Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

I have the most ideal possible setup for in home streaming (gigabit wired connections) and it's still pretty garbage on both PS4 and PC. A game like The Witcher 3 looks like hot garbage with all the video compression going on. I'm pretty sure the people saying it works just fine from their Holiday Inn 2000 miles away are just straight up lying, or they fiddled with it for 3 seconds before turning it off and calling it good.

Did you try it on a game that isn't the hardware testing benchmark ala "Crysis" of the last few years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

well why not posted:

I don't really see the point over streaming games from a PC when I'm at home. Why not just play on the PC?

Portability is nice and all, but I only really play PUBG or Overwatch on PC and neither would stream well.

My couch is more comfortable than my desk chair, basically :shrug:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

How do you get BOTW Hero's Journey to work? People say they're running it from the map by pressing X but I don't have it. Is there a quest or something?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Are there any great eshop multi player games right now? Obviously Snipperclips, but I'm trying to find something to play in short bursts with 8 year olds that isn't Mario Kart or ARMS. There's a lot of good stuff on the eshop but it seems mainly single player. (and Fast RMX but that didn't appeal to them on Wii U.)

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

drat, it's going to look like i'll have to import the splatoon joycons.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

Are there any great eshop multi player games right now? Obviously Snipperclips, but I'm trying to find something to play in short bursts with 8 year olds that isn't Mario Kart or ARMS. There's a lot of good stuff on the eshop but it seems mainly single player. (and Fast RMX but that didn't appeal to them on Wii U.)

Any preference for competitive vs. cooperative?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris is fun but maybe not 8 year old fun.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Imagined posted:

Did you try it on a game that isn't the hardware testing benchmark ala "Crysis" of the last few years?

Yeah, it seems more likely the issue is with compression of complex scenes, not the game's performance on the host PC (which was over 100 fps). Running Persona 5 off the PS4 on a wired connection looked similarly terrible and also suffered from some gross controller lag that made it hard to handle the action components.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 30, 2017

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

deadly_pudding posted:

My couch is more comfortable than my desk chair, basically :shrug:

This, playing poo poo via Steam Link is amazing and way better than sitting at my desk.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

MassRafTer posted:

There's Astro Duel Deluxe which is real fun for short bursts, or Shovel Knight if they are decent at platforming.

Obviously the real answer is Minecraft. Buy that.

e; oh, World of Goo is supposed to have a fun 2-player mode also.

Drunk Tomato fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 30, 2017

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

big mean giraffe posted:

This, playing poo poo via Steam Link is amazing and way better than sitting at my desk.

This but I buy games for console instead of using my steam link

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
if you think that streaming app is ever releasing on the Nintendo Switch Console.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
iVapo US via Amazon has 2-Pack iVAPO Glass Screen Protectors for Nintendo Switch on sale for $5.99 - 70% off w/ promotional code 4INKRQJY = $1.79. Shipping is free with Prime or if you spend $25 or more

Saw this on slickdeals. Use the promo code 4INKRQJY

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Thanks, bought. I am a No Screen Protector guy, but for $2.... meh.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dat screenfeel

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
We get it, you iVapo.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Are joycons seriously going to continually be scalped and unbuyable? I was waiting until I got a good 2-player game to buy more joycons, naively thinking that I could just buy them whenever, but apparently even the yellow ones that were on Amazon like a week ago are now scalped out and cost over $100. How is Nintendo so bad at this?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Well, I guess I can become a deplorable for $1.80.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Nintendo isn't the problem here, its profound sense of sentimentality and nostalgia towards the brand.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please be sure to get a properly licensed accessory, known amiibo thief Dr. Tim Whatley.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Manky posted:

Any preference for competitive vs. cooperative?

Drunk Tomato posted:

There's Astro Duel Deluxe which is real fun for short bursts, or Shovel Knight if they are decent at platforming.

Obviously the real answer is Minecraft. Buy that.

e; oh, World of Goo is supposed to have a fun 2-player mode also.

Competitive. Astro Duel Deluxe seems ok but it's hard to get an idea if it is actually fun from the videos I've seen. I might give that a try.

They Minecraft enough as it is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Pirating amiibos was the beginning of this slippery slope, friend. You are lost.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pirating amiibos was the beginning of this slippery slope, friend. You are lost.

That "amiibo" was forced on me, I merely... oh... I'm an accessory to a crime :negative:

I am lost

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

angel opportunity posted:

Are joycons seriously going to continually be scalped and unbuyable? I was waiting until I got a good 2-player game to buy more joycons, naively thinking that I could just buy them whenever, but apparently even the yellow ones that were on Amazon like a week ago are now scalped out and cost over $100. How is Nintendo so bad at this?

Switch is very very popular so it and accessories sell out quickly. Demand is high.

MassRafTer posted:

Competitive. Astro Duel Deluxe seems ok but it's hard to get an idea if it is actually fun from the videos I've seen. I might give that a try.

They Minecraft enough as it is.

I played it and its simple and fun. It's basically asteroids. It is great for 15 minutes, but I wouldn't play it for longer than that at a stretch.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
How NPCs react to you if you're wearing the Tingle suit.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Imagined posted:

:five:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Imagined posted:

This owns so much.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Imagined posted:

Lmao

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Imagined posted:

hahahahaha

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Imagined posted:

GOTY all years.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Imagined posted:

:perfect:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Finally got one of these. Are there any good multiplayer games yet other than Mario Kart that can do 2-player with the joycon halves rather than needing a second pair?

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

Finally got one of these. Are there any good multiplayer games yet other than Mario Kart that can do 2-player with the joycon halves rather than needing a second pair?

I've been playing tons of Arms local multiplayer with them. I still prefer using the full controller, but it does the job.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

Snipperclips, Metal Slug 3, Puyo Puyo Tetris

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

Super Bomberman R, Shovel Knight, Blaster Master Zero I think

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Binding of Issac is another good coop with split joycons game. Of course there's also 1, 2 Switch.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

You should absolutely get snipperclips if you have someone to play it with. I am not being ironic, it is hella funny playing that with a 2nd person

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Snipperclips is actually a 3+ player game because there's always room for at least one person to shout at the players about what they should do and how they're loving up.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

No joke, thanks to this post and the reveal that GameStop is doing 70% extra on trade ins inspired me to pillage my video game collection.

After double checking Amazon trade ins/FBA (my wife's a seller) I took about twenty games to GameStop and walked out with a Splatoon 2 and Mario vs Rabbits preorder, Pokemon Sun, a $50 Steam card, and a card with $326.42 of trade in credit.

My only regret is that I bought so many games digitally for my 3DS :smith:

[Edit: probably could have gotten more on eBay but fuuuuuck that]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Another week without NBA Playgrounds getting online added. At least they didn't lie like last week and claim it was coming this week.

• Locked thread