Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Reply All

Zits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I vaguely hear the sound of thousands of letters to the editor being furiously typed out.

"comic strips"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Imagine if this was about an actual doctor, 'my doctor's babysitter (is that what she is basically?) has a gay friend, time to look for a new doctor!'

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Gay minor character associated with a second tier character. Oh the horror.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

You know, I'm sad we'll never get Newspaper Spider-baby, it seems like Stan was considering it for a second there but decided against it. I think we established in the NSM thread that as a newborn infant, she'd probably be the smartest character.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

Note to Jam Esallen: Most women have normal sized foreheads.

Elvgren, huh? That's an unusual name. I wonder what made Jam think of it.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Acknowledging that gay people exist?? What is this crazy mixed up PC world we live in!!

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend Midsummer Day Dreams (click for huge)

And He Did. (October, 1916)

Outbursts of Everett True (December, 1916)

Doings of the Duffs. (October, 1918, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (October, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (September, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (March, 1941)

Archie (February, 1956, click for big)

Tweedy (August, 1956, click for big)

Feiffer (1974, click for big)

Andy Capp (December, 1971, click for big)

Wee Pals (January, 1972, click for big)

Dick Tracy (October, 2001, click for big)

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
The end begins? :ohdear:

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Some Sunday Nancy I found - just for fun.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set will worry about that when it gets here.

Working Daze faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix just raises further questions!

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Classic Dinette Set will worry about that when it gets here.

This is hilarious.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Oh, good! For a second there I thought Brad might be a GAY! Happy Pride Month, everyone!

just put Shannon on the couch, you weird idiots

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think the only explanation for literally every character in Luann is that they're all children who got turned to adults like in Big

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

random old Viivi & Wagner

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

faaaaaaart Ok we can stop this strip now, right?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

I seriously thought they weren't going to do this. gently caress. I should not have underestimated how hacky this guy is.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

it would be extremely dope if we just never posted intelligent life again after this

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Slammy posted:

Dream of the Rarebit Fiend Midsummer Day Dreams (click for huge)

Now even "comic strips" are PC; queer arms in Midsummer Day Dreams by Winsor McCay. Time to find a new bedtime snack.

Best case scenario for Intelligent Life, the girl realizes that she actually knows people who define themselves by geeky hobbies and would never date them.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

gently caress you

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Johnny Walker posted:

I seriously thought they weren't going to do this. gently caress. I should not have underestimated how hacky this guy is.
I'm wondering if Reddick gets/listens to reader interaction, and how long he's been getting asked if it was going to turn out to be Skip - and if he's had people guessing it for as long as people in this thread were, if he even considered for a second not doing the most obvious and dumb thing imaginable? Or if he's just been going "boy these readers sure are sharp to have figure my incredibly ingenious plot twist so far in advance!"

kidcoelacanth posted:

it would be extremely dope if we just never posted intelligent life again after this
I'm pretty sure I said something like this after the first week. If only we could go back and retroactively not read it at all.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'd be fine with this.

We've got enough genuinely good strips and good hatereads these days that we can just drop the actually irredeemably bad poo poo.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Man I knew it was going to be somebody she already knew as soon as she gave "Floyd" a fake name. I was hoping it wasn't gonna Skip but like, who else was there for it to be?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I'm wondering if Reddick gets/listens to reader interaction, and how long he's been getting asked if it was going to turn out to be Skip - and if he's had people guessing it for as long as people in this thread were, if he even considered for a second not doing the most obvious and dumb thing imaginable? Or if he's just been going "boy these readers sure are sharp to have figure my incredibly ingenious plot twist so far in advance!"

quote:

theblackcat101 • 5 hours ago
Hurrah, it is Skip. Gwen don't run away, you two have bonded over the internet, you know he is a good person.

Mark Baker • 5 hours ago
It's fated to be!

thegeeezer • 4 hours ago
The suspense is over - and good luck to them !!!

Zod1966 • 4 hours ago
Yayyyyyyy finally! 👍🏻 I'm happy it turned out this way.

