Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

last year was the july games chat thread + Wii U General Discussion and the op was extremely good, and cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This reminds me that while everyone continues to reference rooftop parties, The Nintendo E3 Showcase gave us additional suggestions of where to take the Switch: boxing gyms, diners from the 1950s, underpass construction sites, underpass skate parks, airplane hangars in between illegal underground drag races, and that arcade from Hackers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
June Games Chat Thread X

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Games Chat Thread June-2

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For the record, no they didn't keep Crash 1's old weird save system, they all use the save slot system now from 3 and you can save at any time on the map by hitting R2 or L2 or something. I don't know why that person said 'yes' to that question

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just because I say things doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh poo poo I forgot my birthday is in two days, I've been so busy with setting up my new job that I totally forgot. Guess I'm at that point where it's "just another notch on the closer-to-death-o-meter"

think I'll finally buy me a Sous Vide cooker

Quest For Glory II posted:

Would July-ke to Play a Game
this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

'i don't need to play it to be right about it' - socrates 2017

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
July Speedrun: WR 744 hours

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
http://kotaku.com/tecmo-is-making-dead-or-alive-you-can-smell-1796543869
:eyepop: but with the nose instead of the eyes

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Crash Bandicoot is beautiful, gently caress the haters

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Ew.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Can't wait for idiots to buy this en masse to stick it to some imaginary enemy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I genuinely hoped smellovision would never become a reality because I can't think of anything so nauseating to experience but well here we are.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What if Cronenberg comes out of retirement for it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My eyes and ears are the only things that should experience digital media, I do not want video games to become those Universal Studios theater experiences where a metal brush thing under your seat tickles your legs to simulate a rat running by

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

I genuinely hoped smellovision would never become a reality because I can't think of anything so nauseating to experience but well here we are.

Looking at the link and it was Tecmo, all I could think was why am I not surprised.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFyCPicGbXM

meow meow meow

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Showers with Kasumi are premium content only. Starter edition just gets Bass' sweaty jockstrap.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Can't wait for idiots to buy this en masse to stick it to some imaginary enemy.

its an arcade cabinet and theres probably going to be like 3, so i doubt this will happen.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm gonna order a smell-o-cade and you can't stop me!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Showers with Kasumi are premium content only. Starter edition just gets Bass' sweaty jockstrap.

Don't need a videogame for that

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Don't need videogames to spend time with a girl either yet here we are.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Horizon Zero Dawn GOTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHqBc-hEK_M

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Baby won't you splat my pyre

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I've died so many times in an early level of Crash that it gave me a free Aku Aku mask

I don't think that ever happened to me in the original :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Crash is so good. They did a really good job in the graphics too. The fact that they look natural at all is either testament to how good Naughty Dog's original designs were how much effort went into this or both

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

That's some dodging prowess right there

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Macarius Wrench posted:

I've died so many times in an early level of Crash that it gave me a free Aku Aku mask

I don't think that ever happened to me in the original :(

I believe it did. In fact, the original would change a normal crate into a checkpoint if you died too many times just so you could start further in

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Yeah it would give you free masks and pity checkpoint boxes after a while in all 3 of the games.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

glam rock hamhock posted:

I believe it did. In fact, the original would change a normal crate into a checkpoint if you died too many times just so you could start further in

yeah it just didn't happen to me when i was younger because I wasn't this bad at videogames, haha

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also, I didn't realize this collection actually had three plats (not that I'll be able to get any of them)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Samuringa posted:

Don't need videogames to spend time with a girl either yet here we are.

I've met every romantic partner I've ever had (male and female) through a shared interest in video games so what now bithc

video games own

glam rock hamhock posted:

Also, I didn't realize this collection actually had three plats (not that I'll be able to get any of them)

Getting relics in Crash 1 is really painful because there's almost nothing you can do except "play perfectly", since Crash's run speed is static and a lot of the levels are straight timing-based platforming, so it's probably not worth doing them for the trophies unless you REALLY like the challenge.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 30, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

I've met every romantic partner I've ever had (male and female) through a shared interest in video games so what now bithc

video games own
Characters in dating sims don't count.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Getting relics in Crash 1 is really painful because there's almost nothing you can do except "play perfectly", since Crash's run speed is static and a lot of the levels are straight timing-based platforming, so it's probably not worth doing them for the trophies unless you REALLY like the challenge.

As I said, probably won't get them. Hell, I looked at the target time for the first level and just went "gently caress that"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

But enough about your Visual Novels.

E:fb

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

In Training posted:

its an arcade cabinet and theres probably going to be like 3, so i doubt this will happen.
Just imagine some guy smelling those girls while a line of dudes is watching waiting for their turn, just goddamn.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

huh, for some reason this machine smells like unwashed taint sweat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phantasium posted:

huh, for some reason this machine smells like unwashed taint sweat

That'll be fixed in the next patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph