Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Intruder posted:

I only used it for Astros games since I cut the cord so since I can't VPN anymore I really can't be bothered to care

Tried DNS trickery? Used it for a couple years without any issues, and fairly inexpensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That sucks about Trea Turner. He is fun as hell to watch.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ragle posted:

Michael Fulmer until today featured four pitches: 2-seamer, 4-seamer, change, slider. MLB career 252 IP 3.14 ERA with them.
Now he's added a curve to be even more unfair to hitters:

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/880511210785058816

He also is a plumber in the offseason.

Like imagine his work schedule: unclog toilet, learn filthy curveball.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Oh good Matt Adams is hurt

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

all the king's horses and all the king's men have been called in

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is the thread title's fault

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That $10 MLB.tv sale was extended, dunno how long.

Joey Freshwater posted:

News alert I saw said just a contusion, X-rays were negative.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

https://twitter.com/eboland11/status/880558780152500229

Guess they think Andujar still needs to work on his defense if they're not comfortable playing him every day at third.

Edit: I guess I would have preferred that they option Refs instead. Guy can't play good defense at any position and he hasn't shown the ability to hit. I don't know what his role on the team is other than being Aaron Judge's friend. Williams at least plays decent defense and can pinch run.

Andujar does need more work on defense at 3B, and I don't think they would want him or Headley to try and learn 1B on the fly. I wouldn't be shocked if Andujar played a mix of 1B and 3B back in AAA now.

They also have nine of ten games before the break against right handed starters, and I assume they want to play the splits with Fowler.

Also, Fowler and Wade were Rule 5 eligible this year anyway, and Fowler is the new, younger, better(?) version of Mason Williams anyway. Just moving up the time they had to make the change. The system is still so stacked with OF.

I am very surprised that Refs is still on the team, though, given they clearly do not have faith him to do...anything. I think they totally wasted their chance by not playing him over Drew the other year.

As far as Carter goes, they really didn't have an option there, honestly. Playing Romine every day at 1B leaves them without a BUC and I have a feeling that would blow up in their faces sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Maybe Carter took the 5 days to really clear his head and he's gonna mash! Right?!

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 30, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Is it not possible at all anymore? I used one last year and it was flawless.

hobotrashcanfires posted:

Tried DNS trickery? Used it for a couple years without any issues, and fairly inexpensive.

I used a DNS forwarder in the past but apparently MLB is cracking down on anything hard so YMMV

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Luigi Thirty posted:

MLB.TV is $10 for the next 50 minutes fyi

Still working, just signed up, thanks!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
...aaaaaaaaaand on the first ball hit his way (a foul that ended up in the seats) Dustin Fowler hurt his knee badly enough that they're carting him off the field.

Hadn't even gotten an AB yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jesus. In the first inning Fowler falls into the stands chasing a foul ball and has to be carted off the field with a knee injury.

I'm heartbroken for the kid and hope its nothing serious... but also what the hell Yankee roster?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

gently caress! Fowler is the coolest person to ever wear a Cardinals uniform.

Edit: Oh gently caress me you're talking about Dustin.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

STAC Goat posted:

Jesus. In the first inning Fowler falls into the stands chasing a foul ball and has to be carted off the field with a knee injury.

I'm heartbroken for the kid and hope its nothing serious... but also what the hell Yankee roster?

Hey I guess Mason Williams is keeping his 40-man spot for a while yet!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
How much value does Jaime Garcia have left?

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

STAC Goat posted:

gently caress, I hope he just bone bruised it. and didn't tear his acl or something major

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ruptured patella tendon

surgery TONIGHT

out for the season

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

That's awful.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

ruptured patella tendon

surgery TONIGHT

out for the season

Wow

That's awful

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Abel Wingnut posted:

ruptured patella tendon

surgery TONIGHT

out for the season

That really sucks, that's the same injury Victor Cruz had.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

How bad is that as a long term injury? Because getting called up and hurting yourself on your first defensive play before you get an AB is loving heartbreaking and I pray to God its not the end of his story.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

How bad is that as a long term injury? Because getting called up and hurting yourself on your first defensive play before you get an AB is loving heartbreaking and I pray to God its not the end of his story.

