Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's his loving piercing bird laugh for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

What do I like the least: Elliot singing when he shouldn't or the gang defering to his milquetoast "truth is in the middle"-rear end lovely political statements? Impossible to say

I stopped listening to the show when one of them opened with Matt taking about how much he appreciated Louise Mensch. I'm taking it they are still using every episode to let you know that they are vocally unreformed liberals?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I very much enjoy the Never Not Funny podcast with Jimmy Pardo and the gang.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
lets go around the horn

(the horn is my penis)

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

tnimark posted:

I very much enjoy the Never Not Funny podcast with Jimmy Pardo and the gang.

agreed

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Awesome more Hamilton this week. Love it so much just wish that they would talk about it every week.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Boredumb posted:

Awesome more Hamilton this week. Love it so much just wish that they would talk about it every week.

I could listen to all the Hamilton talk in the world if they promised to drop the climax themed gameshow brainstorming. Every time Matt starts to explain it to a new guest I just loving hate it so much.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Also somersaults might be a new level of morning zoo for the show.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Not Operator posted:

I could listen to all the Hamilton talk in the world if they promised to drop the climax themed gameshow brainstorming. Every time Matt starts to explain it to a new guest I just loving hate it so much.

this is incorrect

also i'm the one who suggested calling it Glug on twitter

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I want to like it but my friends and I joked about exactly the same thing in high school. As a one off bit I'd have shrugged at it, but they've been iterating on it for four episodes now and it feels beneath them, comically.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Not Operator posted:

beneath them, comically.

Hahaha what?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

yeah seriously what on earth

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I dunno, I think there's still some funny in the "Spank Bank" talk.

I do think "Sevens" needs to be retired, though, or at least go on a lengthy hiatus. I don't know what they're hoping to get out of that any more.

Anyone else notice Matt seems weirdly arrogant lately? I feel like it started with the whole Fences-spoiling thing.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

FitFortDanga posted:

I dunno, I think there's still some funny in the "Spank Bank" talk.

I do think "Sevens" needs to be retired, though, or at least go on a lengthy hiatus. I don't know what they're hoping to get out of that any more.

Anyone else notice Matt seems weirdly arrogant lately? I feel like it started with the whole Fences-spoiling thing.

I agree with all 3. Sevens I just skip now, it's just not fun to listen to anymore.

Matt has been super stubborn lately and weirdly annoying.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Matt's always been annoying, in my opinion. I'd rather listen to Elliot

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No one is watching that show but I've gotta admit "Spank Bank" is a great name for it.

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What are you guys thoughts on the live shows? I don't really like the forced vibe where they are going for the laugh every 5 seconds because it's never been that kind of show for me.

I do like that they have a recurring cast of fans who come every time they're in town. Jimmy and Matt seem to know some of them and are able to interact with them in funny/insulting ways.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

who's your crawdaddy posted:

What are you guys thoughts on the live shows? I don't really like the forced vibe where they are going for the laugh every 5 seconds because it's never been that kind of show for me.

I feel the same way and skip all the live show episodes. It feels very forced and is just uncomfortable to me.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

who's your crawdaddy posted:

I do like that they have a recurring cast of fans who come every time they're in town. Jimmy and Matt seem to know some of them and are able to interact with them in funny/insulting ways.

They felt like they got worse when Pat Francis stopped showing up to all of them. He's the perfect idiot for the live environment.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Does anyone think a game show with Jimmy as host would actually be any good? Every time they mention a game show he seems to get all butturt that he isn't hosting one and that he'd be better than the hosts they have now.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Man, I've been a fan of NNF since early 2009, have subscribed to every primo season since then, listened to most episodes multiple times, and have been basically in the top 1% of "biggest fans" of the show since then, but the loving 2016 election broke Jimmy's brain and I can't listen to his faux Olbermannish blowhard neo-liberal poo poo every week. I stomached the nauseating Hamilton talk but this is too much. The show used to pride itself in being apolitical, mainly because they've always been self-admittedly clueless about politics. They're still just as clueless, but they stopped being aware of that.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

no jimmy is good and trump is unbelievably bad

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Riptor posted:

no jimmy is good and trump is unbelievably bad

While true,

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

The show used to pride itself in being apolitical, mainly because they've always been self-admittedly clueless about politics. They're still just as clueless, but they stopped being aware of that.

This is also true.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think Jimmy still acknowledges his shortcomings when it comes to the nuances and details of politics but when you have a president who's literally shitposting memes on Twitter you dont really have to have a degree in political science to comment on it. And I just don't see how not commenting on things is a reasonable expectation in this environment

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Because Jimmy isn't good at it and the show sucks because of it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Because Jimmy isn't good at it and the show sucks because of it.

Counterpoint: whatever

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Trump is bad but right-wing liberals are also not very good I wish Jimmy would become a communist

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
hello new guest, did you know that our intern Garon is a homosexual and has threesomes with other men?

hello returning guest from a previous season, did you know that our intern Garon is a homosexual and has threesomes with other men?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Tom Arnold is loving insane

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Riptor posted:

Those stories about what they did to their brother were bonkers.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Riptor posted:

You ain't gonna marry Roseanne unless you have your own issues

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

He was on Sklarbro Country (now Views from the Cheap Seats) a few months ago and told some great stories about the Roseanne roast.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Also while I'm really glad that Jimmy and Anthony Rapp get along... boy oh boy, while Anthony seems like a nice guy I'm not sure he's ever actually laughed at anything or made a joke. Dude just comes off as guarded and kinda dismissive

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
It's almost like he's not a comedian.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Neither is Jon Hamm but the dude knows how to hang

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Jon Ham, actor from bridesmaids and keeping up with the Jones yeah definitely as much comedy experience as a theater rat.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Hmm good point I guess Anthony Rapp is hilarious!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Mollymauk posted:

Those stories about what they did to their brother were bonkers.

Jesus Christ you two were not kidding

Edit: I feel like I'm getting a contact panic attack

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 19, 2017

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Matt is so stubborn, not sure if it's me, it just feels like it is getting worse every season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Boredumb posted:

Matt is so stubborn, not sure if it's me, it just feels like it is getting worse every season.

His "I refuse to accept that Trading Places doesn't hold up" shtick is really loving stupid. I haven't been this annoyed with Matt since season 1.