Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Plavski posted:

So far the only really smooth build I've found is the Mirinae Bone Armor one. Which doesn't bode well as it will probably be nerfed before it hits live.

But it already IS live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Carebearz posted:

But it already IS live

Off-season is limbo. Seasons is where we truly live

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

MountGeek posted:

True, I just hope they don't make Thursday starts a thing. I don't want work to get in the way of my Diablo.

The obvious answer is to quit your job! Don't let a thing like employment get in the way of your Diablos!

MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

deathbagel posted:

The obvious answer is to quit your job! Don't let a thing like employment get in the way of your Diablos!

Now that I can buy Diablo expansions with WoW gold and WoW time with WoW gold you might be right. :sotw:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok I put seasonal stuff in the 2nd post.

I have all 4 sets now and they very much all need another pass, EXACTLY like when the Crusader dropped. I want Speedfarm pestilence to work but I am so bad at Diablo. I like Rathma's playstyle actually because i have no emotional connection to the D2 Necro it feels great to have some nominal control over my dudes.

I want Trag to be fun and I have an Infinite blood nova explosion build but it does like zero damage =(

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Mirinae bonestorm is literally every build on the leaderboards; all using the exact same gear and skills. Hopefully they take these next few weeks to continue to iterate and vary things up.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Plavski posted:

Mirinae bonestorm is literally every build on the leaderboards; all using the exact same gear and skills. Hopefully they take these next few weeks to continue to iterate and vary things up.

The leaderboards are always a bad measurement - if one build is 1% better than all the rest, everyone on the leaderboard will use it. I'm not saying that blizz shouldn't fix the other sets, but its the nature of D3 that everyone will eventually end up using the one true build for each class.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I don't think $15 is too much. For as many hours as I've put into this game and as many as I'll put in with the Necro alone, it feels about right.
I think there are just some people who are primed and ready to complain about every little thing no matter what it is.

If the pack was free you'd still get people complaining that we didn't get enough extra stash tabs or something.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

GreatGreen posted:

I don't think $15 is too much. For as many hours as I've put into this game and as many as I'll put in with the Necro alone, it feels about right.
I think there are just some people who are primed and ready to complain about every little thing no matter what it is.

If the pack was free you'd still get people complaining that we didn't get enough extra stash tabs or something.

Imagine how much worse the bitching would be if this was a Bioware game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If this were a Bioware game the biggest complaints would be disappointment that the Necro can't romance the skeletons in Act 1.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

exquisite tea posted:

If this were a Bioware game the biggest complaints would be disappointment that the Necro can't romance the skeletons in Act 1.

That's a real boner.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I sure would love to be able to Corpse Explode the random dead guardsmen and villagers around the maps.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Would like to see a counter that shows how many corpses there are within range. I'm kind of spamming Corpse Lance at all times because once at GR70 it's really hard to see corpses when there's huge masses of enemies around.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jetfire posted:

I sure would love to be able to Corpse Explode the random dead guardsmen and villagers around the maps.

Oh, that's a fun idea. Make it just work on the clickable ones or something. It's not like we get anything useful from them anyway.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Lechtansi posted:

Can you link your build? I wanna check it out - i got the pestilence set tonight, so far its pretty fun.

https://www.d3planner.com/350951877

Still messing around with the amulet slot. My survivability is huge but T13 is starting to take some time to grind through. I can survive it without issue since if it isn't killed in one hit its stunlocked, but grinding at some bigger stuff takes some time.

e: Ancient gems are still up int he air. Currently using Molten Wildebeast Gizard, Bane of the Trapped, and Bane of the Powerful. Suggestions appreciated.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

explosivo posted:

Would like to see a counter that shows how many corpses there are within range. I'm kind of spamming Corpse Lance at all times because once at GR70 it's really hard to see corpses when there's huge masses of enemies around.

Use Land of the Dead, for a little bit you don't have to worry about corpses

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It would be a nice QoL adjustment if CE was greyed out when you hovered over an area with no usable corpses.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So dumb question, since we're not in season, what's the best way to go about gearing a fresh 70? My necro is sitting on just the usual pile of exotics with various nigh-pointless effects, and what's the best way forward? I'm having some really atrocious shard luck so far.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If you have a ton of crafting mats on non-season then keep upgrading rares to farm up a 6pc set.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Unfortunately a season last year was the first time I've ever really played a ton of D3, and every time I keep getting the urge to come back it's off season so I'm pretty low. Though honestly I have a couple well geared, badly rolled people that could blitz through a few bounty cycles way faster than I could keep slow rolling low T rifts on my necro for set drops, so that's a good answer either way, thanks.