Now all we need is a woman for Mike...although that will be difficult to imagine. Lol

Mike Carlson Fan Zod1966 • 4 hours ago
A woman for Mike? Now, that would be one very unusual lady!

Gent Mike Carlson Fan • 3 hours ago
Nobody's bothered about poor Barry...

eddi_the_Bad_Hombre Gent • 2 hours ago
He seems to think he doesn't need help.

Zod1966 • 4 hours ago
By the way now that the big reveal is over, you can check out the strip from August 6, 2016 to see the hint that David was referring to yesterday.

eddi_the_Bad_Hombre Zod1966 • 2 hours ago
Kirk or Picard?

Mike Carlson Fan • 4 hours ago
Yahoo! It's Skip! Perfect. Har har.

Gent Mike Carlson Fan • 3 hours ago
I knew it! So did the rest of us I believe...

Gent • 3 hours ago
And they lived geekily ever after...
OMG - Oh My Geek !

eddi_the_Bad_Hombre • 2 hours ago
(STANDING OVATION!!) I told you we would this. Who'll join me?

•Reply•Share ›

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Or if he started the whole thing with the intent to gather from the comments if readers would accept if it was Skip, giving himself enough lead time to implement a plan B if not.

e: or just straight up thought “let's see who the readers want it to be.“

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 30, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (July 3-4, 1995)

Garfield Classic (July 3-4, 1985)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Meh, credit where credit is due, Reddick could've pulled the whole "fat nerd realizes it's girl nerd, gets cold feet and dodges the situation, we get another 5 years of pining from afar". It's still terrible, but it could have been worse.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix just raises further questions!

http://english.bouletcorp.com/2011/12/08/pixel-quantum/

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm so glad that finally the fat unbearable nerd found his dream girl and she turned out to be the normal person from work who was retconned into being a giant nerd to be a friend to him and then became an even bigger nerd to make him seem normal by comparison. It's just such good story telling, I'm tugging my star wars micropenis in anticipation of where the adventure goes next, Maoi Yin.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
:fuckoff:

Flash Gordon

2001 Spiderman

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I always liked that Arlo and Janis have a cat instead of a dog, and that Arlo dotes on it so much. I don't know why, it's kind of a dumb thing to care about, I don't even like cats that much. I guess it's because you usually associate dads with dogs in fiction.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
The top of a pair of breasts is just a flat surface, right? Nothing to keep a necklace from dropping down out of sight? Another masterful drawing.

Calvin and Hobbes

Zippy

Ripley's

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiggum posted:

My prediction was that it would be a guy that looks exactly like Skip, but just like with a beard or something to make him a little different, and would be a long storyline with her and not-Skip, eventually leading to the two main characters getting together. This is only slightly better than what he's doing, but I still think it's better than this poo poo.

F Minus

Mark Trail

All the same character.

Mary Worth

Seems Derek is leaving out a detail or two here.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Hurry? Well they better use dynamite then!

Apartment 3-G

Oh my God she's dead!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Zod1966 • 4 hours ago
By the way now that the big reveal is over, you can check out the strip from August 6, 2016 to see the hint that David was referring to yesterday.

:crossarms:

Welp.

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones
I'm only getting a broken image today again. Not sure if it's me or Comics Kingdom or some unholy collaboration of the two, but I tried reloading a bunch of times. :shrug:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

I seriously didn't think that this, the hackiest and most obvious of all plot twists, was actually going to be how it turned out. What a dogshit comic.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones
I'm only getting a broken image today again. Not sure if it's me or Comics Kingdom or some unholy collaboration of the two, but I tried reloading a bunch of times. :shrug:
It worked for me. I don't know if the issue is with you or them but here's the comic anyways.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

No, seriously, can we stop posting Intelligent Life now, guys? Or even bringing it up ever again?

It's that loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

No, seriously, can we stop posting Intelligent Life now, guys? Or even bringing it up ever again?

It's that loving terrible.

I've developed a resistance to it. I would no sooner read that than 9 dickweed lane.

• Locked thread