Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
N: C/O 2020 (rising sophomore) recruit lists his offers via map. He's committed to TCU.

https://twitter.com/c1_era/status/879511739435503616

V: TCU has 3 years to get him eligible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crotch Bat posted:

N: C/O 2020 (rising sophomore) recruit lists his offers via map. He's committed to TCU.

... I'm the Illinois in Wisconsin.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

iospace posted:

... I'm the Illinois in Wisconsin.

and the Indiana in Illinois

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Moving away has taught me that no one outside the Midwest has any idea where anything there is. I have heard at least four people call Chicago a state. They know California, they know New York, they usually know Florida and Texas and everywhere else there be dragons

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I mean, I think most people can be forgiven for mixing up Indiana and Illinois because honestly nothing of note is contingent on those states.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Quandary posted:

I mean, I think most people can be forgiven for mixing up Indiana and Illinois because honestly nothing of note is contingent on those states.

1) Chicago is very large and notable!

2) you have a dang Oklahoma avatar, my dude. If anyone knows where that state is it's because it happens to have hosed up boundaries and look like a pot

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Do people in flyover states fight over stuff like whose state is quickest to drive through or the best spots to do meth or whose state has the best place to hang yourself?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The elephant in the room is Purdue.

What the hell state does he think that is? Purduesylvania?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
At least Missouri has two big cities in it (by far and away the only parts of the state worth a poo poo). Anything between Missouri and Colorado sucks rear end, going south to Oklahoma and north to Canada.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Sash! posted:

The elephant in the room is Purdue.

What the hell state does he think that is? Purduesylvania?

Go Purd State

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

If he created this graphic he's going to need all 3

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

vyst posted:

If he created this graphic he's going to need all 3

It was created by some dude from Oregon

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/mattbrowncfb/status/880420115375849472

Really good article that pretty much sums up my feelings on Ferentz. He can be frustrating, plays boring football, and it's easy to make jokes about his contract but overall he's done really well here. Whenever he finally retires Iowa fans are going to remember him fondly, even the ones that hate him now. It'd be nice if we were a little closer to what Wisconsin has been (our highs are about as high but their floor is a lot higher) but we're also not Minnesota or Illinois when we very easily could be. Being pretty good for a long time is underrated.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

MourningView posted:

1) Chicago is very large and notable!

2) you have a dang Oklahoma avatar, my dude. If anyone knows where that state is it's because it happens to have hosed up boundaries and look like a pot

I offer no defenses of Oklahoma it was a fun place to go to college, and then also a fun place to leave immediately after graduation.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MourningView posted:

Moving away has taught me that no one outside the Midwest has any idea where anything there is. I have heard at least four people call Chicago a state. They know California, they know New York, they usually know Florida and Texas and everywhere else there be dragons

My experience as well. I had to literally draw a map of Nebraska and then Colorado next to it for her to understand where it was :psyduck:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Those states touch, that is even sadder! At least Californian have the excuse of being very far away geographically speaking.

I also get asked about Potatoes and/or places in Ohio a lot which I know is more a result of the states having vaguely similar sounding names than geographic confusion but it still makes me a little sad every time.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

They really should fail more people in elementary school.

I'm not too worried if you can't name all the presidents in order because it doesn't really matter, but you should be able place every state on a map. That has practical application.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Do people in flyover states fight over stuff like whose state is quickest to drive through or the best spots to do meth or whose state has the best place to hang yourself?

No, We all agree Indiana is the best place to hang yourself.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

MourningView posted:

Alaska is an island south of California.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sash! posted:

They really should fail more people in elementary school.

I'm not too worried if you can't name all the presidents in order because it doesn't really matter, but you should be able place every state on a map. That has practical application.

nah if you aren't on a coast you don't matter

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

Counterpoint: chicago

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Counterpoint: chicago

Yo!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

KKKLIP ART posted:

mid west coast
the best coast

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

also ive heard boise idaho is the tits

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Boise actually is really nice, yeah. Salt Lake is also significantly cooler than you would think it is.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Living in Indiana was horrible, gently caress the Midwest. I mean most places suck, but especially the Midwest.

Indiana is flat cornfields everywhere, culture is like the bad parts of southern culture except there aren't any black people (I saw more confederate flags in Indiana than I do living in the actual south), lovely food, cold and dreary five months a year.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 30, 2017

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Boise is a nice little city, yeah. What's the name of those little fried things they serve as bar food there? Looks like a hush puppy but it's like...I dunno fried butter or something. Delicious.

In regards to the mid west, at least y'all have an excuse. You know what's a boring rear end place that has no good excuse? loving Maine. Most boring coastal state by a mile. I always wondered why I saw so many Maine tags down in SC and now I loving know.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i'm just going to leave this story here and walk away.

E: be forewarned, it is extremely hosed up and possibly NSFW. A Rochester player was kidnapped and tortured for 40+ hours because of a teammate and drug deals gone bad. This is some poo poo that makes the Saw or Hostel movies look tame.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 30, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Boise actually is really nice, yeah. Salt Lake is also significantly cooler than you would think it is.

Someone I know from college moved there and her Instagram for the first year was just perpetual amazing pictures of mountains. Sadly I am not close enough friends to justify visiting, as most of my vacations are based around couches I can crash on.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DJExile posted:

E: be forewarned, it is extremely hosed up and possibly NSFW. A Rochester player was kidnapped and tortured for 40+ hours because of a teammate and drug deals gone bad. This is some poo poo that makes the Saw or Hostel movies look tame.

Maybe nuclear obliteration isn't too good of a fate for humanity.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/seccountryuf/status/880636149341016068

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 30, 2017

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

jfc what the hell is wrong with people

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The article says nine people went to prison, when it would be more pleasant if it said nine people were dragged into the street, shot in the back of their head, and their bodies strung up on some lamp posts.

Worthless human garbage.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Sash! posted:

Worthless human garbage.

You know, I'm usually bothered when people are referred to as garbage since that sort of mentality is often the reason why those individuals devolved into that garbage state, but I'm OK with it in this case.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Jesus. I feel sick to my stomach after reading that. It brought back a ton of memories about Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian in Knoxville. Don't google that if you don't want your day ruined, but I'm sure some people here will remember that case too.

Someone post something funny

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Frasier is Netflix. Go watch, now!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Longhorn Football since Mack Brown left

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Joey Freshwater posted:

This year's Big 12 conference is going to be awesome. Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor that is a formidable group. Did you hear that SEC? Formidable?

really hope someone gets the reference

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

tactlessbastard posted:

Frasier is Netflix. Go watch, now!

It's been on there for awhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU