Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Stupid sexy graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pubic works project posted:

Ehud, I'm really mad that we can't have the TFF Pool Party at your house. :argh:

this neighborhood has this community pool you can join

It's seriously adorable

also I joined the neighborhood FB group and found out that they have a 4th of July event where all the kids decorate their bikes and pets and ride down to the pool and the best decorations and pet costumes win prizes and also there is a cookout and ice cream sundae bar

Anytown USA

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

missed opportunity to write "florida town trying to get to the bottom of the butt graffiti"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Women's tennis chat!

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/880610347236773888

Not good!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Okay fine, she's better at tennis then the best male tennis players as long as she's got a car.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Kalli posted:

Okay fine, she's better at tennis then the best male tennis players as long as she's got a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpvAR5KqkBQ

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ulmont posted:

Wouldn't any sort of handle gently caress up your ability to transfer from stovetop to oven?

Everything I have seen is a cover like thing that slips on and off, would be difficult to take it off after transferring to the oven.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

A male driver would have killed 700 people.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

A male driver would have killed 700 people.

:thurman:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I hope they get to the bottom of this.

The number of puns in this video is amazing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
i'll consider buying a place again once i'm done drowning in debt lmao i'll be dead by then

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We sign the paperwork tomorrow

We will be free of these fucktard sellers.

Keys on 7/17 fuuuuuck yeah

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My flight got delayed 4 hours, and we had to switch to a new airplane because none of the toilets worked in our old plane. New plane has half the people, which is good!

I know Louis CK has a joke about going back in time to tell the Wright brothers about waiting on the tarmac but drat this was the most stressful flight experience.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I bought a house in Portland late last year that is on the edge of the gentrification bubble and there's like a 50/50 shot that it either skyrockets in value or ends up surrounded by heroin dens. Excited to find out which.

To be clear, there is already one heroin den, I'm just not surrounded yet. Within my first few weeks here I had a lady park her uhaul in front of my driveway, blocking me in, then go into her apartment to get high and pass out for 24 hours. I know this because someone else came to my door to tell me that she couldn't move her uhaul because she got him and passed out on her floor. Not supposition.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

swickles posted:

Everything I have seen is a cover like thing that slips on and off, would be difficult to take it off after transferring to the oven.

I just fold a tea towel over once or twice and grab that bitch. Never been a problem in the past. Just don't forget because if you're used to using a regular frying pan it's surprisingly easy just to go to grab the handle.

big money big clit posted:

I bought a house in Portland late last year that is on the edge of the gentrification bubble and there's like a 50/50 shot that it either skyrockets in value or ends up surrounded by heroin dens. Excited to find out which.

To be clear, there is already one heroin den, I'm just not surrounded yet. Within my first few weeks here I had a lady park her uhaul in front of my driveway, blocking me in, then go into her apartment to get high and pass out for 24 hours. I know this because someone else came to my door to tell me that she couldn't move her uhaul because she got him and passed out on her floor. Not supposition.

I kinda did something similar I bought a house in an area I grew up in that went to the dogs when I was in my early teens. Developers built high density housing not far from the original suburban sprawl and the jerks that invested kept the rent low to take advantage of tax loopholes in Australia. The resulting scum that moved in kicked the crime rates up a notch and property prices went down pretty quickly after my folks moved out. When I bought two years ago it was featured about a week after I signed the papers in a few journals as the best place in Queensland to invest in real estate because it's 20-30 minutes from all three city / business centers and the area is already as developed as it can get.

Its already getting gentrified as hell and there's a lot of nice new cafe's etc going in. Just gotta wait for the remaining degenerates to get moved off down the line. Property nearly doubles every 7 years out here and I'm lucky enough to be in a good spot. Paying off a mortgage solo is loving rough though, taxes go up every year and wages haven't been rising with inflation. The lower to middle tax brackets haven't shifted in Aus either, so even though I make decent money bracket creep in taxes and a rising cost of living means it just gets harder unless I get a huge uptick in money coming in. I'm just lucky I have like 8k in student debt and not 50 or 60.