Orv fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 30, 2017

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

If you have a ton of crafting mats on non-season then keep upgrading rares to farm up a 6pc set.

then farm the bounties for the crafting mats and reforge the duplicates if you are looking for a particular piece, also this and rifts are always a good source of deaths breath and drops

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

exquisite tea posted:

I thought female necro does romance the skeleton king.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
When items refer to you "consuming" a corpse are they on about corpses being used for skills, or corpses that are specifically eaten via Devour?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Back in my day, SkeleMancers were universally reviled for their ability to make the D2 server you were on slow to a crawl.

Act 2 merc with Destruction cares nothing for your Ubers run

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 30, 2017

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
is there anyone who can accept my invite back into the lljk clan? battletag is lastking#1574.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Just started back playing and noticed that no season is available under the options. Why is that?

I'm dumb. Evidently the season starts next month. Sigh

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Last King posted:

is there anyone who can accept my invite back into the lljk clan? battletag is lastking#1574.

Clan is dead, just join the LLJK community instead.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The publicly searchable LLJK clan is dead but there are others.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

poptart_fairy posted:

When items refer to you "consuming" a corpse are they on about corpses being used for skills, or corpses that are specifically eaten via Devour?

All of these count.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I'm almost afraid they're going to nerf the inarius set before season. It's good, and by being good, it is ni the line of site for nerfs.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
How do I get greens out of the cube? Can I generate them from lesser items?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How do I get greens out of the cube? Can I generate them from lesser items?

Upgrade Rare Item can give a Set item, as they're still Legendaries.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Also if you're trying to complete a set, you can hold onto a duplicated set item and throw it back into the cube with the convert recipe.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Although when you do that it can't roll as an Ancient or Primal. As such, you'd turn need to reforge the new set item in the cube.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have yet to play D3 but Necro was my favorite in two. Basically any class that pretty much plays the game for me is fun. I heard WD was king poo poo of followers but I suppose that's no longer the case?

My goal is to only sit around while my army does my dirty work.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I have yet to play D3 but Necro was my favorite in two. Basically any class that pretty much plays the game for me is fun. I heard WD was king poo poo of followers but I suppose that's no longer the case?

My goal is to only sit around while my army does my dirty work.

WD is still the king of pets. 20 of the necromancer's 28 pets only last a few seconds. 10 of those 20 temporary pets are so terrible, they don't even get used. The necromancer doesn't have any good pet damage legendaries or passives like the WD. No Mask of Jordan, good offhands, 'tougher pets' passive, 'more damage' pets passive, 'more pets' pet passive, 'temporary pets spawned on hit' item or passive. It's very different from the D2 necromancer and Witchdoctor. It's basically 7 skeletons, 1 golem, and then a bunch of spells you can cast which look like minions, but disappear after a few seconds of shooting mobs or standing around staring at a wall.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

WD still holds appeal for me but Necro has run out of steam already. Really disappointed with the zoomancer thing.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
^describing the temporary minions as spells/dots is a good frame and explanation.

Thanks for explaining the cube to me fellas, I didn't see any tool tips in game

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Plavski posted:

Really disappointed with the zoomancer thing.

You're not alone. The forums and the reddits are basically non-stop posts about skeletal mages and their "active gameplay" decisions. I doubt they will do what should have been done from the start with the design (IMO), but I think we may get a small bump in duration so you get an extra few seconds to loot before having to cast mages again. It's going to be annoying to play unless they bump the base skill from 6 seconds to 30-60 or something significant, and the ring gives 10-15 seconds instead of 2-4. We'll see on July 20th what final changes they make, if any. Those changes, or lack of changes, will probably determine how many necromancers we see in S11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

DrSeRRoD posted:

You're not alone. The forums and the reddits are basically non-stop posts about skeletal mages and their "active gameplay" decisions. I doubt they will do what should have been done from the start with the design (IMO), but I think we may get a small bump in duration so you get an extra few seconds to loot before having to cast mages again. It's going to be annoying to play unless they bump the base skill from 6 seconds to 30-60 or something significant, and the ring gives 10-15 seconds instead of 2-4. We'll see on July 20th what final changes they make, if any. Those changes, or lack of changes, will probably determine how many necromancers we see in S11.

Either the mages would need to do a lot less damage but be "permanent" like the regular skellies or the damage should stay the same but the duration be at the VERY least doubled - if duration goes to 30+ seconds the damage prob needs to be reduced though. If they were permanent the damage bonus from the set could be similar to the damage reduction mechanic - like every time your minions hit something your overall damage increases by 25% for 10 seconds stacking up to like 3k% or whatever considering how often your minions would hit with that many out at once.