Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

The General posted:

I've done this once. Borrowed a friends bike, he failed to mention no rear brakes. I was flying down the street and the light changed, no back brakes, so over the handle bars I went.

Once the rear tire comes up off the ground, the rear brakes are irrelevant. You would have gone over regardless, unless the bike only had rear brakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

captainOrbital posted:

Once the rear tire comes up off the ground, the rear brakes are irrelevant. You would have gone over regardless, unless the bike only had rear brakes.

Yes but if you have back brakes and you gently use front + back you dont go over. But if you squeeze both and the back brakes do not exist, you go over the front.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Picnic Princess posted:

I was in Port Douglas, Australia, staying at a hostel that had free bikes to use, but they weren't kept in good shape so none of them had brakes. I took one anyway because it's quite flat there and I was able to stop with my feet if I didn't go too fast. Until I turned onto one street that had a slight slope downwards, and I gained too much speed to stop with my feet. I was headed for a busy intersection and needed to stop. I went up into the grass, hoping that would slow me down enough. It didn't, so I made the decision to run into a tree. Didn't get hurt but the back wheel lifted up quite far on impact. I was surprised I kept my face from slamming into the trunk too.

obeying direct orders even on vacation

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

bows1 posted:

Yes but if you have back brakes and you gently use front + back you dont go over. But if you squeeze both and the back brakes do not exist, you go over the front.

If you squeeze the font brake hard enough, and don't adjust by moving your weight far enough back, the rear brakes become an adornment. The rear brakes will help you slow down, but as the weight shifts forward they become less and less useful. I've made the front tire skid before. Not having rear brakes won't make the bike prone to throwing you over the bars. You just have to adjust how much pressure you use on the front brakes and where your weight is centered.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sergio Jiminez posted:

This guys Kick the door is me! Haha

My name is Sergio Jimenez, i am racing driver today in Stock car and BLANCPAIN GT SERIES . Its funny now but in the moment was tough. I will tell you shortly how was. In that day,me and Ricardo Zonta were running with the BMW Team Brasil in FIA GT 2013 in Zolder.

We were in [sixth position], what i remember,and was a very difficult year for us because the [balance of power] in that year was very difficult for BMW .

After a very good Start and the pit stop was running very well, when i should closing the door, the door did not close, as you can see. After that i went with my shoulder and... Nothing. My thought in that moment was only one: I WILL CLOSE THIS loving DOOR . Was my determination was only this,was my focus!
Today is funny, but in the moment i was very piss!
Anyway,is a good story to tell to my grand children haha.
THanks guys!

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/watch-a-racecar-driver-desperately-try-kicking-a-faulty-1796109079

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

:piss:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Wait that kid diddlin' priest is 76 and at the age of retirement?

What am I missing here? Sounds to me like he got away with diddling kids, getting punishment at such an advanced age is such a cop-out.

Like who cares at that point? The dude who's roughly four years from death and raped tons of kids probably doesn't mind.

I'm glad it's getting attention and he should certainly be prosecuted even now but I don't feel so great about this outcome, personally...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's as much about sending the message that it doesn't loving matter how old you are, Child Diddlin' Is Not Okay, as it is about him. It's why they still went after old men for being former Nazis even decades after the fact.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah I get that. It still bums me out that he got away with it for decades.

But progress is progress

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"Microsoft" Scam Callers Arrested After Years of Terrorising the Technically Challenged

Those shameless scammers that cold-call people pretending to be from Microsoft and demanding money after walking users through supposed problems with their computers? They're going down, it seems, with four people arrested in the UK for enabling the rip-off.

City of London Police and Microsoft, the real Microsoft, have been working together for two years to trace the operators of the scheme, with the four people -- two from Woking and two from South Shields -- arrested on suspicion of fraud.

Although the calls were found to originate from India, the investigators found that the scam was allegedly being run out of the UK, with the poor overseas callers working from scripts and, presumably, not really aware they're doing anything hugely wrong.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2017/06/microsoft-scam-callers-arrested-after-years-of-terrorising-the-technically-challenged/

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lime Tonics posted:

"Microsoft" Scam Callers Arrested After Years of Terrorising the Technically Challenged

Those shameless scammers that cold-call people pretending to be from Microsoft and demanding money after walking users through supposed problems with their computers? They're going down, it seems, with four people arrested in the UK for enabling the rip-off.

City of London Police and Microsoft, the real Microsoft, have been working together for two years to trace the operators of the scheme, with the four people -- two from Woking and two from South Shields -- arrested on suspicion of fraud.

