Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

khwarezm posted:

Which half?

The upper left half.

The lower right? Absolutely terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Pyroi posted:

The upper left half.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Pyroi posted:

The upper left half.

Not if you're SA 10.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

khwarezm posted:

Which half?

it's good until piccolo fights the minotaur

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
New poster for the tourney.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
goku going grey?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Manatee Cannon posted:

make a game based off of og dragon ball where you actually collect the dragon balls

randomly generated world so sometimes the 4 star ball will be at the bottom of the ocean but other times you gotta beat up piccolo for it. at the end you make a wish that can unlock a character/add stuff to the world/buff your character for the next run/whatever. also all of the characters have different modes of flight; goku has the nimbus, krillin holds onto goku for dear life, roshi has baby gamora, yamcha bulma has a flying car, etc

Yeah and you can catch pokemon and you can play as sonic and mario and all their friends and if you find a secret egg you can ride a yoshi or a really fast car if you're lucky and you can have gordon freeman and master chief on your team if you know the secret code.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sharktamer posted:

Yeah and you can catch pokemon and you can play as sonic and mario and all their friends and if you find a secret egg you can ride a yoshi or a really fast car if you're lucky and you can have gordon freeman and master chief on your team if you know the secret code.

???

The game Manatee Cannon just described is not ludicrously more complicated than some existing Rogue-likes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shards of Fate posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24uIs1sTLhQ
?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding posted:

???

The game Manatee Cannon just described is not ludicrously more complicated than some existing Rogue-likes.

Sharktamer is an oddball guy who hates the things we find fun. I don't really know what he finds fun, but he clearly hates our idea of it.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I find dragonball Z fun.

I don't find some wannabe online comedy troupe or random internet nerds fanfic interpretation of it fun.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

edgy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

sharktamer posted:

I find dragonball Z fun.

I don't find some wannabe online comedy troupe or random internet nerds fanfic interpretation of it fun.

But what about their interpretation of dragon ball super?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I don't see how that's edgy at all actually, even if you have a different opinion

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

use your imagination

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's okay to like Dragon Ball Z Abridged. It's okay to not like Dragon Ball Z Abridged. No matter how you feel, we all should be looking to coexist together peacefully, as fan and non-fan, here in the sanctuary that is the is the Dragon Ball megathread.

Please get along everyone.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sharktamer posted:

Your gimmick is bad

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Getting along is for people who don't harp on about how much they dislike a thing.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I don't really think "if you don't have anything nice to say" really applies on the something awful forums.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
tbf theres like 600 posts about dbza guys whenever a new episode of that is released and i more or less agree that dbza is generally terrible

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I don't see how that's edgy at all actually, even if you have a different opinion

Because sharktamer isn't actually being honest, they do nothing but post about how angry they are about people's opinions on Dragonball jokes, even when they don't make sense. It's a tiresome and tedious gimmick they've been doing forever now and at this point it remains clockwork that they're going to pop up only to whine about the fact that people don't like Dragonball for the same reason they do.

It also isn't actually about Dragonball Z Abridged, its about they fact he gets upset about humor in general, thus why you see him making a snide passve-aggressive comment about the slice-of-life thing not long ago, and in general gets angry any time someone brings up the humorous parts of Dragonball which they frantically either try to pretend don't exist or gets pissy about when he can't. (Like Mr. Satan.)

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 30, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Raxivace posted:

It's okay to like Dragon Ball Z Abridged. It's okay to not like Dragon Ball Z Abridged. No matter how you feel, we all should be looking to coexist together peacefully, as fan and non-fan, here in the sanctuary that is the is the Dragon Ball megathread.

As long as we all agree that it's not OK to like Dragon Ball GT, everyone can coexist together peacefully.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Because sharktamer isn't actually being honest, they do nothing but post about how angry they are about people's opinions on Dragonball jokes, even when they don't make sense. It's a tiresome and tedious gimmick they've been doing forever now and at this point it remains clockwork that they're going to pop up only to whine about the fact that people don't like Dragonball for the same reason they do.

