canonical ending and just go with it, or even combine elements from all three endings. Other franchises have overcome much steeper obstacles to create a convincing sequel. All it would require is someone with an ounce of creativity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

It's really not that difficult to pick a canonical ending and just go with it, or even combine elements from all three endings. Other franchises have overcome much steeper obstacles to create a convincing sequel. All it would require is someone with an ounce of creativity.

Creativity is at a premium right now at Bioware.

Considering there are fundamental changes to the way life works in some of the endings of ME:3, combining them seems like a pretty big stretch. If you want to go within the same universe you pretty much have to do a prequal, or just do a complete reboot or smaller scale story within the confines of the ME world