Although the calls were found to originate from India, the investigators found that the scam was allegedly being run out of the UK, with the poor overseas callers working from scripts and, presumably, not really aware they're doing anything hugely wrong.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2017/06/microsoft-scam-callers-arrested-after-years-of-terrorising-the-technically-challenged/

I sure am glad that nobody else will start doing that.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Oooooh

quote:

Millions of Americans rely on protections and coverage from the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare. The Republicans new bill will gut these protections and many will die.

They deserve to know it. Fill out our form and we’ll help you get papers in order to send your ashes to a GOP member of Congress if you pass.

http://mailmetothegop.com/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/Eu4f4tt.gifv

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py44k46RR_0

This kid rules

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

There are moments when "what did they think would happen?" just doesn't seem strong enough.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

I was in Port Douglas, Australia, staying at a hostel that had free bikes to use, but they weren't kept in good shape so none of them had brakes. I took one anyway because it's quite flat there and I was able to stop with my feet if I didn't go too fast. Until I turned onto one street that had a slight slope downwards, and I gained too much speed to stop with my feet. I was headed for a busy intersection and needed to stop. I went up into the grass, hoping that would slow me down enough. It didn't, so I made the decision to run into a tree. Didn't get hurt but the back wheel lifted up quite far on impact. I was surprised I kept my face from slamming into the trunk too.

That's when you do this

Pussy.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

KingSlime posted:

Yeah I get that. It still bums me out that he got away with it for decades.

But progress is progress

the mere fact that catholics worldwide didn't give up on catholocism after the whole scandal really started to unravel and that it was plainly obvious that the entire church organization participated in this poo poo...is amazing to me

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

BraveUlysses posted:

the mere fact that Catholics worldwide didn't give up on Catholicism after the whole scandal really started to unravel and that it was plainly obvious that the entire church organization participated in this poo poo...is amazing to me

Never underestimate the human capacity for willful ignorance.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The Pope blessed Nazi troops during WWII and that didn't seem to dissuade anyone :shrug:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
http://i.imgur.com/OKVzB3g.mp4

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

wwhy driver is piss. why driver is piss #brasiliano

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Looks staged

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Spectral Debt posted:

Looks staged

It is.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkF8eUIFUZ4

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Schadenfreude: Today is funny, but in the moment i was very piss!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BraveUlysses posted:

the mere fact that catholics worldwide didn't give up on catholocism after the whole scandal really started to unravel and that it was plainly obvious that the entire church organization participated in this poo poo...is amazing to me

People are very good at holding on to their identities through thick and thin, no matter and in times emboldened by opposing pressure :shrug:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
'Performance-enhancing' drug that cost Lance Armstrong his seven Tour de France titles doesn't work, finds study

'It’s just tragic ... to lose seven yellow jerseys for a drug that has no effect'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...y-a7816181.html

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

BraveUlysses posted:

My mum did. God bless her.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Lime Tonics posted:

'Performance-enhancing' drug that cost Lance Armstrong his seven Tour de France titles doesn't work, finds study

'It’s just tragic ... to lose seven yellow jerseys for a drug that has no effect'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...y-a7816181.html

:gary:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

chitoryu12 posted:

It's been beat for a while. Current mass produced winner is .500 S&W Magnum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMkiDguYtGw

Someone has made a breech loading single shot pistol that fires the .50BMG round, because freedom and because 'murica:911:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
http://i.imgur.com/GKl1oTy.gifv

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Kicked him right in the off switch.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMkiDguYtGw

Someone has made a breech loading single shot pistol that fires the .50BMG round, because freedom and because 'murica:911:

There's an incredible number of holes in that tin roof.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

I care gently caress all about fighting sports... but I'll admit that was impressive. Jesus.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Remember that WannaCry ransomware attack from last may? Afterwards the company I work for pushed out an internal memo telling all employees not to worry and that such attack could never hit us.

And then they got hit by NotPetya last Tuesday. I had a couple of days off so I didn't pay that much attention to it. But when I arrived at work this morning I was greeted by the cheerful message that production wasn't affected that badly and that the lines could still run the last few days. But supplies will run out Monday and we'll probably have to stop production Sunday because no one can open the doors of the warehouses the finished products are supposed to go to.
The IT department never applied the goddamned patches for the EternalBlue exploit to all the vulnerable machines. Apparently the US based corporate headquarters was still working the costs before they would give the go ahead to apply those upgrades. When I informed about the status of their backups, the questioned IT-goon gave me a thousand yard stare, mumbled something incomprehensible and quickly walked away. Currently the crisis team's best guess is that critical stuff will be fixed in two weeks.
This is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. :shepface:

Raygereio has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Jun 30, 2017

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Shoulda looked sooner

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bobby Digital posted: