Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

looking at the last block day matches we know i'm feeling this even more now. yano and kenny spoil misu and okada respectively to allow elgin to advance.

naito vs. omega seems to make more sense to me, but goddamn you do have a knack for calling this poo poo and that would be a pretty cool accomplishment for big mike

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thread title updated to reflect the Long Beach Shows - please tell me if the info is incorrect, I don't want anybody to miss these shows.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It's crazy to me because the Long Beach show is a five minute walk from my work and a 15 minute walk from my apt. I'm super pumped for this weekend.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

oh gently caress oh gently caress I think I'm gonna get tickets to the 8/12 show.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

oh gently caress oh gently caress I think I'm gonna get tickets to the 8/12 show.

As somebody who tried looking for G1 tickets last week: nah, you probably aren't. :smith:

Finally caught up with Dominion and all I have to say is PUSH YOSHI HASHI

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seeing all the matchups shows off how stacked the A block is, god drat :stare:

Also catching up on this thread after Dominion and I think I'm the only person who preferred Naito/Tanahashi to the Kushida match

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

harperdc posted:

As somebody who tried looking for G1 tickets last week: nah, you probably aren't. :smith:

Finally caught up with Dominion and all I have to say is PUSH YOSHI HASHI

2nd floor of sumo hall had seats when I asked my Japanese friend to buy tickets on Monday. I can double check tomorrow but he said his dad was able to get one in the 7500 yen section.

edit: I will also say that the past two years running Fri/Sat/Sun only the Sunday show has sold out.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jun 28, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

Seeing all the matchups shows off how stacked the A block is, god drat :stare:

Also catching up on this thread after Dominion and I think I'm the only person who preferred Naito/Tanahashi to the Kushida match

I did too, but I was extremely not happy about Hiromu losing so that probably played a part.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I was extremely not happy about Naito losing and I still preferred it!!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

you can buy a normal one here.

I wonder if the company selling it now why that specific cat toy has probably just received a sudden bump in sales.

I would honestly rather listen to Kelly and Callis. JR was really bad for the Bate/Dunne match.

I have no interest in JR and cannot stand Josh Barnett. I'd rather listen to it in Japanese.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Spermgod posted:

looking at the last block day matches we know i'm feeling this even more now. yano and kenny spoil misu and okada respectively to allow elgin to advance.

After BoSJ I am a believer. It would also explain why after a six month build to have Elgin win the AAW title from Sami Callihan, they had Sami retain on a lovely roll-up, if Elgin is going to be in Japan more often than not for a while.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

I did too, but I was extremely not happy about Hiromu losing so that probably played a part.

The thing that puts Kushida/Hiromu over Tana/Naito for me was Hiromu’s “MY loving ARM” selling immediately after he tapped to the Hoverboard Lock. He reacts like every muscle in his forearm popped off the bone when Kushida pulled his wrist back.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

The Cameo posted:

The thing that puts Kushida/Hiromu over Tana/Naito for me was Hiromu’s “MY loving ARM” selling immediately after he tapped to the Hoverboard Lock. He reacts like every muscle in his forearm popped off the bone when Kushida pulled his wrist back.

Hiromus promo afterwards was great too

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I was pumped for the US shows this weekend and I've just remembered there's a tournament for the new US title. Awesome

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Does anyone know with the meet and greet if the show ticket gets you in to it or was there a separate ticket for it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/880146443855593473

Harass them if that way inclined. They are the worst.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i'm nowhere near as confident about this one as i was bosj. it's just fun to go out on a limb and hope to look like a genius if i'm right.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I don't see it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Like I get a hit for NJPW World as an app but the search is blank

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I usually just use my Chromecast but man I bet thats even easier :-/

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

:ms:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Also reminder that if you are looking to sign up for NJPW World you should do it Saturday or else they'll probably charge you twice between now and then.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
I loving hate how NJPW world now puts up post match interview clips above the events. It totally spoils the outcome when you see the one wrestler celebrating with the belt while the next vid picture (right above the actual event!) shows the other being held up by two other guys. Spoilers!! WTF, Japan.

It reminds me of the time they changed the banner on the site to advertise the G1 Finals... when I had just logged in to watch the last day of the tournament. :saddowns:

Guess I'll stick to torrents.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Demtor posted:

I loving hate how NJPW world now puts up post match interview clips above the events. It totally spoils the outcome when you see the one wrestler celebrating with the belt while the next vid picture (right above the actual event!) shows the other being held up by two other guys. Spoilers!! WTF, Japan.

It reminds me of the time they changed the banner on the site to advertise the G1 Finals... when I had just logged in to watch the last day of the tournament. :saddowns:

Guess I'll stick to torrents.

gently caress you Japan for spoiling things that have already happened, kind of! I'm gonna steal your poo poo for that!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

exploded mummy posted:

Like I get a hit for NJPW World as an app but the search is blank

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B071GYXVRM

I really hope for an iOS / tvOS app soon.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I got pretty good seats for the Friday G1 Sum Hall show day of last year so I wouldn't be too concerned if you already are in Japan.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How are ticket sales for Long Beach doing?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

EugeneJ posted:

Aren't they totally sold out?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The_Rob posted:

They sold out immediately from memory. At least within 24 hours.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

MassRafTer posted:

gently caress you Japan for spoiling things that have already happened, kind of! I'm gonna steal your poo poo for that!

No. I've been subscribed and paying for years now. It's silly that I have to torrent to avoid spoilers on stuff I pay for.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Can't you just bookmark the events page and go straight to that? I don't think that has any promo clips.

Also what's the best way to trick NJPW World into thinking I live in Panama so I can watch Saturday's show? (Saturday's the one that's geo locked right?)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a vpn

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Demtor posted:

No. I've been subscribed and paying for years now. It's silly that I have to torrent to avoid spoilers on stuff I pay for.

It's not a spoiler if the thing has aired. Complaining that they put up a banner to promote an event happening that day is nuts.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

EugeneJ posted:

The_Rob posted:

Thrifting Day! posted:

They sold out immediately from memory. At least within 24 hours.

First run sold out quickly. People who didn't get tickets moaned. NJPW sold a 2nd round of tickets. People who didn't get tickets moaned.

Edit: Looking forward to Saturday, I got tickets for that day.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 29, 2017

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

8-bit Miniboss posted:

First run sold out quickly. People who didn't get tickets moaned. NJPW sold a 2nd round of tickets. People who didn't get tickets moaned.

Edit: Looking forward to Saturday, I got tickets for that day.

It's in the 10,000-seat Arena, right?

So this will be the biggest non-WWE event attendance-wise in the US since WCW closed?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

It's in the 10,000-seat Arena, right?

So this will be the biggest non-WWE event attendance-wise in the US since WCW closed?

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

SLUM KING posted:

Can't you just bookmark the events page and go straight to that? I don't think that has any promo clips.

Hmm, good call. Just click on an event from the schedule page. Takes you right to the event video. Perfect. I was going through the "series" option from the front of the page. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Okay, got a free trial for Sling TV to watch this darn thing. Lets see what Cody can do when put in the ring with the best.

• Locked thread