The property market in Australia is really poo poo. In the 1980s the government allowed people to write off spending on investment properties against their taxable income. So there's a whole bunch of rich fucks who have five or six houses who get a massive tax return every year and just hold on to property they also pay less in tax year to year than someone with no investment properties earning a lower wage. The problem is now that this is where all the funding for the unions and for the right leaning parties come from and it's also a huge demographic of voters so its unlikely to change. The govt also makes foreign investment super attractive so there's a whole lot of chinese money in real estate (something like 1 in 3 houses purchased is now purchased by Chinese investors). Literally hundreds of houses just sitting vacant because it's a rathole for money. Meanwhile our politicians just say "millennials need to work harder" and dudes who own a property empire from daddies money go on morning TV and say millennials spend to much money on "avocado and coffee in cafes".

I'm not an "eat the rich" kind of dude, but gently caress my parents generation are a pack of entitled cunts.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hey how many of you fools used to post on NFL Draft Countdown. I know I've seen some old usernames from there

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Last time I went to that site the draft guru didnt have scouting reports.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

arm yourselves chicagoons

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/880739852286918656

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Tebow hit a home run in his first High-A game

all he does is make haters hate

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dear the Donald,

There is more violent crime per capita up the road from me in Spartanburg, SC.

pls send the Feds!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

very excited to see Baby Driver this weekend

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Dear the Donald,

There is more violent crime per capita up the road from me in Spartanburg, SC.

pls send the Feds!!

I 85 corridor don't play

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Break room culture microcosm

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ehud posted:

Same, but Despicable M3.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

Idk know whether I wanna see that or Darktower more! I don't wanna make a bad choice!

Can see both obviously, but I don't really have a lot of time this time of year

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

:hfive: looks dope

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Idk know whether I wanna see that or Darktower more! I don't wanna make a bad choice!

Can see both obviously, but I don't really have a lot of time this time of year

See both

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol trump is invading chicago

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Goddamn he really hates Obama

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm now unemployed

:toot:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm now unemployed

:toot:

Congrats

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

Lol trump is invading chicago
He's just salty about Chicagoans taunting Trump Tower

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It is cool how Trump can pretty much only visit parts of Florida, Iowa, Youngstown, OH, and Saudi Arabia now. He can't even return home.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Off to grad school in the fall

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Off to grad school in the fall

I am so jealous.

what for?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I have 1200 unread posts in this thread did I miss anything

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

I have 1200 unread posts in this thread did I miss anything

Donald Trump and Mike mostly.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Regarding the youtube idiots from yesterday:

quote:

According to a Star Tribune report citing a nearby television station in North Dakota, the shooting took place near their home as their three-year-old daughter was nearby. An aunt of Ruiz, who was not named by WDAY-TV, was quoted as saying that she knew what they planned to do and that she tried to talk them out of it.

The aunt said Ruiz replied: "'Because we want more viewers. We want to get famous.'"

Perez, 19, was released on bail on Wednesday. She is pregnant with their second child.

:ughh:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
A beautiful Friday, and a 4-day weekend.

What are the plans, my friends?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This goon will be celebrating the independence of the greatest country ever, in this gorgeous weather, in the most appropriate of ways;

staying inside and learning SQL and python

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Loving this story in small town Florida where some yahoo lost track of his two year old daughter, found her being held by a brown person who was asking various people if they knew where her dad is, assaulted the guy, then after police proved the guy was just trying to be a good samaratin opted to smear the guy on social media to the point where he had to leave town because of death threats and is still unapologetic

http://abcnews.go.com/US/good-samaritan-targeted-beaten-helping-lost-toddler/story?id=48319909

It doesn't mention it in that story but the guy who was attacked has the last name "Patel" so we can guess what the real deal was

• Locked thread