Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Zo posted:

why is it funny i only play on asia? also i would never criticize anybody's playstyle, just have fun

i was just pointing out that "all bridge campers are bad shots" is pretty terrible advice from the trenches of matchmaking

Generally people go to other regions to get easy games.

I'm pretty sure the people in the mmr of Good Bridge Campers aren't the ones bitching about how hard it is to get past bridge campers. Everyone is bad, try and do big jumps and get throwable kills. Have fun!

busb posted:

I too just play this game to have fun.
*Prones from 25 alive and dies to the circle having never fired a bullet from my suppressed awm*

This is the game I tryhard! <dies to gas>. The wins are the best when the whole game was a blur of fun and suddenly you're in a small circle with a few idiots left and you clutch it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Generally people go to other regions to get easy games.

you know how mmr works right? if you keep playing a region, your rating goes up, and then you no longer get easy games

also i only play on asia because i live in japan, but i do appreciate you going through my old posts to try to find something to "pin" on me i guess lmao

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Lol I mean I guess some people like wild firefights while crashing cars into other cars/people on bridges and some people like spending a few minutes swimming. Thats the best part of this game, everyone can have fun their own way! If someone kills me because they put a bunch of different vehicles on the bridge I think its funny. Much better than getting shot in a field or the water

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Shut up shut up I can hear someone. *Stays prone*

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Lol I mean I guess some people like wild firefights while crashing cars into other cars/people on bridges and some people like spending a few minutes swimming. Thats the best part of this game, everyone can have fun their own way! If someone kills me because they put a bunch of different vehicles on the bridge I think its funny. Much better than getting shot in a field or the water

:goonsay: But what if their way is WRONG!

sum
Nov 15, 2010

If the early and mid-game wasn't so horrifically boring I probably wouldn't care about dying so much. Not sure what could be done about that though.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

sum posted:

If the early and mid-game wasn't so horrifically boring I probably wouldn't care about dying so much. Not sure what could be done about that though.
the game is already designed for a fun early and mid game though, it's just you have to choose to go for it

early game is fun if you exclusively land at school and military base (this is what we do), then mid game can be spiced up if you go for crates which inevitably leads to fights

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

sum posted:

Get a vehicle and drive straight to the boxes airplanes drop.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm pretty sure the people in the mmr of Good Bridge Campers aren't the ones bitching about how hard it is to get past bridge campers. Everyone is bad, try and do big jumps and get throwable kills. Have fun!

I honestly haven't seen any bridge camper in high elo. I imagine that the people up there are all trying to climb and camping a bridge is a really easy way to die to snipers targeting bridge campers. Maybe there are more in full squad games. But in solo and duo it feels like people are dreadfully afraid of coming anywhere close to the bridge, so I just run my car through it like it's the safest place on earth.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Elentor posted:

I honestly haven't seen any bridge camper in high elo. I imagine that the people up there are all trying to climb and camping a bridge is a really easy way to die to snipers targeting bridge campers. Maybe there are more in full squad games. But in solo and duo it feels like people are dreadfully afraid of coming anywhere close to the bridge, so I just run my car through it like it's the safest place on earth.

Yea, its usually not high ELO guys that are thinking they'll be the next Lirik because they've seen one video. High ELO guys find out what works on their own and learn to adapt. That said, everyone stop watching streams and maybe you'll actually learn how to play.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Elentor posted:

Basically my thoughts on it as well. Squad games are just a shitshow no matter what

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Mauser posted:

What is the barrel attachment on the new AR? Normal rifle attachments don't work. Sorry if this has been asked, im 100 posts back

I'd like to know this, too. I just got one and my AR compensator didn't fit. I also didn't get to use it because someone came out of the blue behind me and shot me in the back, as is the PUBG way.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I've had the most fun in squad matches just grabbing a vehicle and whatever guns we could find off the bat and going toward whatever action we can find. People seem to not expect kamikaze squads.

That said the game is a little too camp/snipe friendly at the moment and I'm looking forward to custom servers with no sniper rifles or scopes better than 2x.

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I'd like to know this, too. I just got one and my AR compensator didn't fit. I also didn't get to use it because someone came out of the blue behind me and shot me in the back, as is the PUBG way.

The Groza has a built in comp. Only accepts silencers

Mark David Chapman fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 30, 2017

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

How is the eurogoon crowd in this game? I really have to stop playing late as gently caress with Americans like I did with Battlefield 1 if these sleeping meds are gonna do their magic, which is why I'm still up at 5am of course.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Unpopular opinion: games you win aren't actually the most fun. I definitely have the most fun playing very aggressive games that almost always end badly with me engaging multiple people with just an uzi. 25% of the time you murder 4 people with an uzi though and it is all worth it. Then you get shot in the head by some loser with a kar98 when you go to loot them.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
There are some on discord. I am a night shift worker and sometimes get duos

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
I'm still really bad at this game but discovered that a squad win that you win for your team is fun, but a squad game where your entire team survives is fuckin rad. I only got one kill but it was from hitting some kid hiding in a house in the face with a Molotov. I also managed to serve as a distraction for the only other surviving team, call out for a friend as soon as I was hit, and get rezzed after he got the jump on them.

