Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Avirosb posted:

The police can sometimes be considered a criminal organization too,
but I doubt the ones they have at the Vatican shoot minorities for no good reason.

Nah, the Vatican's cops are more old-school than that.

E: keep the dog tax

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Prepare for hot takes from the right-wing cartoonists. Germany legalized gay marriage today.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

Prepare for hot takes from the right-wing cartoonists. Germany legalized gay marriage today.
Merkel's decision to vote against it is way too subtle for at least American political cartoonists to deal with I think.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Cythereal posted:

Germany legalized gay marriage today.

Yay. :unsmith:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Triskelli posted:

Nah, the Vatican's cops are more old-school than that.

E: keep the dog tax

Dogtagnan....

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Cythereal posted:

Well poo poo it's much too early to watch horrible people make cartoons of gay Hitler.
:(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wonder if they'll be able to link gay marriage being legalized to the Syrian refugees

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Cythereal posted:

That's just what the Muslim terrorists want, don't they get it?!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Avirosb posted:

That's just what the Muslim terrorists want, don't they get it?!

But also Muslims hate gay people so you should vote for us so we can protect you from the Muslims!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Come to think about it I'm surprised it took Germany this long, isn't Berlin like the gayest city on earth?
:gay:Gaying Europe up!:eurovision:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Stultus Maximus posted:

Because being single makes you a child molester? Because there are no pedophiles with wives and children? Are you an idiot?

I'm going to insist that increased personal freedom in lifestyle choice, particularly the elementary ability to have human intimacy and express love, would improve overall sexual health and diminish the incidence of criminal sexual expression.

Obviously, reporting lawbreaking is another important element.

I don't think you will find me or anyone else saying marriage prevents sexual assault. It was kind of odd you would read that into my post.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Come to think about it I'm surprised it took Germany this long, isn't Berlin like the gayest city on earth?

Nah. Cologne is actually gayer than that.

The reason it took so long is that it's a somewhat smaller and more gradual step than in the US. Homosexual people were able to live in an "Eingetragene Lebenspartnerschaft" (notified life relationship) since 2001. By 2013 The tax benefits were virtually identical.
This new change mostly affects the name and the adoption rights. Before, a gay couple could only adopt a child, if one of them was the biological parent.
Also I think it allows hospitals to let the partner see the patient based on that next of kind rule.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 30, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Long story short, both the populace and the majority of the parliament had been in favour of it for a good while now, but the whole thing had gone nowhere because Merkel's CDU wouldn't let it come to a vote (with the tacit tolerance of the SPD, who'd agreed to this dynamic as part of their coalition with the CDU). But in the runup to this years' elections it looked like gay marriage might become a hot-button election issue, so earlier this week Merkel indicated that maybe blocking it wasn't all that important after all. A draft of a relevant law had been long since prepared, so they managed to finally get the whole thing done within just a few days once the way was clear.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Dogtagnan....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR9J2ITspyU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The new healthcare bill sets aside a lot of funding for marker construction.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Out of curiosity, if I were a conservative political cartoonist, who would be paying for my healthcare? If they're syndicated is there some guild that you join into, or are they all on cobra or something where they pay for it all themselves and are super bitter that other people's employers include or subsidize their healthcare?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Ratoslov posted:

(By 'the goons', Starshark means themself and only themself. That's who 'the goons' refers to around here. Starshark.)

Correct. I was the one who couldn't tell mud from poo poo.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

davebo posted:

Out of curiosity, if I were a conservative political cartoonist, who would be paying for my healthcare? If they're syndicated is there some guild that you join into, or are they all on cobra or something where they pay for it all themselves and are super bitter that other people's employers include or subsidize their healthcare?

Most of them are considered to be self-employed, aren't they?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

davebo posted:

"I just never get sick :smuggo:"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Honestly the hot-takes from the peanut gallery were lukewarm at best regarding gay marriage in the USA, so I doubt we'll hear much about Germany.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The new healthcare bill sets aside a lot of funding for marker construction.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ularg posted:

"I just never get sick :smuggo:"

I watched a youtube video recently with a audio book of Ecce Hommo, and in the book Nietzche uses about 40 minutes to describe how poo poo was his health, but another 40 minutes to say that he never was truly sick.

