Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Carol needs to learn about consent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Two Tone Shoes posted:

So it's cheating, but sometimes not even as bad because there's no relationship to begin with.

Cheating's also super common in real life and in fiction so that seems to be a real pathetic thing to get hung up over.
Just because cheating happens in real life doesn't suddenly make it not repugnant, not that I actually expect it to happen in this manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my god Carol you are the best.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

edit: given the lack of relationship progress i am content with carol burning everything to the ground

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 30, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm impressed Jun isn't crying yet.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wallrod posted:

edit: given the lack of relationship progress i am content with carol burning everything to the ground

not sure if this or the singular frown is my favorite

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Carol and Jun will come to school the next day married

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I don't think Takamura was this scared when he was fighting that bear.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Carol gets the most reaction out of Jun in the entire series

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

sockpuppetclock posted:

Just because cheating happens in real life doesn't suddenly make it not repugnant, not that I actually expect it to happen in this manga.

Sure, it's bad, but as something to throw away a story over it seems silly. Killing people is bad, would you never watch an action movie?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Wallrod posted:

given the lack of relationship progress i am content with carol burning everything to the ground

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm impressed Jun isn't crying yet.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

:3:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

jesus christ this isn't what I imagined

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
Now Jun can never be Tomo's bride.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Sure, it's bad, but as something to throw away a story over it seems silly. Killing people is bad, would you never watch an action movie?

Most people wouldn't throw away a story over it, but for those that do A. Killing in action movies is generally impersonal whereas cheating is personal by definition and B. Cheating can hit too close to home in a way killing can't, I don't know about you but I've never met someone who's been killed before.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Missing Name posted:

jesus christ this isn't what I imagined

I know isn't it great :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPEVQp1MZw

I've just been hearing this for the last five updates and I'm just waiting for the other shoe to finally drop already.

Wow, so here's the shoe finally dropping. This is really good!

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Humans are actually pretty good at handling things like death, but no amount of emotional body armour can protect us against betrayal. That's why all the famous tragedies involve betrayal on some level—even in the ones about killing, it's killing a family member or someone who should be able to place their trust in their killer (Hamlet's uncle killed his own brother; Oedipus killed his own father; Othello is like literally the ur-example for the "OMG no NTR" overreaction).

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
when the land is tore asunder and the great chariot of creation fulminates us all for being unworthy of this hosed up miserable world, i can at least rest easy that in the earth inherited by the meek someone will still be willing to argue against the internet meme about japanese cartoons loving each other via shakespeare comparisons, and i will scream at a Yoko Littner wallscroll "Amen"

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

ArfJason posted:

when the land is tore asunder and the great chariot of creation fulminates us all for being unworthy of this hosed up miserable world, i can at least rest easy that in the earth inherited by the meek someone will still be willing to argue against the internet meme about japanese cartoons loving each other via shakespeare comparisons, and i will scream at a Yoko Littner wallscroll "Amen"

Hey screw you, I mentioned Sophocles as well!

I thought we were discussing psychology; why not use examples everyone's likely to know about? v:v:v

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

ArfJason posted:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What is the Japanese that was translated to "RAWR"?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
がお〜

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Ytlaya posted:

What is the Japanese that was translated to "RAWR"?

「がお〜」

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

ArfJason posted:

"NTR, Brute?"

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

"You thought your first time would be with Tomo, but it was me! Carol!"

*NTRoundabout plays*

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

it started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Carol walks into school tomorrow, pats Tomo on the shoulder. "You could do better. Trust me."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

darkgray posted:

「がお〜」

Ah, thanks. Yeah I guess that's about as close a translation as makes sense.

I wish Carol had kissed him on the lips instead of the cheek and then used the typical anime "kissing on the lips is a normal greeting for white people" excuse.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Ytlaya posted:

I wish Carol had kissed him on the lips instead of the cheek and then used the typical anime "kissing on the lips is a normal greeting for white people" excuse.

That's what's coming next if no one walks through that door.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I don't think Carol cares too much about excuses anymore...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hate-Senpai posted:

GOD loving drat.

THE FIRST KISS IN TOMO-CHAN AND IT'S CAROL X JUN.
Your first kiss was not with Tomo, Jun.

IT WAS WITH I, CAROL!!!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

IT WAS A RUSE

ABSOLUTE MADWOMAN

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We are on the highway to disaster, and I'm loving every minute of it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Carol is a good girl

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh poo poo, she's gonna fix Jun

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Really though at this point the main obstacle between Jun and Tomo getting together is Tomo rather than Jun

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Carol knows she can tell Tomo to just push Jun down at this point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This manga is going to end with Carol storming Fumita's workplace with a bat.

Like that Deadpool comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

boop