Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
The text itself is actually relatively balanced in terms of its grappling with his legacy and personality, but Roberts himself is a real right wing, neocon Thatcher loving guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

no?

this a thread with 1/2 tankies and 1/2 leftish people who will go along with tankies because liberalism is bad etc. we goons have overfished the libertarians out of existence, and tankies are all that we have left on this gay dying forum before we start gnawing on each other over completely boring differences.

you sound like this guy from San Jose

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

rudatron posted:

indistinguishable from Chicago

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

no?

this a thread with 1/2 tankies and 1/2 leftish people who will go along with tankies because liberalism is bad etc. we goons have overfished the libertarians out of existence, and tankies are all that we have left on this gay dying forum before we start gnawing on each other over completely boring differences.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i don't know much about graphic design but couldn't he have used the paint bucket before he typed his words ?

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

1 weird trick DESTROYS capitalism!

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

this got posted in the suck zone (lol if you read that)

https://twitter.com/pslweb/status/880541097126092802

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

this got posted in the suck zone (lol if you read that)

https://twitter.com/pslweb/status/880541097126092802

speaking of cointelpro, has that or anything like it (monitoring, doxxing etc) been an issue with dsa?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Annual Prophet posted:

speaking of cointelpro, has that or anything like it (monitoring, doxxing etc) been an issue with dsa?

I can virtually guarantee that the DSA as well as other activist groups are being monitored/actively co-opted by reactionary forces.

I attended a talk at the Left Forum about state infiltration and the history was pretty eye opening and scary stuff. Groups have been infiltrated and hijacked using very effective methods: Occupy Wall Street is one noteworthy example where organizers lost control of their social media. Infiltration is an unfortunate fact of life, and we have to understand how to counter their tactics (divide and conquer, agent provocateur, etc.).

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
they are only "reactionary" if you start winning lol

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Annual Prophet posted:

no more than other groups in my experience but can anyone really tell the difference between an average dsa member and a liberal FBI agent?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i just operate with the assumption that 50% of our membership is employed by some law enforcement agency

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Has anybody read We Will Shoot Back: Armed Resistance in the Mississippi Freedom Movement?

I saw a copy of it at a lefty bookstore years ago but didn't buy it. I thought of it recently and might try to pick one up.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Annual Prophet posted:

some dude recorded a boston dsa general meeting and stole one of the sign in sheets a month ago

Karl Barks fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 30, 2017

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Karl Barks posted:

some dude recorded a boston dsa general meeting and stole one of the sign in sheets a month ago

isn't that what ur supposed to do when speed dating

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Karl Barks posted:

poo poo gently caress BASH THE CIA

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
COIN INTEL PRO BREATHIN DOWN YOUR NECKS

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol if u think the cia/fbi doesn't have a case file on dsa

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

they've monitored every podunk leftist movement in the us since they were founded

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and thanks to snowden and manning all that has stopped

Serf
May 5, 2011

i mean they've probably got all our posts in a database somewhere in case rex 84 ever goes down

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
you can FOIA your personal FBI files

most of it will be redacted

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/aerdil/status/880592933421895680

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

when u think about it we have all the same leader adoration that NK has. just look through twitter for a bit.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Rated PG-34 posted:

I can virtually guarantee that the DSA as well as other activist groups are being monitored/actively co-opted by reactionary forces.

I attended a talk at the Left Forum about state infiltration and the history was pretty eye opening and scary stuff. Groups have been infiltrated and hijacked using very effective methods: Occupy Wall Street is one noteworthy example where organizers lost control of their social media. Infiltration is an unfortunate fact of life, and we have to understand how to counter their tactics (divide and conquer, agent provocateur, etc.).

And even if by some miracle they aren't currently being monitored then they would be the second they got big enough. Look how the FBI spied on black lives matter and blamed them for the cop killings

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Baloogan posted:

and thanks to snowden and manning all that has stopped

i think this is sarcasm but idgi

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Karl Barks posted:

when u think about it we have all the same leader adoration that NK has. just look through twitter for a bit.

to a far lesser extent, and in a much smaller portion of the population, because it isn't mandatory, but yeah it's the same

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

lol if u think the cia/fbi doesn't have a case file on dsa

They have one on Gary Gygax

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

I don't think any Maoist/Juche personality cult could write anything close to the stuff people did for Hillary