If anything, he described how at times he was taken away by "Russian pesimism", Nietzche describe this pessimism has quietly quitting everything simply by sleeping in the snow waiting for dead.

The people like Nietzche have never been sick, but if they where to accept some illness, it would be the best ever illness that humans have ever feel. I love it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Pants Donkey posted:

Honestly the hot-takes from the peanut gallery were lukewarm at best regarding gay marriage in the USA, so I doubt we'll hear much about Germany.

Europe is prancing fairy-land in their eyes anyways so it probably wouldn't even register

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Gay marriage is popular enough here that all but the most hardcore religious right-wingers won't publicly oppose it any more. They've shifted their hatred onto trans people, because they're an easier target.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

i'm intrigued

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
also nice

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Korner Kelly: Independence nay.

Barely legible, hands way too big, see me after class Bennett.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pakled posted:

Gay marriage is popular enough here that all but the most hardcore religious right-wingers won't publicly oppose it any more. They've shifted their hatred onto trans people, because they're an easier target.

They're also big on attacking it in the margins. To bring up the GA-6 election for the umpteenth time, Karen Handel's view on gay marriage was "whatever, it's already been decided" (aka "I hate it but there's nothing I can do"), but also that she'd deny adoptions to gay parents.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Give Me Liberty by Frank Miller.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Edible Hat posted:

That goose is supposed to be a black person, right?

I like this in a literal sense (Canada Geese are assholes), but knowing Tinsley it probably is supposed to be racist.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Geese are #2 on the hierarchy of large fowl who care the least whether they are currently blocking traffic, below wild turkeys

Wild turkeys do not give a gently caress about your commute

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

loquacius posted:

Geese are #2 on the hierarchy of large fowl who care the least whether they are currently blocking traffic, below wild turkeys

Wild turkeys do not give a gently caress about your commute

Wild turkeys ran out of fucks a long time ago :

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Wild turkeys ran out of fucks a long time ago :

About the time of Ben Franklin?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Internet Webguy posted:

I appreciate this Branco because it's not actually about Obamacare except insofar as that's the current issue everyone's talking about. Just swap the labels and update the copyright year and maaaaaybe change it to a Donkey if control of the Senate/House changes and he can reuse that until he dies of old age.

THEM POLITICIANS TAKING BREAKS :911:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Tei posted:

I watched a youtube video recently with a audio book of Ecce Hommo, and in the book Nietzche uses about 40 minutes to describe how poo poo was his health, but another 40 minutes to say that he never was truly sick.

If anything, he described how at times he was taken away by "Russian pesimism", Nietzche describe this pessimism has quietly quitting everything simply by sleeping in the snow waiting for dead.

The people like Nietzche have never been sick, but if they where to accept some illness, it would be the best ever illness that humans have ever feel. I love it.

i kind of need to see your take on thomas hobbes now

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
https://twitter.com/ASM_AntiSocial/status/880772759554535426

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Vib Rib posted:

Isn't Coca Cola a nationally-beloved symbol that became all but synonymous with the American Dream, the free market, and so on?
Like, way to choose a loving iconic brand the public loves as your symbol for "bad thing".

Don't forget, this is the guy who routinely drew evil-incompetent-mastermind-narcissist Obama as Robin Hood, Luke Skywalker, Jesus, Santa Claus, George Bailey, etc.

Like Marion Crane, Trump is a crook. AGC

If you play in stirrup-pants, you should be bad.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Webguy posted:

He's not wrong. *shrug* Obamacare does force healthy youngish people to buy insurance. And since his only audience is white people who don't need help it's perfectly designed for his audience.
Much like Trump showing off his "victims of Obamacare":

I mean just off screen is a ton of people Obamacare helps

But Branco specifically doesn't represent or care about these people. Muck like Trump who ONLY represents the people who voted for him (or, much more truthfully, only himself)
So it's not like this comic is "wrong" factually, it's just "wrong" morally, tone deaf, and generic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

those nips though

• Locked thread