Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also:

THIS LAND IS YOAH LAND
THIS LAND IS MY LAND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

anime was right posted:

remember when mom tried this and no one cared lol

thats cuz MO'M was a larping lameo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
anyhoo, Keith Ellison opening for RTJ when

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
MoM had a pretty good policy mix.

Shame about imprisoning 1/6th of Baltimore.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
incidentally watching RTJ turn into the unofficial soundtrack of the left has been pretty awesome because it means that all these old dudes keep winding up on stage with Killer Mike and El-P and its like "yeah we should do more good things and fewer bad things. now heres a song about cunnilingus"

frankly i think this kind of discourse should be more widely adopted

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I feel like if a Bad Dem did something this cringy on twitter we'd have 2 pages making fun of it

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

zegermans posted:

I feel like if a Bad Dem did something this cringy on twitter we'd have 2 pages making fun of it

I think we only gave Mom a page over it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I can already see the neolib challenger's campaign ad interspersing shots of Keith singing "money, that's what I want" between Very Serious calls for lower taxes and eliminating wasteful government data centers.

Even the Democratic Party isn't stupid enough to try to primary one of their very few safe house seats from the right.

...twenty people just asked someone to hold their beer, didn't they?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zegermans posted:

good thing hes a good dem and it rules

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

docbeard posted:

Even the Democratic Party isn't stupid enough to try to primary one of their very few safe house seats from the right.

There isn't really any movement behind primarying sitting congressmen from the right

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

lol you dumb loving troll

The song's legit and Ellison is cool. Sorry you love cringy old white women with no charisma.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

When they're happy about something good happening it turns into an endearing dorky-dad thing instead of an infuriating student-council-president thing

(plus Ellison has authenticity which counts for a lot)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
what if

*thinks really hard*

all dems are bad dems

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Money" is a good loving song you dumb idiots. Enjoying things and playing songs isn't cringey you lifeless gringos.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

zegermans posted:

if the good thing was bad, we'd make fun of it. checks out

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
apparently the minneapolis minimum wage thing is happening really fast? idk if thats a good idea

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

When they're happy about something good happening it turns into an endearing dorky-dad thing instead of an infuriating student-council-president thing

(plus Ellison has authenticity which counts for a lot)

Yeah. I mean, it could be just because he's my Congressman and one of the few political representatives I have ever had that I wasn't completely ashamed of (imagine living in Bob Goodlatte's district for like thirteen years), but Ellison is one of those rare politicians who is either really sincere or really good at faking it, and no one who's that good at faking it would be so comfortable being dorky in public.

Venom Snake posted:

There isn't really any movement behind primarying sitting congressmen from the right

Oh, I know, and, again, Ellison's is probably one of the safest seats in Congress (which is amazing for a black Muslim) but I've gotta Suck Zone it up a little, right?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oh nevermind, its shills lying through their teeth about the speed of implementation. its going to take 7 years, or about a dollar a year, to take effect.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i think ive got my audition tape for the lovely Beatles around here somewhere

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

apparently the minneapolis minimum wage thing is happening really fast? idk if thats a good idea

Don't do this

anime was right posted:

oh nevermind, its shills lying through their teeth about the speed of implementation. its going to take 7 years, or about a dollar a year, to take effect.

lol, figures

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

anime was right posted:

I haven't read that much about the nuts and bolts, but it looks like it's being phased in through 2024, faster for large businesses (and franchises are qualified as large businesses).

So faster than some proposals I've heard, but not exactly overnight.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

if the good thing was bad, we'd make fun of it. checks out

touche

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

docbeard posted:

I haven't read that much about the nuts and bolts, but it looks like it's being phased in through 2024, faster for large businesses (and franchises are qualified as large businesses).

So faster than some proposals I've heard, but not exactly overnight.

yeah i made a followup post. it seems that wherever its mentioned a dozen flies swarm to it and mention "ITS GOING TO DESTROY THE ECONOMY"

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please don't concern-troll over the rates of raising minimum wage. There's hundreds of feckless, milquetoast pundits who already do that.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

luv 2 be a democrat

https://twitter.com/RepStephMurphy/status/880515167678803968

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

anime was right posted:

"ITS GOING TO DESTROY THE ECONOMY"

destroying this economy would be good

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Frijolero posted:

"Money" is a good loving song you dumb idiots. Enjoying things and playing songs isn't cringey you lifeless gringos.

When is Whales going to become a political anthem

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

this is why I gave up on florida dems

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

lmaoooo

what a retard jtfc

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

video game lady and not

a video dame

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

zegermans posted:

if you're constantly checking people's pulse on it then oooh wait thats just a bad habit for concern trolls, nvm

:orb:

Keith bad...at singing, but glad that people have better wages and that is what makes it good bing bong so simple

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

lmaoooo

what a retard jtfc

She flipped a long time republican district. Essentially she pulled an Ossof but won so her extremely bland unpopular centrism is unsurprising. She plays it up big that she cares a lot about national security but when the people I work with told her that a large part of that is reigning in corporations and reforming acquisitions she suddenly got real silent

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Politician: how do I national security

Retired General: well the fact all of our infrastructure is crumbling isn't good and we need that to re-deploy troops and equipment.

Politician: but that's not bombing ISIS?????

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

anime was right posted:

yeah i made a followup post. it seems that wherever its mentioned a dozen flies swarm to it and mention "ITS GOING TO DESTROY THE ECONOMY"

Yep, saw after I posted. And yeah, of course.

Frijolero posted:

Please don't concern-troll over the rates of raising minimum wage. There's hundreds of feckless, milquetoast pundits who already do that.

Funny how the studies of Seattle's minimum wage hike have simultaneously shown that everything is fine and also that it's total financial apocalypse. (May not be precise study results.)

Regardless of anything else, we had quite a few Fight For 15 protests/marches around here last year, and it's great to have something new to throw in the "mattering" column.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I read sentence 1 and was like "uh-oh"

then I read sentence 2 and was like "aaaaaaaaaa"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

welcome to the suck zone politics where policy determines whether people like you or not.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

docbeard posted:

he's gonna get a primary challenge from the right, and probably also the left, and also from crazytown, because it's a safe dem seat and that's what happens there

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zegermans posted:

sincerity and earnestness makes a difference

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

families can't balance their budgets anymore thats why we need states to go into deficit spending to provide social services gd it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Al! posted:

families can't balance their budgets anymore thats why we need states to go into deficit spending to provide social services gd it

I only learned this recently but apparently "economy" originally referred to balancing a family budget, and we used the term "political economy" to refer to national/international stuff. :eng101:

• Locked thread