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

read that JTK2 guy who has like 100k tweets about how much he loves hilary and hates bernie. it's the same poo poo

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Serf posted:

i mean they've probably got all our posts in a database somewhere in case rex 84 ever goes down

i'm sure the NSA has a giant file on SA and its ring leader "low tax"

Serf
May 5, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

gotta waste all that money on something

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Which of these is more believable:

quote:

it is alleged that Kim Jong-il was born on Mount Paektu at his father's secret base in 1942 (his actual birth was in 1941 in the Soviet Union) and that his birth was heralded by a swallow, caused winter to change to spring, a star to illuminate the sky, and a double rainbow spontaneously appeared.[56]

or

http://www.hillarybeattrump.org/home/2017/6/6/david-milliband-leads-labour-party-to-victory-in-uk-election

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Scent of Worf posted:

It's all just FYAD copy pasta though

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Karl Barks posted:

read that JTK2 guy who has like 100k tweets about how much he loves hilary and hates bernie. it's the same poo poo

oh, you were just saying that leader adoration exists even in america? ok then. but it's still not to the same extent. observe:

The official biography of Kim Jong-Il published by the DPRK posted:

Comrade Kim Jong Il taught that the slogan of imbuing the whole of society with the Juche idea was the ultimate programme of the Party because this slogan elucidated the supreme goal of the Party and the basic way of attaining it.

He fully expounded important problems arising in imbuing the whole of society with the Juche idea as well as the essential ways for solving them. The fact that Comrade Kim Jong Il set the modelling of the whole of society after the Juche idea as the ultimate programme of the Party was an epoch-making event, an event of great importance in Party building and in the revolutionary struggle.

In his speech On Thoroughly Establishing the Party’s Leadership System, made at the Consultative Meeting of Senior Officials of the Organizational Leadership Department, and Propaganda and Agitation Department of the Party Central Committee, held on April 28, 1979, Comrade Kim Jong Il said:

“Establishing the Party’s leadership system means enforcing throughout the Party a revolutionary spirit and an iron discipline of carrying through the Party’s decisions and instructions unconditionally, and encouraging Party members to improve their appreciation of the Party organization and intensify Party life so as to fully ensure the Party’s leadership over the revolution and construction.” (Kim Jong Il, Selected Works, Korean ed., Vol. 6, p. 288.)

On May 10, 1979 Comrade Kim Jong Il made sure that intensive studies and short courses as well as large-scale controversies were conducted throughout the Party on the question of establishing the Party’s leadership system. Moreover, he saw that Party committees at all levels were strengthened and their functions and roles were improved in order to intensify Party guidance over the work of power organs, administrative and economic work, public security work, and judicial and procuratorial work.

Thanks to his energetic guidance, the fighting efficiency and leadership role of Party organizations at all levels were enhanced and the Party’s monolithic leadership over all spheres of the revolution and construction was fully ensured.

Fully realizing the position and role of the Party in the transformation of the whole society after the Juche idea, Comrade Kim Jong Il advanced the policy of modelling the whole Party after the Juche idea.

Transforming the whole Party after the Juche idea means making all Party members core elements of a Juche type, and conducting Party building and Party activity strictly on the basis of Comrade Kim Il Sung’s idea, theory and method. In the final analysis, this means making our Party a perfect party of the Juche idea.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

oh, you were just saying that leader adoration exists even in america? ok then. but it's still not to the same extent. observe:

go read the replies to trump tweets

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

im permabanned poster [REDACTED]stomper58. i first started reading [REDACTED] when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "[REDACTED] balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside [REDACTED] assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of [REDACTED] humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" [REDACTED] to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Karl Barks posted:

go read the replies to trump tweets

eh, you're right. probably wherever you are there are people who regard the leader as one who can do no wrong. there's probably half a percent of the british public who think Theresa May is their adoring mother.

what you said is "we have all the same leader adoration that NK has" and if all you're claiming is about its existence then i was wrong to object.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Dreddout posted:

im permabanned poster [REDACTED]stomper58. i first started reading [REDACTED] when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "[REDACTED] balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside [REDACTED] assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of [REDACTED] humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" [REDACTED] to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

my god johnson.. theyre some kind of left wing rightwing liberal republican racist SJW extremists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

yeah, does he still exist? who reads d&d anymore?

I think he's ban-on-sight there as well.