Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is choking better than not showing up? I dunno

I'd have to confirm with Cam Newton regarding not showing up, but I would have rather gotten blown out than choked the way we did. :shrug:

Eli Wiggum posted:

*leans into your ear and whispers softly* 28 to 3

Thank you for the original and new burn that hasn't been mentioned thousands of times since February!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When the Chiefs hired Reid a bunch of Eagles fans flooded the Chiefs board saying you're going to hate Reid he'll only get to the AFC championship and then lose.

And we were like what's winning a playoff game precious?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

weird Asian candy posted:

Thank you for the original and new burn that hasn't been mentioned thousands of times since February!
if it makes you feel better i was rooting for you guys

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Eli Wiggum posted:

if it makes you feel better i was rooting for you guys

It doesn't. poo poo is gonna haunt me the rest of my days :smithicide:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
For the Lions to appear in a Superbowl it would imply they won not one, but two, possibly three playoff games, a staggeringly rare event which only occurs once every quarter-century or so. Given that track record, I'd take what I can loving get.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 29, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You really don't.................everytime I think I'm over it, some assholes like you all bring me right back into the pain and suffering :smith:

Eh, give it time, it gets better. I'm not (too) bothered about the 2014 NFCCG collapse anymore.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Eh, give it time, it gets better. I'm not (too) bothered about the 2014 NFCCG collapse anymore.

Man, I hope so cuz it still sucks hard. At least you guys won a championship a few years prior and didn't collapse IN the drat superbowl.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/880562097679024128

Draft, develop and extend.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Man, I hope so cuz it still sucks hard. At least you guys won a championship a few years prior and didn't collapse IN the drat superbowl.

I'm finding it really hard to have any sympathy for you any more. This never ending pity party you have going on is getting old.

Your team was in the super bowl and they lost to probably one of the best teams/dynasties in the history of the NFL.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm finding it really hard to have any sympathy for you any more. This never ending pity party you have going on is getting old.

Your team was in the super bowl and they lost to probably one of the best teams/dynasties in the history of the NFL.

...and?

1. I really could not care less for yours or anyones sympathies.
2. It's been 4 months...where you getting neverending from?
3. My team was up by 25 points against one of the best teams/dynasties with a 99% win percentage at one point late in the game and literally had the largest collapse in Superbowl history, losing the game while never trailing in points until the last play...
4. You can go gently caress yourself!

I think I have a right to be upset.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 30, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I guess you're allowed to be a whiney baby just like I'm allowed to voice my opinions on it.

But then my team won the super bowl so I guess I don't really know what it feels like.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

You really don't.................everytime I think I'm over it, some assholes like you all bring me right back into the pain and suffering :smith:

what no i don't remember warner getting picked for a 99 yard int runback :downsgun: :negative:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

SKULL.GIF posted:

I still see red when somebody says goal line slant

I hid from sports news for 6 months because the pain was too great

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^ :smith: :respek: :smith:

JPrime posted:

what no i don't remember warner getting picked for a 99 yard int runback :downsgun: :negative:

Exactly! Thank you!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I guess you're allowed to be a whiney baby just like I'm allowed to voice my opinions on it.

But then my team won the super bowl so I guess I don't really know what it feels like.

Oh gently caress off. No one is being a whiny baby but whatever you say. Also lol saw that joke coming a mile away. Sick burn!

v You are trying waaaaaaaaaaay too hard to troll here, and I'm pretty much over it so have a great night, pal!

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 30, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oh gently caress off. No one is being a whiny baby but whatever you say. Also lol saw that joke coming a mile away. Sick burn!

Sure. Nope, no whiny babies here.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I guess if anyone is qualified to say if it's better to get blown out in a superbowl or choke in a superbowl, it's Falcons fans.

I love you Shath

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Haha man this is beautiful

*adolf holds out thumb emperor style*
👎🏼

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I guess if anyone is qualified to say if it's better to get blown out in a superbowl or choke in a superbowl, it's Falcons fans.

I love you Shath

Right back at ya, my dude :glomp:

Also, that was a good dig, Silly Burrito. I must admit I chuckled...

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 30, 2017

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Hooray! Worried we were going to let him walk. Guess the Raiders are drafting a tackle with a high pick next year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Prices heavily discounted to make up for the fact that you're sitting in a giant anus.

We were so close to having that all that's missing is the ring Febreze poster needing an update...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

It doesn't. poo poo is gonna haunt me the rest of my days :smithicide:

Well if it makes you feel better, my dumb college team went to back to back Final Fours and lost both times. My heart has never recovered.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think you can make an argument that was the worst sports loss of all time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the finals

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the finals

its different with basketball

the falcons just had to run the clock out and they won.

instead.....

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

FizFashizzle posted:

instead.....

The Cleveland Indians blew not just a 3-1 series lead in the world series and were the first team to lose a world series in extra innings in 97. In 2016 they lost in extra inngings after a loving rain delay in game 7. Falcons fans can suck it up losing to the Patriots dynasty.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Cleveland Indians blew not just a 3-1 series lead in the world series and were the first team to lose a world series in extra innings in 97. In 2016 they lost in extra inngings after a loving rain delay in game 7. Falcons fans can suck it up losing to the Patriots dynasty.

Yeah but Cleveland has recent postseason success to console them, unlike Atlanta.

(lol)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Right back at ya, my dude :glomp:

Also, that was a good dig, Silly Burrito. I must admit I chuckled...

:hfive:

Hey, if anyone can needle Falcons fans, it's us Saints fans. We've earned the right. ;)

Edit: And hell, LSU just lost another championship game, this time in baseball to Florida. It doesn't feel as bad as the Super Bowl loss feels to you, but it still sucks. 2011 still stings though (PLAY JARRETT LEE DAMMIT).

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 30, 2017

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Steelers lost a superbowl in 2010 and it doesn't bother me at all tbh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

It was pretty great if you ask me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Steelers lost a superbowl in 2010 and it doesn't bother me at all tbh

When you've already got six, I could see the loss stinging a bit less.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

When you've already got six, I could see the loss stinging a bit less.

:shrug:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

I would argue that the spurs losing game 6 of the 2013 finals was a much worse loss

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I enjoyed when the football team I'm a fan of, the New England Patriots, decisively defeated the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl, thus cementing their legacy.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'd rather spend $4 on a hot dog than $1

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

losing is extremely fun, funny, and good.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
might even say it makes you Glad

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cavauro posted:

losing is extremely fun, funny, and good.

The 49ers going straight from 3 straight nfccg to a dumpster fire doesnt make me mad at all I'm laughing in fact

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

instead.....
kyle shanahan managed to out-dumb his father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a patagonian cavy posted:

might even say it makes you Glad

yeah.

Spoeank posted:

The 49ers going straight from 3 straight nfccg to a dumpster fire doesnt make me mad at all I'm laughing in fact

Yeah!

• Locked thread