Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
also otherwise i don't really have any complaints.

here's what i do

simmer some veg oil and cook up some garlic and chopped red onion, then toss your meat in (2 parts "main" meat to one part sliced sausage or chorizo) - i like a fatty (93% or lower) ground turkey or beef stew meat and a johnsonville sausage with some jalapeno kick
once brown pull the meat out and toss in some canned diced tomatoes and a tabe of tomato paste, 2 cups of strong dark roast coffee and your beer, mix it all up until it looks like soda
then you dump the beans, i do 2 parts canned kidney beans to 1 part cannelini beans (rinse them out because they smell like rear end) and give it a mix
then you wanna do your spices - quarter of a serrano pepper or half a jalapeno (double it if you're using more than 1lb of your main meat)
dry spices go in this ratio
4x cumin 2x brown sugar 1x cocoa powder 1x red pepper 1x paprika (i usually use 2tb of cumin for 1lb main meat) and just a couple shakes of red wine vinegar

At this point you're basically done, just give it about half an hour on medium heat and then drop it down to simmer - partially covered - for at least 2 hours, but really what you're looking for is the desired consistency. Everything is cooked so it's really just about cooking off as much liquid as you wanna get rid of.

Chili is fuckin good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

its not like its a secret its just i was told to use something and i forgot and just improvise

i understand :beerpal:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

beans in chili is for hosed up yankees

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

consumed by normies posted:

???????????????

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

suck my rear end in a top hat i lived in texas my whole life and that ground beef sludge they do around here is bad as hell

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

suck my rear end in a top hat i lived in texas my whole life and that ground beef sludge they do around here is bad as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx_Zo93RQoo

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

ScrubLeague posted:

also otherwise i don't really have any complaints.

here's what i do

simmer some veg oil and cook up some garlic and chopped red onion, then toss your meat in (2 parts "main" meat to one part sliced sausage or chorizo) - i like a fatty (93% or lower) ground turkey or beef stew meat and a johnsonville sausage with some jalapeno kick
once brown pull the meat out and toss in some canned diced tomatoes and a tabe of tomato paste, 2 cups of strong dark roast coffee and your beer, mix it all up until it looks like soda
then you dump the beans, i do 2 parts canned kidney beans to 1 part cannelini beans (rinse them out because they smell like rear end) and give it a mix
then you wanna do your spices - quarter of a serrano pepper or half a jalapeno (double it if you're using more than 1lb of your main meat)
dry spices go in this ratio
4x cumin 2x brown sugar 1x cocoa powder 1x red pepper 1x paprika (i usually use 2tb of cumin for 1lb main meat) and just a couple shakes of red wine vinegar

At this point you're basically done, just give it about half an hour on medium heat and then drop it down to simmer - partially covered - for at least 2 hours, but really what you're looking for is the desired consistency. Everything is cooked so it's really just about cooking off as much liquid as you wanna get rid of.

Chili is fuckin good.

:stonk:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
2 cups of coffee is super interesting
ive thought about putting 10-20 caffeine pills in my chili

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

ScrubLeague posted:

I'm from the south too and we used beans in our chili. That might have just been because we were poor though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
that might help with the forgetfulness from eating a big bowl of chili

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

guarantee good texan alex jones doesnt put beans in his chili

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ohio should be nuked because of its chili imo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I'm from the south too and we used beans in our chili. That might have just been because we were poor though.

its a texas thing and we basically invented chili so were right as always

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
the coffee is for flavor???

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

never had coffee in chili but i bet itd be pretty good tbh

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

ohio should be nuked because of its chili imo

i mean that's one of 500 reasons sure

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

never had coffee in chili but i bet itd be pretty good tbh

it is - coffee and beer and cocoa powder make for a fuckin delicious chili

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
alex jones is the best thing about texas

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mole chili

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

alex jones is the best thing about texas

yeah texas fuckin sucks

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i like to put molasses in my chili. some people do some extra dark chocolate. chili is a land of contrasts

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

ScrubLeague posted:

it is - coffee and beer and cocoa powder make for a fuckin delicious chili

:yum:

might throw some sesame seeds in there too...:yum:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i like to put molasses in my chili. some people do some extra dark chocolate. chili is a land of contrasts

oooh! yet anotha fine addition to chilli!
nom!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
sexy child here. send me to mars, nasa.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

its a texas thing and we basically stole chili from Mexico like everything else

ftfy

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

:roflolmao:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

actually its one of the few things we didnt steal from mexico probably

https://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Chili/ChiliHistory.htm

please enjoy these Chili Facts

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

actually its one of the few things we didnt steal from mexico probably

https://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Chili/ChiliHistory.htm

please enjoy these Chili Facts

"If there is any doubt about what the Mexicans think about chili, the Diccionario de Mejicanismos, published in 1959, defines chili con carne as (roughly translated):

“detestable food passing itself off as Mexican, sold in the U.S. from Texas to New York.”"

:pusheen:
:iceburn:

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 10:16 on Jul 1, 2017

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
put a little bit of cinnamon in there.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Alex jones start a cooking channel bitch

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

Alex jones start a music channel bitch

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I was gonna clean my room but then I ate a big bowl of chili
I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I ate a big bowl of chili
now family court stole my kids and I know why
because I ate a big bowl of chili

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
alex jones presents the Joy of Chili

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

beans are very important to chilli, chilli without beans is just some hosed up soup

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

logikv9 posted:

alex jones presents the Joy of Chili

:3:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Best part about this comment is that its on a Guy Called Gerald video. Which means not only does Alex Jones like acid house, he has extremly good taste in it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Best part about this comment is that its on a Guy Called Gerald video. Which means not only does Alex Jones like acid house, he has extremly good taste in it.

i talk to alex jones regularly and extensively about acid house and can confirm this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

zen death robot posted:

I'm not claiming to be a good Texan since I left long ago and also lived in the bad part of Texas

the only good parts of texas are the signs that say welcome to another state

• Locked thread