Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ahmini
May 5, 2009

Space Crabs posted:

Finally found the quote I was looking for.

June 21st 2016

It's the end of Q2 bro and nothing has changed

Like MoMa actually believes anything he writes anymore and isn't just low-effort trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Rugganovich posted:

Bloody Hell, now that idiot is going to start haunting https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2645590&p=-1&#bottom again.
Oh god Whingepool. That thread is going to be amazing when this falls over because salty Australian gamers have no limits to their rage.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Rudager posted:

Cya on the front line commando!

That thread was the huge eye opener to me when I couldn't believe that people would be throwing thousands of dollars a day at CiG because literally the only discussion going on was about all their sales purchases, and they were always buying because there were always sales and "bargains" to be had.

EDIT: I still remember his crazy meltdown when I pointed out the end of year video or something, whatever the one was that they pulled from Youtube because it was so poo poo, wasn't available and he fired back with the company line of "it'll be back, it just got DCMA'd by haters reporting it" and then pointed out later it still wasn't up that he went and linked to the twitch archive video with a "see, it's still up you dumb goonie, stop spreading the FUD!"

I remember fondly a PM discussion where the bell-end himself started out by declaring himself the winner in a discussion.
Here's a teaser of my reply

quote:

See this is the thing, you come across as believing in only what you want to believe.
I hate to break it to you, but in a debate, you don't get to score yourself. So you telling me I'm wrong, kinda doesn't cut the mustard.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

HycoCam posted:

Two of my orange animals

:shittypop:

It's Dogald Trump

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

Oh gently caress, there you go. That's a totally real screenshot. Well, proposed screenshot. But it's a real thing released by CIG.

Master that drink mixer and you get extra something something. Role play as a flight attendant on your passenger ship, deliver drinks efficiently, and something? Buy rare alcohol from exotic locales to make your passengers happier with the drinks. Actual stated game mechanics, not exaggerating anything.

Just buy the passenger craft you gently caress.

I'm the Discard button on a loving drink mixer

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ComfyPants posted:

Someone who has a video editor with more fidelity layers could do better and I'd be happy.

Thread.... good??

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I remember the server blade replacement stuff but my brain must have blocked out mixmaster.

"ICES blades may fail for a variety of reasons, and each requires a specific procedure to resolve. Burned out units are simply ejected and replaced with another, assuming that the player had the foresight to restock their ship prior to departure. Excessive radio interference may prevent a solid communications data link from being established, which can in turn be addressed via a player quickly matching a set of binary filters to a hexadecimal status code before the interfering frequency and offsetting status code change."

:staredog: "The MixMaster is connected to eight different beverages and has a rotating set of nozzles. Pressing one of the eight associated buttons causes the corresponding beverage to dispense until the button is released. [...] A formula such as 1-1-4-8 would indicate that two parts beverage 1, one part beverage 4, and one part beverage 8 are required. The quality of the drink – displayed on the MixMaster – is determined by how accurately the portions were allocated. If the player isn’t happy with the quality of the drink they can simply press a key to discard it and start anew, but ships carry a limited supply of beverages so this tactic should be used sparingly. Upon acceptance of a drink it is moved to a conveyor belt on the side. Thus, players can prepare multiple drinks in a row and then move to deliver them, or one player can mix the drinks and another can focus on getting them where they belong."

Adding to tracker as:
  • Service server blades
  • Prepare and deliver drinks on passenger flights

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jun 30, 2017

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Virtual Captain posted:

I remember the server blade replacement stuff but my brain must have blocked out mixmaster.

Do you remember that passengers could become ill during transit and might need "medical" attention? Yes another wonderful thing. You'd have to isolate sick passengers because otherwise there might be a PANIC!
Snakes flu on a plane Space Bus.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Do you remember that passengers could become ill during transit and might need "medical" attention? Yes another wonderful thing. You'd have to isolate sick passengers because otherwise there might be a PANIC!
Snakes flu on a plane Space Bus.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14804-Design-Notes-Civilian-Passenger-Transport
Damnit crobberts, why do you have to make the tracker appear so anti-CIG! :argh:

adding as:
  • Diagnose and treat space illnesses
  • Contagion and epidemics

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Is game dead yet?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

tbh the best way to troll this thread would be to play an unrepentant backer that isn't an insane lunatic that screams about derek being our leader, it could go on for thousands of pages.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

KM Scorchio posted:

Is game dead yet?

No. That feature is getting re-factored as we speak. Two Weeks. Tops.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Derek, avoid eating rats and snails from now on
http://gizmodo.com/a-deadly-brain-invading-worm-is-disturbingly-widespread-1796514141

Anyway...

Those two are both looking at someone during the final wave

And then there are these marvels of space animation

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

XK posted:

Their tax credit literally requires UK culture in the product.

Where is it?

Somebody literally show me any UK influence.