It also isn't actually about Dragonball Z Abridged, its about they fact he gets upset about humor in general, thus why you see him making a snide passve-aggressive comment about the slice-of-life thing not long ago, and in general gets angry any time someone brings up the humorous parts of Dragonball which they frantically either try to pretend don't exist or gets pissy about when he can't. (Like Mr. Satan.)

None of that sounds dishonest, maybe annoying but it doesn't sound to me like he secretly does like those things and is just pretending or something

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jonah Galtberg posted:

None of that sounds dishonest, maybe annoying but it doesn't sound to me like he secretly does like those things and is just pretending or something

It's dishonest because he's not actually interested in discussion or even in consistent opinions, just in making sure you know he's angry about stuff.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I'm still a bit hazy on it but I don't want to start getting obnoxious about it so I'll drop it

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Jonah Galtberg posted:

random internet nerds fanfic interpretation of it fun.

Christ the guy just thought of a fun hypothetical dbz game and you were a huge dick for no reason.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shards of Fate posted:

According to Herms98, the poster says "the work of the gods is done". It could also have a second meaning:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/880752673208778752

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I've been nothing but honest :)

Like I said before, I like DBZ and for the most part I like talking about DBZ with most people in this thread. I like the humour in the show and even if I admit he's far from my favourite thing about the show, even Mr Satan can be really funny sometimes. Monaka was really funny too until certain people ruined him by applying the same loving boring cooker cutter joke to him too.

The "slice of life" episodes are good because they're rare and special and it's novel to see a complete decceleration of the usual premise of the show to see these planet destroyers do mundane tasks and completely fail because all they know how to do is punch each other. I don't agree with people who say they want Goku Vegeta and Frieza to become children and Beerus and Whis to have to babysit them for 100 loving episodes (like seriously what the gently caress?).

I find the comedy best when it's interspersed with the action though, the best thing about super is how there's all this action and these universe threatening threats but no one is taking anything the slightest bit seriously any more. It's what I like about this ridiculously childish show I watch.

I don't think it's a crazy notion to say that I like the actual show written by professional writers yet don't like these lame wannabe writer repetitive fan fiction elements. Everything is loving UNIRONICALLY slice of life fiction bullshit or constantly going on about Mr Satan or Monaka being the strongest and Yamcha being the weakest. Yet somehow I'm the repetitive one and the dishonest one.

DBZA sucks arse, I don't see how it can even count as an homage to the original show any more when most of the callbacks are no longer references to things that happened on the show but callbacks to their lovely self invented mythos (Mr Popo is the strongest, Kami smokes weed, Gohan hates his dad). That other weekly tube show does a far better job by not even pretending to be true to the show and even then it manages to do a better job of being an homage by accident. DBZA has become the smuggest self-important up its own arse rubbish.

I understand people like this humour and that's fine, but when any criticisms of the show are piled on, it's not really healthy for discussion. The last episode had a dude weed lmao joke and the one before had a reference to loving bare naked ladies for christs sake. Going back to dishonesty, a few people who like the show admitted that those were lame but then another people choose to convince themselves that it's the height of comedy because it's a REFERENCE or a CALLBACK or some bullshit. Once again, not a callback to DBZ itself but to their invented "funnier" versions of the characters from the show we're all actually fans of.

There's your actual response. That's all you're getting though, I'm gonna go back to just making GBS threads on everything you like (and pretend to like) though because most of you are awful.

sharktamer fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 30, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Goku will ascend past being a Super Saiyan God, and achieve a new base just-actually-a-god form, and it will freak out and/or piss off the entire assembly of gods gathered for the tournament because he's some random mortal bypassing all the rules of their system with sheer strength

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Blaze Dragon posted:

According to Herms98, the poster says "the work of the gods is done". It could also have a second meaning:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/880752673208778752

I know its silly to base it on the opening but I kinda had s theory (probably everyone thought this already) that maybe goku perfects SSB and it gets absorbed into his base form. After all they did state the anime wouldnt go beyond the ending of dbz so they can totally handwave how SSB isnt around anymore.