God this game is loving awesome.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Unpopular opinion: games you win aren't actually the most fun. I definitely have the most fun playing very aggressive games that almost always end badly with me engaging multiple people with just an uzi. 25% of the time you murder 4 people with an uzi though and it is all worth it. Then you get shot in the head by some loser with a kar98 when you go to loot them.

totally agree. some of my most fun games have started with a school rooftop battle or a shootout at the airfield.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I punched 2 dudes to death in a duo match after they downed my teammate.
It was glorious.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Gildiss posted:

I punched 2 dudes to death in a duo match after they downed my teammate.
It was glorious.

I would have had them since I had the only pistol, but they trapped me in a corner and punched me before I could load it :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

succ posted:

anyone feel like there are less ARs?

i know they dont publish some nerfs but ive been playing all day and havent seen many

I've found guns no problem, but optics have been seriously lacking. Of any kind, not just magnifying.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

sum posted:

If the early and mid-game wasn't so horrifically boring I probably wouldn't care about dying so much

I don't understand how you could arrive at this opinion unless you're straight out avoiding high density places like Pochinky, School, or Military. My favorite thing to do in this game is to drop into crowded places and basically 'capture' them from other people.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
killing a whole other squad with your frying pan when everyone drops and there are no guns is the best feeling ever

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

I don't understand how you could arrive at this opinion unless you're straight out avoiding high density places like Pochinky, School, or Military. My favorite thing to do in this game is to drop into crowded places and basically 'capture' them from other people.

I try to drop at the farthest high-loot-density area from the flight path because I'm a tryhard who doesn't like getting immediately merked after dropping

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
"I try to drop super far away from anyone else"

"Man the early game sucks since there's no-one around and it takes ages to find people to kill"

You have the power to solve this problem!

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

With this patch does anyone know if the video settings recommendations in the OP are still valid? I could run everything on Ultra but current at:

Full Screen
AA = Med
Post = Med
Shadows = Very Low
Textures = Ultra
Effects = Low
Foliage = Low
View = Ultra

Launch Options = -memalloc=system -useallavailablecores

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jabor posted:

"I try to drop super far away from anyone else"

"Man the early game sucks since there's no-one around and it takes ages to find people to kill"

You have the power to solve this problem!

Yeah seriously. There's also a strategic reason for playing like this: every dude you kill did an entire playtime's worth of looting for you already. Killing people is the best way to find good gear

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Does anyone remember that scene in the WW2 movie "A Bridge Too Far", where some guy runs through German machine gun fire to collect an airdropped supply bag and when he gets killed it opens up, revealing a bag full of hats?

Everytime I make a mad dash for a still- smoking crate I feel like I'm reenacting that scene. Last night in solo I found a Grozier with no ammo before getting killed by about 3~4 people independently shooting at me.

I also encountered a dick in Zharki in another game. I was there alone (or so I thought) and took my time looting cause there was a buggy nearby. When the circle approaches I hzar some shots but can't find anyone, then when I want to drive away I discover someone shot out the tires. Gotta remember to sabotage vehicles in the future, that really dicked me over.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

96 spacejam posted:

With this patch does anyone know if the video settings recommendations in the OP are still valid? I could run everything on Ultra but current at:

Full Screen
AA = Med
Post = Med
Shadows = Very Low
Textures = Ultra
Effects = Low
Foliage = Low
View = Ultra

Launch Options = -memalloc=system -useallavailablecores

I keep AA at ultra, post-processing at very low (eliminates blurriness), view distance at medium (view distance doesn't affect render distance of players), shadows/effects/foliage at very low for performance, and textures at ultra because I can.

-memalloc/-malloc doesn't do anything. It is not a valid UE4 command line switch.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

I keep AA at ultra, post-processing at very low (eliminates blurriness), view distance at medium (view distance doesn't affect render distance of players), shadows/effects/foliage at very low for performance, and textures at ultra because I can.

-memalloc/-malloc doesn't do anything. It is not a valid UE4 command line switch.

That boosted my FPS by 20-25. Thanks.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

Boosted my dick size by 2 in. Thanks.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rex-Goliath posted:

Yeah seriously. There's also a strategic reason for playing like this: every dude you kill did an entire playtime's worth of looting for you already. Killing people is the best way to find good gear

Unless you need a vest or helmet, then it's a pretty lovely way to find it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Inspector_666 posted:

Unless you need a vest or helmet, then it's a pretty lovely way to find it.

If you need a vest, just shoot them in the head :smug:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Jabor posted:

If you need a vest, just shoot them in the head :smug:

Drive through all the wooden shacks you come across, it's how I got a level 3 vest one time. People might start to learn though.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Or make them dance and shoot them in the feet while taunting them if you want both.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Do we have concrete proof of an ELO system or is this :goonsay:

Or are you just referring to leader boards

queef anxiety fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 30, 2017

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
PUBG is basically an mmorpg where you know in advance what loot the mobs are going to drop.

Brinner posted:

As you play you'll notice the people in your lobbies become progressively more elaborately dressed. Your first game it's 90% guys in plain pants and a white shirt or whatever the default outfit is.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Brinner posted:

aside from the really, really obvious in game evidence, yes the devs already confirmed it a while back

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/872402965683884035

quote:

Is there skill based matchmaking?

Yes. An early version of our skill-based matchmaking system is already in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I'd sure love to play this new patch but everytime i try to join it freezes on the "player unknowns battlegrounds" screen.

I've verified it through steam. Moved it to my ssd and then verified it and still the same thing happens. Updating gfx drivers now hoping that fixes it.

At least i could play before the patch.

• Locked thread