Years past due with a product that cost huge sums of tax payers money getting thrown in the bin is peak uk.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Space Crabs posted:

June 21st 2016

quote:

ManofManyAliases posted:
I know I said it a number of times: I really expect at least a mission or two out of SQ42 this year as a teaser, with release of SQ42 next year (summer maybe)? And I'm thinking we'll enter beta by the end of next year with full release in 2018. That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point. Then again, I fully expect the grey-market to still be a viable alternative to offload most of my assets, even by Summer of next year.

:colbert:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

I don't even know how to parse that comment stream, but:

It's literally seasons, like a real produced show with content. :negative:

gently caress the game, we have seasons of content.

These YouTube videos full of lies for years are really stepping up the quality. I feel like the lies are getting better and like real fake progress is actually being made.

I further feel that we totally got our money's worth from the content of these videos. I feel proud to have been part of history and definitely don't want a refund because it cost a lot for these videos to show me real game development.

And anybody who disagrees is totally a goon who does nothing but try to stop the project.

(Ps I am not paid by cig or anything cig. But uh Oasis... lets not go there)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

The shitizens literally believe people who buy the base $45 package will grind out jobs as flight attendants, turret gunners, and floor moppers, in order to earn money toward owning ships.

Yes, it's crazy.

I'll do it. I expect no less than at least 700 hours of service to the glorious master race before I can afford the lowest possible ship, which shall be marked as "substandard junk" on radar so people can immediately identify me as a low class citizen instead of a powerful donator deserving of respect.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Virtual Captain posted:

:staredog: "The MixMaster is connected to eight different beverages and has a rotating set of nozzles.

Eight beverages but only 4 rotating nozzles. Eight beverages which should include both mixers and different liquors. Yeah, that will keep customers happy with that wide selection.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bets on this weeks progress report? Everything is going smoothly, but things get delayed internally again. Avocados still on track!

Next week- Avocados release window pushed back do to interdependent issues, ptu and normal release still on track!

Week after that - Things delayed further, Avocado still on track for next week! PTU and live released push back

Repeat ad infinitum

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

KM Scorchio posted:

Is game dead yet?

How can a thing die if it never lived?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Space Crabs posted:

June 21st 2016

Liar. There's hours to go still.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
inb4fiscalquartersnotactualquarters

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Its too bad that, with the Steam Summer Sales, there are no games left to play while waiting for Star Citizen alpha 3.0 patch details to be announced/elaborated on.

JFC these people.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You're not even burning time until the actual patch. You're waiting on a lovely video to deliver news of a lovely patch.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Hey commandos, long time no see.

When is Citizencon? Its become kinda a tradition for my and my girlfriend to watch it after she liveblogged the one with the cake and chris dropping the enormous script for me while I was at work.
I'm worried CIG are gonna go tits up before then.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You're not even burning time until the actual patch. You're waiting on a lovely video to deliver news of a lovely patch.

I can't wait for the new spreadsheet someone generates from the changelog diff someone generates from the weekly "schedule" CIG generate to tell us how many weeks delay have been added since last week's "schedule". Project is on track.

3.0 coming soon, tick tock.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Combat Pretzel posted:

It's June 30th, where's 3.0?

Were we actually promised it by today? Where at?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

spacetoaster posted:

I thought their lovely schedule thingy said for end of June?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

Hey commandos, long time no see.

When is Citizencon? Its become kinda a tradition for my and my girlfriend to watch it after she liveblogged the one with the cake and chris dropping the enormous script for me while I was at work.
I'm worried CIG are gonna go tits up before then.

Greetings Citizens

quote:

CitizenCon 2947 will be held on Friday 27th October at Capitol Theater in Frankfurt

119 days.

So excited, I really didn't think we'd see another Citizencon after 2016. Thanks bankers.

Also I figure using "Greetings Citizens" on StarCitizenlawsuit reddit after CIG closes will get you banned.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Combat Pretzel posted:

I thought their lovely schedule thingy said for end of June?

IDK. I'm just curious so I can ask some "citizens" that I know how it is. :lol:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What?!?!

This is extremely upsetting to me. :colbert:

No 3.0 for a while.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Soooooooooo AUGUST?!?!

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

AP posted:

Greetings Citizens

119 days.

So excited, I really didn't think we'd see another Citizencon after 2016. Thanks bankers.

Also I figure using "Greetings Citizens" on StarCitizenlawsuit reddit after CIG closes will get you banned.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

:shrug:

Maybe they can do a clip show of ATV "episodes"?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

TheAgent posted:

so um

not good news coming tomorrow re: planets/moons

Whatever happens today, I'm counting it as christmas in July. :colbert:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Virtual Captain posted:

Whatever happens today, I'm counting it as christmas in July. :colbert:

Probably a fart in a bottle, still crossing my fingers this is legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015
A couple of pages back some goon posted the concurrent player counts for SM and AC as well as how he got them. Does somebody remember and could link to that post please?

Thanks!