Edit: haha beat. Though that would totally would make the gods pissed

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

:words: :words: :words: :words: :words: :words: :words: to say a whole lotta nothin

dork

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sharktamer posted:

I don't think it's a crazy notion to say that I like the actual show written by professional writers yet don't like these lame wannabe writer repetitive fan fiction elements. Everything is loving UNIRONICALLY slice of life fiction bullshit or constantly going on about Mr Satan or Monaka being the strongest and Yamcha being the weakest. Yet somehow I'm the repetitive one and the dishonest one.

Yes, you are. Which is why you mysterious get silent when the show itself dedicates itself to doing the exact same jokes you complain about. You're pissy people like a fan product, seemingly entirely because it's a fan product, and get angrier and angrier when people don't bite, not to mention you watch every single episode of DBZA as soon as it comes out just so you can talk about how terrible it is.

It's fine not to like DBZA but you get angry at people because they are enjoying Dragonball/Z/Super and jokes the show itself makes that happen to be similar to jokes DBZA makes. Like you know what? "Yamcha is weak and a joke" is an ongoing joke from Super. You're free to dislike the joke but stop blaming it on a comedy show and not something the show itself is doing.

Caros
May 14, 2008

sharktamer posted:

I've been nothing but honest :)

Like I said before, I like DBZ and for the most part I like talking about DBZ with most people in this thread. I like the humour in the show and even if I admit he's far from my favourite thing about the show, even Mr Satan can be really funny sometimes. Monaka was really funny too until certain people ruined him by applying the same loving boring cooker cutter joke to him too.

The "slice of life" episodes are good because they're rare and special and it's novel to see a complete decceleration of the usual premise of the show to see these planet destroyers do mundane tasks and completely fail because all they know how to do is punch each other. I don't agree with people who say they want Goku Vegeta and Frieza to become children and Beerus and Whis to have to babysit them for 100 loving episodes (like seriously what the gently caress?).

I find the comedy best when it's interspersed with the action though, the best thing about super is how there's all this action and these universe threatening threats but no one is taking anything the slightest bit seriously any more. It's what I like about this ridiculously childish show I watch.

DBZA sucks arse, I don't see how it can even count as an homage to the original show any more when most of the callbacks are no longer references to things that happened on the show but callbacks to their lovely self invented mythos (Mr Popo is the strongest, Kami smokes weed, Gohan hates his dad). That other weekly tube show does a far better job by not even pretending to be true to the show and even then it manages to do a better job of being an homage by accident. DBZA has become the smuggest self-important up its own arse rubbish.

I understand people like this humour and that's fine, but when any criticisms of the show are piled on, it's not really healthy for discussion. The last episode had a dude weed lmao joke and the one before had a reference to loving bare naked ladies for christs sake. Going back to dishonesty, a few people who like the show admitted that those were lame but then another people choose to convince themselves that it's the height of comedy because it's a REFERENCE or a CALLBACK or some bullshit. Once again, not a callback to DBZ itself but to their invented "funnier" versions of the characters from the show we're all actually fans of.

There's your actual response. That's all you're getting though, I'm gonna go back to just making GBS threads on everything you like (and pretend to like) though because most of you are awful.

Sir, this is a mcdonalds drive thru.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Shindragon posted:

Edit: haha beat. Though that would totally would make the gods pissed

It'd be pretty funny if Goku ends his transformation line right where he began

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's gonna be lame if its just his regular hair in super sayian form or he just stays in Base form from now on.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

RBX posted:

That's gonna be lame if its just his regular hair in super sayian form or he just stays in Base form from now on.

Well he has his hair goin' up there, so maybe it'll just be False Super Saiyan style

My God we've known his true form for years and never realized

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Black August posted:

It'd be pretty funny if Goku ends his transformation line right where he began

For some reason I interpreted this as "he's gonna turn into a giant fukken monkey" and let me tell you, I would pay to see that.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I kinda hope Gohan surpasses Goku this time and stays stronger than him.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

What does it mean that they "won't go past the end of dbz"?

Are they trying to avoid stepping on GT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
If i recall correctly they want it to end before Goku fights Uub in the tournament. Thereby making Super takes place before the end of Z

• Locked thread