I know in football it's kind of a death knell for a career, not sure about baseball

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well I can't imagine its good for an OFer.

drat. Just drat. That poo poo's hosed up.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
He hits that wall so hard.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
They said open rupture, any of the medical people on here want to confirm my suspicions, does that mean something broke through the skin? Googling din't give me much

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://m.mlb.com/nyy/video/v1554798583/nyycws-fowler-carted-off-the-field-after-injury/?query=dustin%2Bfowler

Yeah the knee isn't supposed to look like that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do I... do I really want to click that?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ragle posted:

Michael Fulmer until today featured four pitches: 2-seamer, 4-seamer, change, slider. MLB career 252 IP 3.14 ERA with them.
Now he's added a curve to be even more unfair to hitters:

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/880511210785058816

That is disgusting.

e: I'm going to not click on bad knee injury also.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Fowler :(

What a rough start to you big league career. Although that means we may see Frazier soon

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kershaw has zero time for all of your "Is Kershaw no longer the best pitcher in baseball?" columns.

7 IP, 0 ER, 2 BB, 12 K tonight.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 30, 2017

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Intruder posted:

Do I... do I really want to click that?

It's not awful just his kneecap is poking up out of place under his pant leg. I would think it looks pretty bad underneath though

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

I know in football it's kind of a death knell for a career, not sure about baseball

Victor Cruz tore the same tendon in October and was back in training camp the next summer. Then injured his calf and was out another year, but he came back from that and is still playing.

Everything I've seen says that people can expect a full return of motion and strength as long as it's repaired quickly. OF also doesn't require nearly as much lateral movement or powering through large, padded men.

https://twitter.com/_BenDiamond/status/880645672063684608

humpthewind posted:

Fowler :(

What a rough start to you big league career. Although that means we may see Frazier soon

I highly doubt they start the clock on Frazier for a 4th OF spot. My money is on them just rescinding the designation for Mason Williams.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Troxartas posted:

They said open rupture, any of the medical people on here want to confirm my suspicions, does that mean something broke through the skin? Googling din't give me much

did they say open repair? that just describes the surgical approach. an open rupture does imply that there was a break in the skin, potentially the patella reached escaped velocity after being untethered from the tibia.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Troxartas posted:

I can't find it in my medical books right now, but I believe an open lesion of the tendon means that it was deeply cut/lacerated (usually from penetrating trauma) whereas if it was a closed lesion then it was caused by a crushing mechanism or if the tendon itself pulls a piece of the bone off from where the tendon was attached (avulsion fracture)

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 30, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It's not like Joe Theisman bad, they don't like zoom in on his demolished knee, but from everyone's faces you can tell it's really bad.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

I can't find it in my medical books right now, but I believe an open lesion of the tendon means that it was deeply cut/lacerated (usually from penetrating trauma) whereas if it was a closed lesion then it was caused by a crushing mechanism or if the tendon itself pulls a piece of the bone off from where the tendon was attached.

That's weird, because he wasn't bleeding. If he hit the edge of the wall and it kind of "pinched" the tendon enough to tear, would that count?

I'm also seeing that "open rupture" just means a full tear.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It's not like Joe Theisman bad, they don't like zoom in on his demolished knee, but from everyone's faces you can tell it's really bad.

Well those reactions had something to do with the whole "first day in the majors" aspect of it.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

That's weird, because he wasn't bleeding. If he hit the edge of the wall and it kind of "pinched" the tendon enough to tear, would that count?

I'm also seeing that "open rupture" just means a full tear.

Actually, I think I was wrong. An open lesion can be due to laceration, crushing or avulsion. Closed rupture could be due to degenerative diseases. I only had a semester of orthopedic surgery in med school, though, so I'm not an expert at this stuff at all either.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Inspector_666 posted:

Victor Cruz tore the same tendon in October and was back in training camp the next summer. Then injured his calf and was out another year, but he came back from that and is still playing.

Everything I've seen says that people can expect a full return of motion and strength as long as it's repaired quickly. OF also doesn't require nearly as much lateral movement or powering through large, padded men.

https://twitter.com/_BenDiamond/status/880645672063684608

I highly doubt they start the clock on Frazier for a 4th OF spot. My money is on them just rescinding the designation for Mason Williams.

Do you think that three years from now they are going to be worried about Frazier if he is still in AAA? If he is still there, something has gone wrong with his development

He seems like the kind of guy that may use one, maybe two, options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

open refers to the injury mechanism resulting in a break in the skin and basically means the tendon was lacerated. in this case, the wall must have traumatically cut his tendon.

• Locked thread